CLOSED: Native Foods - West Loop

Contact 312-382-8600

14 S Clinton St, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60661

Quick service vegan restaurant chain originating from Southern California. Offers an original menu of fusion bowls, burgers and wraps, salads, desserts, chai with soymilk, organic coffee, and more. This outlet opened in Jun 2014, reported closed to HappyCow in Aug 2015.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering, Fusion

First Review by ericarules

closed - Edit

Stopped there on 8/14/2015 for lunch and found them closed. Evidently this is permanent. Went to the one on Clark St and asked what happened. They indicated that the Clinton location closed about 2 weeks ago without notice. Sad. Good that Clark St is open and very busy.

Pros: Had a nice vegan selection and was close to trains

Cons: Closed

Vegan Fast Food, For Better or Worse - Edit

I had been to Native Foods once before, but this was the first time to this location. The location is convenient, the dining room is pleasant, the staff are efficient, but...this visit left me with the same disappointment I felt the first time I went to a Native Foods. The problem is the menu. I've been a vegetarian in the Midwest for over twenty years, and usually when I go to a veg restaurant, I'm overwhelmed by having options! At Native Foods, I feel like I'm in a regular restaurant. Almost all the dishes are designed around flavors I associate with meat--BBQ, bacon, ranch, cheeseburger, etc. (I wouldn't normally call cheeseburger a flavor, but if you put it in a burrito...) If you crave these flavors, this may be a great place for you. But if you're wanting dishes that were developed to showcase vegetables, you may actually be better off choosing the veg option at one of the many other restaurants within a few blocks.

Pros: Fast service, Pleasant dining area, Convenient location

Cons: Disappointing menu

Express Location with Limited Options - Edit

I was so excited when this Native Foods location opened up down the block from my office. However, the menu is extremely limited and seems to always be changing… I just stopped going there because often my favorites are no longer on the menu.

Pros: Friendly staff, No lines (because there is minimal foot traffic at, 100% vegan

Cons: Very limited menu, Menu always seems to be changing, Too expensive (better options at Hannah's Bretzel

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Native Foods - West Loop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1898 times since Jun 2014.