First Review by Stevie

Best vegan grocery in Nottingham - Edit

It's not wholly vegan but they specialise in vegan food, so almost everything is vegan. Massive deli counter (for a small shop) with everything from wraps, to pasties, to cakes (lots and lots of vegan cake) and even giant vegan 'Ferrero Rocher' balls. The chiller has lots of hard to find vegan cheeses etc. Vegan ice creams also (single serve pots with spoons in the freezer).

Worth a visit - Edit

A very lovely little shop with an overall good selection of groceries and convenience foods.
Has variety of spices from Suma and lots of dried fruits.
You can also find bodycare products and aromatherapy.

This is also the only place I have come across the utter deliciousness that is the chocolate ice cream from the brand Food Heaven!

I have tried a chocolate crumble and a spinach+pea wrap from their takeaway counter. Both were amazing and well priced!

Definitely recommended!
It's just a 3 minute walk from the Victoria Centre!

Pros: mostly vegan products, you can actually find really good deals, food at the takeaway counter

Cons: aisles are a bit narrow

good little shop - Edit

Good array of pasties and pastries, many of which are vegan. I had a warmed-up "breakfast pastry" with a filling of mushrooms, veg sausage, beans, etc., and another time a "traditional vegetable pasty." Good selection of products, including egg-free mayonnaise, packaged grains, muesli, etc....

Pros: nice selection, pasties and pastries

Cons: small

Small shop, good selection - Edit

We were in the Natural Food Company on 2 and 3 July 2010. The store is quite small, and they don't have much in the way of staples/dry goods, but their 'deli case' (for lack of a better term) is fantastic. So many vegan options, and their vegan gluten-free vanilla cake was the best cake I had in all of Nottingham over the 4 days we were there. Obviously it was good enough that we went twice in one weekend. We would've gone back again on the Sunday but they were closed.

Pros: good vegan options, reasonable prices

Cons: closed Sunday

Natural Food Company, Nottingham - Edit

This pleasantly smelling health food shop is in Nottingham city centre just up the hill opposite Victoria Centre.

I admit to already knowing the girl who server me. However when I asked here to hit me with the low down on this place she launched into it with zeal pouring out of her. This place is supplied by local food suppliers such as the Screaming Carrot vegan vegetarian bakery. Around 85% of the produce on offer is vegan vegetarian. Fair trade and eco friendly produce on offer, all suppliers delivery boxes are recycled. Products on offer include a non food section and a ready to eat take away food section (this is very popular with a regular clientele).

This place seems to attract international staff (Jul 07 - American and Polish).

For me as a vegan vegetarian this is the best of the health food shops that I have visited in Nottingham city centre - well worth a visit.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly, Decent choice, Helpful staff

Return to Nottingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Natural Food Company closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1952 times since Aug 2007.