CLOSED: Natural Detox Nutrition Shoppe

• Health-food-store Health Store

813-985-7700

4202 E Busch Blvd Ste 8, Tampa, Florida, USA, 33617

Store with vegan deli. Note: Reported closed and moving to a new location Aug 2017. Please update HappyCow of changes.

First Review by ChrisBrito

Delicious and also cozy! - Edit

Me and my dad went yesterday for dinner to this awesome place. Pat and Tom are so welcoming! They received us even with rain and stormy weather. My dad and I ate MacNcheese, the BQQ ribs and a veggie wrap... DE-LI-CIOUS. Everything tastes homemade and warm.

We loved this place so much that we ended up buying some to-go vegan stuff, 9 filter alkaline water, chocolate cake and cookies that Pat gave us super kindly.

YOU NEED TO KNOW that this place is like going to your friend's home. You'll love it if you want to eat full vegan dishes, they have lots of options. A big thank you to the owners, we loved it

Pros: Delicious food, Products to buy and take home, Friendly people

Great atmosphere! - Edit

Tryed out the veggie wrap it was awsome loved the salsa verde aswell! Great experince and awsome deals definitley will be returning !!!

Cons: None.

UPDATED: Call Before You Go - Edit

After reading the reviews, we decided to visit for a meal. HappyCow had it listed as open (Sunday), however when we arrived, we were greeted with a hand written note on the window "This Week's Hours" ... they were closed and not going to be open until Wednesday. Frustrated, we will definitely call before we make a trek across town.

*********

UPDATE: After placing a quick call to verify hours, we visited and we are so happy that we did. Pat and her husband Tom are very friendly and welcoming. The shoppe is small with a couple of tables and chairs. The deals on groceries were amazing, i.e., a 5 pound bag of Daiya cheese only $10.00 or a gallon of Vegenaise for $25.00. There are seasonings and spices, Gardein, Beyond Meat, Mock tuna and salmon all priced at or below competitor prices. Pat is willing to order items for you not on hand. Please go check this place out - they are fine tuning their hours and days of operation.

Updated from previous review on Monday October 27, 2014

Updated from previous review on Monday October 27, 2014

Pros: Yummy Vegan Comfort Food, Great deals on groceries, Very friendly

Natural Detox Pat 15 Aug 2014 - Dear Myra:

I am so sorry you made a trip only to be disappointed by the store being closed. We weren't sure if we were going back to the old hours.

It is wise to call any business to make sure the hours are correct and if they are still in business. I do it all the time if time is a factor.

I do hope you will visit again.

The hours are being changed now and I strongly suggest you call before you visit.

Thank you.

SOME PEOPLE NEED TO STAY HOME - Edit

I called before I headed over to store and I have known the owners for 4 yours. Enough said!

I love deciding what I am going to eat and sometimes I let Pat just make up whatever. She asks what you are allergic to or don't want added to a dish. She has always had standard menu items available, but people wanted more. She offered more.

The place offers alkaline water, detox services and a small retail section.

There is a lot to see and Pat is always willing to offer advice or a food sampling.

There is a lot happening in the store right now. You can see it. A lot of new inventory is coming in. So, if this gets on your nerves or you have never worked retail, you might want to wait until September. I know what's happening and it takes time to set stock.

I call or drop by for deeply discounted vegan items and maybe bring home some prepared food.

Pros: Great Place, Great People, Great Vegan Food

Cons: Hope Hours Will Be Extended, Waiting For Delivery, Wish I Could Come Every Day

Great Place! - Edit

I just moved to Tampa FL from New Jersey and looked online for a vegan place to eat and buy groceries. When I got to Natural Detox I was pleasantly surprised. The store had lots of interesting grocery items and there was a couple of different lunches listed on the menu to choose from. I met the owner Pat and she welcomed me warmly. She made me a smoothie and it was delicious! After chatting with her a bit she kept giving me new things to try!
I was very impressed. I loved it all! I bought several new things including her water that is reverse osmosis. It was really delicious. I met her husband as well. I WILL be going back and next time I will go there hungry! Pat does all the home cooked meals there and she KNOWS how to cook!

