Natural and Raw Food Lohas

• Veg-friendly
Contact 011-222-5569

1F, Minami 2 Nishi 7 6-1, Sapporo, Japan,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Lohas changed its name to Halet Jan 2016. Serves raw and vegetarian food. Note that inclusion of meat is not noted on the menu, you have to ask.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Macrobiotic, Western, Non-veg

First Review by Papytofu

This listing has a lot of incorrect information - Edit

This restaurant is not called Halet. There is no indication it is or ever was called Halet.

This is not a vegetarian restaurant, but it is fairly raw, as in, most of the things on the menu are raw.

Most of the menu is vegan. However, the soba noodle sets ARE NOT VEGETARIAN. Just as all over Japan, the soba tsuyu (dipping sauce) is made with katsuo dashi (bonito or skipjack soup base). Also, the soba noodle set soup has chicken in it.

The menu is not really misleading, because this restaurant does not claim to be a vegan or a vegetarian restaurant.

Also, I did not see root beer on the menu.

Pros: Has some nice vegetarian/vegan/raw options, Centrally located, Pretty and friendly

Cons: Is not a vegetarian restaurant (but does not claim

My favorite in Sapporo! - Edit

I went here for lunch every day here after discovering this centrally located gem, and ended up eating the same thing (detox plate) again and again. Never tired of it.

The detox plate consisted of a bowl each of brown rice (with fermented something on top), green salad, and miso soup. In addition you got three pieces of raw sushi, a small green smoothie, little bowls of nuts and dried fruit, and a piece of their raw marble cake.

High-quality, delicious (the cake was divine), and at around 12 dollars very reasonably priced. I agree with one of the previous reviewers that the smoothie was a bit too banana-focused, but it's not like there are tons of places in Sapporo where one can get smoothies, so it worked for me.

I spent 7 lunches here, and never saw anything that resembled meat... and the menu didn't look like there were any meat options (what I translated with google anyhow).

The staff don't speak much English, but were extremely helpful, friendly and welcoming, and apologized profusely when they ran out of sushi one day and I had to wait 15 minutes while they prepared more.

I will come back whenever I can!

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: no English (not a problem though)

They have root beer! - Edit

Went there presuming they were all vegan and just ordered a soba set. The dipping sauce tasted a bit fishy but of course that could have been from seaweed as well, I don't know. Tasted okay, but I have to admit I'm not a big fan of cold soba anyway. It's a nice place 'though and right in Tanuki Koji so very convenient. Best thing: They have root beer and it's to too ridiculously priced :D

Pros: Root Beer!

Cons: pretends to be veg*n but isn't , (as mentioned before...)

Really Good - Edit

I think it was pretty obvious that this isn't a vegetarian restaurant!
It was a bit hard to communicate with the waitress because she didn't speak English and I don't speak Japanese. However, I just said 'vegetarian' and she pointed at the options in the menu that I could eat. It was really helpful that the menu has pictures, too.
My food was extremely delicious and fresh, and it even had a tiny dessert to go with it, which I loved. The lady who waited on me was extremely kind, and the restaurant itself is really nice and calm. I'll definitely return to try the other vegetarian options.

Pros: Fresh food, Kind staff, Lovely place

Cons: Limited options, No English

They fed us chicken - Edit

First let's set things straight. This place most definitely is NOT vegan, nor vegetarian for that matter. Being a LOHAS raw food restaurant we casually assumed it would be (and Happycow says it is), so we ordered a soba noodle set (it was -9 degrees outside) and some sushi.

The sushi was ok although the 'rice' was made of nuts and honestly, I can't imagine how they think that is healthier than rice, enzymes regardless. The nuts by the way are from China and are not organic. They sell them by the bag near the doorway.

For drinks we had the green smoothie which consisted of a whole lot of banana (in mid winter) and a few greens for colour.

The main problem was when the noodles came. Shortly after we launched in we started to feel something was not right. Indeed. The main ingredient was chicken - you can imagine our surprise! When we sent it back to be replaced we were charged for the mistake which apparently was our fault. No mention anywhere in the restaurant is vegan I guess so in a way they were right, although who on earth makes a raw food restaurant that sells cooked meals and meat!? They clearly aren't sure what they want to be.

The replacement noodles tasted ok but nothing special. There was nothing else on the menu that really looked to be a seriously nutritional and substantial meal idea. Couldn't think of any reason to come back really.

Cons: not vegetarian - serves meat, not all raw either - what are they then?, ingredients from china

Great Raw Restaurant - Edit

This place is amazing! The food was fresh, delicious and so healthy, and with the range of foods it was also very satisfying. The food was beautifully presented, and the interior very pleasant. It was no surprise that it was almost full when I visited. It clearly appeals to a rather particular demographic, as I was the only male (of I guess at least a dozen customers) and in my mid-thirties, probably one of the youngest! But it should appeal to anyone who likes fresh, healthy, delicious food. At about 1600 Yen the plate was also a very good deal. The entrance is in the arcade, at the very end, so it's one block south of where the HappyCow App says it is. With this it shouldn't be difficult to find, and is definitely worth it. This restaurant would do well in Tokyo, London or New York, and it's a pleasant surprise to find it in a city that on my last visit had only one vegan restaurant listed in Happycow.

Pros: raw, organic, delicious and very healthy, centrally located, reasonable prices

Great food and central location for vegans - Edit

Lohas is a cozy cafe offering traditional japanese food and raw food. They also have desserts and drinks.
The food is vegan and organic. You can get a mixed plate with different foods for around 800yen. The light and interiour is very cozy, I loved sitting there. Will go back.
As a vegan I am happy to have Lohas near Susukino.

Pros: Good food, Location, Friendly staff

Cons: Opening hours., Closed in the weekends

The one and only Raw food store in Sapporo - Edit

Really pleasant place to be, Lohas offers raw food for people in Sapporo. Conveniently located at the end of Tanuki Street, Lohas is one of the rare restaurant showing its vegan color on the outside. It's only opened for lunch though, as it closes at 16h00. The food is really good and filling. Staff doesn't speaks english but will provide you with a menu with detailed pictures. Raw nuts sushi, soba noodles, salads, the menu is not really full of options but those that are there are really tasty! please dig in!

Pros: Raw food in Sapporo, Delicious, Pleasant atmosphere

Cons: Opening hours, Not a lot of options.

Return to Sapporo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Natural and Raw Food Lohas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1991 times since Sep 2013.