First Review by aveganjourney

My Favorite Grocery Store! - Edit

This has to be my one all time favorite grocery store. They have everything a vegan would need. Everything is super easy to find. All the produce is fresh, non-gmo,and organic. They also have a huge beauty and pharmacy section. So you can get your food and beauty needs in one!
The only thing I don't like is that it can be a little expensive. But most vegan products are, so I expect that when going in.
The store associates are always friendly and are there when I need assistance.

Pros: Easy to find products , Plenty of vegan products , quiet place to shop

Cons: Expensive

My Only Grocery Store - Edit

I have been shopping at Native Sun since I moved to JAX some months ago, and I don't go anywhere else for groceries. Very friendly staff in a clean and pleasant store with great variety. They have a hot and cold food bar with vegan selections clearly marked, and all the salads and meals that I have had there have been excellent!

Pros: clean and bright, good selection, friendly helpful staff

Nice But So Expensive - Edit

While the store itself is nice, the prices are beyond ridiculous, especially when one considers it's even higher than Whole Foods. On top of that they didn't have a lot of commonly found health store ingredients like superfood powders, (they didn't even know what they were), no coconuts, the produce section was on the skimpy side, no fresh citrus, all in all a disappointment and certainly not worth all the extra money you pay here.

Pros: Cleanliness, Staff was nice

Cons: Prices, Produce selection

Large Store - Edit

Have been going here since the first day they opened. Was affordable but has gotten very expensive like most health food stores are. Have a very large selection of almost anything you can think of. They also have bulk items and you can order if they don't have it. Gotten to expensive for me but if you have lots of money you will like it there.

Pros: Great selection

Cons: Very very expensive

Pleased with Native Sun - Edit

We were visiting family in the Jacksonville area in 2005 and were told about the Native Sun. I was pleased with being able to get fresh juice and with the size and selection there. We live in Michigan and are not privy in our city to a health food store that sells fresh juices, has a deli of good foods etc, at least not yet. I am looking forward to shopping at the new store soon during our next visit, and have talked to our local health food store owner more than once about the Native Sun!

Pros: Healthier Food, Fresh Juice, Bulk Healthier Snacks

A Most for every Vegan - Edit

First of all it is open 8-8 mon-sat. This is the only store that has vegan products on every isle unlike the Fresh Market. Native Sun also sells meat, fish and organic produce. Bring a cooler cause the frozen selection is awesome. I'm in heaven in their deli section. Don't be shy and ask for samples. Also ask if it is the item is made with honey because I just found out they use it. They have a few tables just past the registers and outside if you want to sit down to eat. The store's staff has always been helpful. Vegan, organic and specialty products cost more but I'm worth it.

Return to Jacksonville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Native Sun Natural Foods Market - Mandarin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2502 times since Aug 2007.