Pros: different lunch choices, interesting groceries, reasonable prices

Cons: a bit of a drive for me

Natural Detox Pat 15 Aug 2014 - Dear Elsie:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Loved meeting you and introducing you to my friends. You were an absolute delight and I can't wait to have you try some of our new menu items.

See you soon!

BEST DETOX EVER! - Edit

I came to the Natural Detox Nutrition Shoppe to purchase alkaline water and I ended doing the alkaline ionic foot bath detox sessions and drinking extra alkaline water.

About 3 years ago, I stepped on a rusty nail and did nothing about it. Thanks to the alkaline water, Moringa, Joint Ease, Brown Seaweed and Oxy/Jojoba Salve the injury completely healed. The salve and supplements helped break up the internal callous and the sore area on the bottom of my foot.

My digestion was really bad and I had black circles under my eyes. I was able to straighten out my digestion, renew my energy level and feel like a new man!

Thanks to my visit to Natural Detox Nutrition Shoppe, I am in really good shape.

You should check this place out before going anywhere else.

Pros: Great place and staff, Great herbal products, No pressure solutions

Natural Detox Pat 15 Aug 2014 - Thank you! It's time for you to visit again.

Food Empowered - Edit

Vegan Take Out has become one of my favorite deli to go and eat a healthy meal. Although I'm not a vegetarian, I'm becoming more conscious of what I'm eating and taking better care of my body. I have eaten there several times and I enjoy the homemade chili, rice and beans, and hamburger.

Pros: Great Organic Food, Clean and Friendly Environment, Amazing Smoothies

Natural Detox Pat 24 Nov 2013 - I wanted to thank you for such a great review. So sorry it has taken so long to respond to your post, but since I you visit and eat here all the time, I didn't think you would mind.

We are so happy you are able to come down Friday night for, "STOP CRYIN' THE BLUES AND SING FOR YOUR SUPPER!"

YOU SIR, ARE CAPABLE OF INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! YOU ARE PART OF OUR FAMILY! Thank you!

OUTSTANDING! AWESOME! THE BEST! - Edit

I have to say that Outstanding, Awesome and The Best only begins to describe how awesome the Smoothie's, The Brownie's, The Spaghetti, The Chicken & Yellow Rice with Black Beans are, just a few of the tasty treats that keep me going back almost four days a week when I am in town. Don't miss out.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday June 19, 2013

Pros: Organic, Vegan, Mouth Watering

Natural Detox Pat 20 Jun 2013 - We are vegan and not 100% organic. Getting there. Many products are GMO free but not organic. I prefer to use hydroponic, bio-organic and organic.

Organic food items are clearly marked.

Thank you so much for your review and I hope I can live up to your expectations!

Best Smoothies - Edit

If you love Great smoothies this is the spot to go to! They serve amazing ORGANIC fruit smoothies,and best of all they use Ionized water. S the health benefits are extrodinary! Not to mention Mrs. Pat is an delightful and energetic person. So i HIGHLY recommend you go visit her. Peace & Love.

Pros: Organic, Friendly, Nice atmosphere

Natural Detox Pat 20 Jun 2013 - Our place is a 100% vegan unless something slips by me. I spend hundreds of hours researching ingredients and I remove the non-vegan ones immediately. We do use honey in smoothies upon request. We do not cook with it.

We are not 100% organic even though it was the plan. We are working on it. All food and drink preparation is performed with Life Ionizer alkaline water which is much better than topical cleansers.

Prepared by loving hands and I am not a vegan - Edit

Number one reason I love to eat here is not because they have the most amazing smoothies and great food but because my food is prepared by loving hands. The owners truly care about what goes in my body and support local farmers and home grown food. A great place to just drop in sit relax and have some food or a smoothie.

Pros: great food, amazing smoothies, relax and enjoy

I LOVE THIS PLACE - Edit

I love to eat at Natural Detox Nutrition Shoppe! The food is sooo delicious. Everything is all vegan! I love the kale salads, pasta salads and smoothies. My favorite is the brown sugar brownies...I eat these when I have a sweet tooth! I love the atmosphere, it is so calming and relaxing. You can eat, meet new people and leave feeling satisfied. The herbal supplements are also great! The Moringa and Health Assist for women has really boosted my immune system and given me more energy.

