Native Foods

Contact 503-968-9999

7237 SW Bridgeport Rd (at Bridgeport Village), Tigard, Oregon, USA, 97224

Opened Nov 2011, this is a branch of Native Foods originating from Southern California. Offers an all-vegan menu of salads, veggie burgers, rice and noodle bowls, desserts, chai with soymilk, organic coffee. In-house tempeh and seitan (wheat meat).

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by acornpantry

amazing! - Edit

My new favourite vegan cafe of all time! The Korean BBQ sub was insane, and the kale slaw as a side was great too. I expect to be back very soon to try more of the menu.

Oh, and the chocolate cupcakes are great! As was the service.

Pros: chocolate cupcakes

Native Foods Rocks! - Edit

I had the Soul Bowl at the Bridgeport Mall location, & it Rocked! I went back 2 days later for the faux chicken wings, fried, same as in the Soul Bowl & yup, I'm hooked! Delicious~

Pros: yummy vegan food, tasty side ingredients & salad w

Cons: faux cheese on my hubby's faux burger was sub par-

my perfect restaurant - Edit

What a blessing this restaurant is on my life. To live in the suburbs and have a mainstream, 100% vegan, affordable, comfortable place with a bevy of delicious food! Every time I come here and see children eating vegan it puts a smile on my face. I always seem to try something new! The nachos are to die for, the burger, the bowls, the salads, the seasoned sweet potato fries! I could eat here every day. ...it always amuses me when then servers ask "hi, have you ever been here before?"...are you kidding. I'd take out stock in the company.

Awesome! - Edit

Food: 10! This was my first NF experience, and it lived up to the hype in my mind. I was blown away, as was my boyfriend who actually wondered aloud if the mock chicken was real.

Prices: 8. Decent given how much food you get and the great quality of it.

Atmosphere: 10. Cute and fun.

Staff: 10. Super friendly and helpful.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 02, 2014

Pros: Vegan, Yummy, Great Selection

Best Food and Best Customer Service - Edit

Oh my god this restaurant is soooo good. The best food combined with the best front end service as well as the best management. Everyone seemed happy and they were making sure everyone was pleased in every way, but not in a weird intrusive way (very hard to pull off). I can't say enough about this restaurant. I hope they open in Portland, ME!

Best vegan food EVER! - Edit

The food is amazing, so full of flavor and just incredibly delicious! The the staff all had great smiles & were super helpful (it was my first visit) but we had our glasses filled without even asking, which was nice. I can't rave about this place enough...hands down the best vegan food I have ever eaten!! Highly recommend :)

Pros: All 100% plant based foods, Reasonably priced, Great food

Amazing! - Edit

At first, I did what I do at most restaurants - started searching the menu for a vegan section. When the friendly man behind the counter told me that the entire menu was plant-based, I told him I was going to have to sit down and take a moment! The hubs had the bankok curry bowl and I had the baja tacos - both amazing, but we started with the saigon roll, which immediately put this restaurant on my go-to list!! All of the food we tried was amazing, but what really put it over the top was the incredibly friendly service we recieved! Our drinks were refilled whenever they were half empty, my husband got an extra side of curry sauce without even asking, and I got a side of their fantastic spicy salsa for my tacos! My only wish is that there was a location closer to us!

Pros: all plant-based, huge selection, so friendly

Cons: not cheap, not closer to my house

Our go-to vegan restaurant - Edit

As new vegans, we were so excited and relieved to find Native Foods. We love the food, the service is consistently friendly and efficient. My fave so far is the Rueben (can't believe it's not pastrami) and the nachos are comfort food extraordinaire.

The prices are reasonable, not cheap. Love the fact that Native supports various charities and has had cooking demos (wish they had them more often).

I can always count on the service being quick so we can grab a quick bite before a movie.

My only complaint is that they offer no nutritional info. I have spoken to management, and they told me they expected to have it out by the end of this year. We shall see. I can understand that they probably fear they will lose customers when we all confirm that vegan doesn't necessarily mean low cal!

Pros: Quality is consistent, Great service, very quick, Nice bright casual atmosphere

Cons: No nutrition info, no sugar-free drinks

Love It!!! - Edit

I'm a Native Foods fan from my days in Los Angeles. I love Tanya's food. We are staying here in Portland for a few days and we've already been here twice.
Ambiance is great. Love the outdoor seating at night. The heaters work great. I really wish I could have a Native Foods in Northern California.
Chili Cheese Fries are not on the menu, but you can still get them if you ask for them. Love the Lavender Lemonade and the Scorpion Burger. So delicious.

Out-of-this-world food - Edit

Stopped by Native Foods for the first time when I was in Portland with my husband, and I am very much looking forward to my return visit! The food was amazing, service was great... and the manager even struck up a conversation with us as we have the same alma mater (Go UNLV!)