Pros: Kale salads, pasta salads, salsa, Heart of palm soup, split pea soup, Brown sugar brownies, fruit crisps

Cons: Closed on Mondays and Sundays, Should be 24hrs, 7 days a week

BEST FOOD IN TAMPA - Edit

Vegan-TakeOut is located inside Natural Detox Nutrition Shoppe. It is a very quaint place that serves all vegan food and drinks. Honey is available upon request.

I have eaten there several times and I really enjoy the chili, huge man-size salads, olive leaf tea, all fruit smoothies, brown sugar brownies and fruit crisps.

The food is fresh and carefully prepared. You can't beat the price, either. Natural Detox Pat runs all kinds of specials.

The establishment is clean and quiet.

I have also taken advantage of the alkaline water and alkaline water foot detoxes. This is the best place to go for healthy solutions.

I just returned home from roaming Europe and I made a fast trek to Vegan-TakeOut to see Natural Detox Pat and Tom.

I invite you to try this place out when you are in the area of Busch Gardens. They are located across the street from Mel's Hotdogs. Delivery and carryout are available. You can eat there but seating is limited.

Pros: Olive Leaf Tea, Friendly-Mom & Pop Store, Clean, Easy Feeling Placer

Cons: Limited Parking

LOVE ITTT - Edit

Vegan Take Out has amazing vegan food. Yesterday was my first time trying it, I had the chili dog and a smoothie! It was fabulous not to mention the mouth watering cheese cake ice cream. To die for! The staff is super friendly and I plan on making many more visits. Very mellow comfortable setting :)

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly Staff, Homely Setting

Best Place to Get Food - Edit

Vegan Take Out has the BEST smoothies ever. Even better than Smoothie King or one of those big name smoothie restaurants. I try to frequent Vegan Take Out as much as possible and everything has extremely reasonable prices. Favorite place ever.

Pros: Best Smoothies, Best Chili, Staff

KaitJohnson 05 Jun 2013 - Shoutout Photo

LOVE THIS PLACE AND I'M NOT VEGAN - Edit

I have tried Natural Detox Nutrition Shoppe's food before and loved it. Natural Detox Pat has decided to name the deli Vegan-TakeOut.

Today, I stopped by to say hi and Pat asked me if I wanted to try the hotdogs or Italian Sausages steamed in beer. Pat calls her food, vegan comfort food. And boy, is it ever!

Well, I had sauerkraut and mustard on my dogs. I thought I was eating the real deal. NOT!

Pat's place is like walking into auntie's house and she treats you like your mother. It's totally different than other eating and health establishments. I feel totally at home here.

It is very clean and laid back. No blaring televisions or music. People can have conversations or eat quietly unless you want to have a conversation with Pat.

Pat is a Life Ionizer Water Machine Dealer and sells alkaline water by the gallon. She also cooks with alkaline water. I don't think there is another restaurant in town that cooks with alkaline water.

Natural Detox also performs alkaline water foot baths, carries Herbs of Light Supplements, has a small grocery section and has someone come in to perform the Professional Zyto Compass scans. It really is an eclectic place!

I invite you to check this place out when you are near Busch Gardens. It is located across the street from Mel's Hot Dogs.

Even though I'm not vegan, I know I can eat a couple of these meals a week and cut back on the fat and some of the other bad stuff in regular food.

Pros: Clean and very friendly place, Great vegan food, Great prices

Big Dome Epic SHOUTOUT - Edit

THIS IS THE BEST PLACE FOR VEGAN FOOD AND I'M NOT EVEN A VEGETARIAN! I've had the chicken, the chile, the hamburgers, the home made smoothies, the homemade rice & beans, cheese cake ice cream and the Valida Onions...mmmmmmmmmmmm the best! Come and check out Vegan Take Out inside of Nature Detox Nutrition Shoppe, its clean and has home away from home experience:)

Return to Tampa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Natural Detox Nutrition Shoppe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.