Pros: Delicious food, Really nice atmosphere, Friendly staff

Cons: No Las Vegas location

Order the Oklahoma bacon cheesburger! - Edit

It's delish! It's full of flavor and the vegan cheese is gooey and melty :) Also incredibly filling, so if you want to try the pumpkin cheescake, cut it in half & get a doggy bag. I went back the next day and tried the twister wrap with sweet potato fries... I should've stuck to the bacon cheesebuger. The grilled seitan chicken had a strange & off-putting flavor to it & the sweet potato fries came with a bluish-green seasoning salt that looked so much like mold that it was extremely unappetizing. The chai tea, however, was great both times and I was pleasantly suprised to discover came with free refills. Great family friendly place, staff is amiable, and the bacon cheeseburger was simply amazing. I'll be back :)

Pros: Oklahoma bacon cheeseburger, pumpkin cheesecake, free refill on the chai :)

Cons: seasoning on the sweet potato fries, not impressed by the twister wrap

Yum - Edit

My husband and I try to go to Native Foods once every month or two and have liked almost everything we've tried. I think my favorite thing is the Oklahoma Bacon Cheeseburger, but some of their "Specials" have been out of this world good (like the fried portobello sandwich). I have tried at least 10 different things there and they were ALL really good, except I did not like the nachos. Some people do though, so to each his own. This is the best restaurant chain ever. I absolutely LOVE the tofu bacon by the way, I don't know how they do it, but it is So Amazing.... why are they not selling it in stores?? I really need the recipe...

Pros: Oklahoma Bacon Cheeseburger, Everything else on the menu, Fun, friendly, upbeat place

Cons: located in a yuppie strip mall, the nachos, too far from my house

Amazing choices - Edit

A great treat: an all-vegan menu with lots of options, not all healthy but so tasty! We went twice in 2 days: had the Super Italian sub and the Oklahoma "cheese" burger the first time. It was delicious and decadent. Lots of flavours and sauces and the bread was super fresh. The portions are huge, a plus if you're hungry, a minus if you can't take a doggy bag with you when you're on holiday.
The second time, we had the Saigon roll as a starter (it could easily have passed for a main course) and the Yo Amigo Taco Salad. Both delicious.
Also tried the strawberry shortcake parfait and the peanut butter parfait. Both excellent but the strawberry one was better because less sweet.
I highly recommend Native Foods in Tigard, it deserves a 5 for great comfort food and friendly staff.

Pros: All vegan & tons of choice, Friendly service, Big portions

Cons: Big portions....

Always Excellent!!! - Edit

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Native Foods. My first experience was at the original Native Foods in Palm Springs in 2009. I went every chance I got. I have been very happy to see that since then they have expanded quite a bit. I was ridiculously excited to go to the one in Portland when it opened. It is my favorite restaurant, period. There is also a Native Foods Cookbook that you must buy! It is my most used cookbook, all the food is amazing.

Another Gotta Try - Edit

Have been meaning to review this place for some time. Have been a semi-regular and have not been disappointed.

Located at a nice outside walkable mall with other very nice shops to brouse. Atmosphere there is very open, but seating can be a bit crowded. They offer propane heated outside seating behind hanging plastic barriers. Offers good wind break and better view of mall area.

The food is very good and gets changed up occasionally throughout the year, so you don't get into a rut (is healthy a rut?).

Food - VERY Good, that's why we keep coming back. Nice to have several vegan/vegetarian restaurants in area, but this is particularly good! Price is inlign with other vegetarian/vegan restaurants. Comes with the healthy territory. Everything on the menu is very good. They have a "burger" that has "bacon" on it. Very good. A friend of mine that goes there loves it somuch that he orders a side of "bacon" no matter what else he orders. Too funny!

I do have to say though that so far I haven't found a favorite dessert there. Guess I'll have to keep trying - darn.

Staff is very friendly and welcoming. Never seem to be tired, or tired of serving people. Always have you leaving as if you are leaving a friends home.

Yes they have doggy bags available! But most likely they will never get a chance to sample it.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday February 14, 2012

Parking is best in the garage, then exit street side from the center of the garage into the "heart" of the walking mall. No parking next to the business

Pros: Awesome food, Service, Changing menu

Cons: $$$

Welcome Native Foods! - Edit

Found my way to Bridgeport Village today to try the new vegan restaurant "Native Foods" which opened this month. They are a chain with restaurants in California and Chicago. The food is wonderful! The tempeh burger called to me with a side of fries. My sister had the wrap with grilled "faux" chicken. Portions are generous, presentation is lovely and the food is delicious with lots of fresh greens and vegetables on both plates. The menu is big, inventive with great choices from salads and bowls to sandwiches and wraps. I love that everything is vegan. Native Foods offers fake meat choices in the form of Seitan or Tempeh. I'm not a fan of calling something "chicken": I eat plant based because I like my veggies and beans and rice. They serve beer and wine and also have a Lavender Lemonade that I may try next visit. Go for the food because it's great. The service, however, is in your face attentive and really distracted from our first visit. Instead of table service, one orders at the counter in the very small entry. As soon as the door opens behind you, the pressure is on because it gets crowded real quick. Read the menu online before you go so you'll be able to order in a timely way. Also, they have a bussing crew that is invasive and hovering. Only five minutes into our meal, the help asked if we wanted "to go" boxes. To refill our water, our glasses were taken from the table and refilled from a central dispensary. Couldn't they have some pitchers and unobtrusively refill on their rounds? Also, the server waited, with her hand held out, to take my glass from me as I finished the last of my water. We left sooner than we would have liked and didn't get to chat because we were interrupted so often. The conversation is why I find time to have lunch with my sister! We felt ushered to the door even though many tables were open. This was just enthusiasm I guess. I will definitely return.

Pros: varied menu, fresh ingredients, all vegan!

Cons: invasive service, faux meat

Return to Tigard Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Native Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4508 times since Nov 2011.