Native Foods - Tigard

503-968-9999

7237 SW Bridgeport Rd (at Bridgeport Village), Tigard, Oregon, USA, 97224

Small chain of vegan restaurants originating from Southern California. Offers a menu of sandwiches, veggie burgers, bowls, salads, and others. Order at the counter and food is brought to your table. This one est. 2011. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by acornpantry

One of my go to spots - Edit

Native foods has always satisfied me. It can be as healthy or as naughty as you want. The flavor profiles are fantastic. Glad to see they are in Oregon. Hope more open up everywhere.

amazing! - Edit

My new favourite vegan cafe of all time! The Korean BBQ sub was insane, and the kale slaw as a side was great too. I expect to be back very soon to try more of the menu.

Oh, and the chocolate cupcakes are great! As was the service.

Pros: chocolate cupcakes

Native Foods Rocks! - Edit

I had the Soul Bowl at the Bridgeport Mall location, & it Rocked! I went back 2 days later for the faux chicken wings, fried, same as in the Soul Bowl & yup, I'm hooked! Delicious~

Pros: yummy vegan food, tasty side ingredients & salad w

Cons: faux cheese on my hubby's faux burger was sub par-

Fresh - Edit

Food is always fresh and tasty. Not as good IMO as Veggie Grill (menu choices) but still very good. My favorite is the Cobb Salad, huge and filling!

Pros: Fresh

Cons: Awful Location- parking stinks!

yum - Edit

So excited to finally get to try Native Foods! It did not disappoint!!!

Pros: completely vegan

my perfect restaurant - Edit

What a blessing this restaurant is on my life. To live in the suburbs and have a mainstream, 100% vegan, affordable, comfortable place with a bevy of delicious food! Every time I come here and see children eating vegan it puts a smile on my face. I always seem to try something new! The nachos are to die for, the burger, the bowls, the salads, the seasoned sweet potato fries! I could eat here every day. ...it always amuses me when then servers ask "hi, have you ever been here before?"...are you kidding. I'd take out stock in the company.

Awesome! - Edit

Food: 10! This was my first NF experience, and it lived up to the hype in my mind. I was blown away, as was my boyfriend who actually wondered aloud if the mock chicken was real.

Prices: 8. Decent given how much food you get and the great quality of it.

Atmosphere: 10. Cute and fun.

Staff: 10. Super friendly and helpful.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 02, 2014

Pros: Vegan, Yummy, Great Selection

Best Food and Best Customer Service - Edit

Oh my god this restaurant is soooo good. The best food combined with the best front end service as well as the best management. Everyone seemed happy and they were making sure everyone was pleased in every way, but not in a weird intrusive way (very hard to pull off). I can't say enough about this restaurant. I hope they open in Portland, ME!

Best vegan food EVER! - Edit

The food is amazing, so full of flavor and just incredibly delicious! The the staff all had great smiles & were super helpful (it was my first visit) but we had our glasses filled without even asking, which was nice. I can't rave about this place enough...hands down the best vegan food I have ever eaten!! Highly recommend :)

Pros: All 100% plant based foods, Reasonably priced, Great food

Amazing! - Edit

At first, I did what I do at most restaurants - started searching the menu for a vegan section. When the friendly man behind the counter told me that the entire menu was plant-based, I told him I was going to have to sit down and take a moment! The hubs had the bankok curry bowl and I had the baja tacos - both amazing, but we started with the saigon roll, which immediately put this restaurant on my go-to list!! All of the food we tried was amazing, but what really put it over the top was the incredibly friendly service we recieved! Our drinks were refilled whenever they were half empty, my husband got an extra side of curry sauce without even asking, and I got a side of their fantastic spicy salsa for my tacos! My only wish is that there was a location closer to us!

Pros: all plant-based, huge selection, so friendly

Cons: not cheap, not closer to my house

J3551684 06 Jun 2016 - I did the same thing! I was searching for a vegan option among all the burgers, bacon, cheese, etc. And when I finally realized it was all plant based I had to get the paper menu and sit down!

Contributions +25

Our go-to vegan restaurant - Edit

As new vegans, we were so excited and relieved to find Native Foods. We love the food, the service is consistently friendly and efficient. My fave so far is the Rueben (can't believe it's not pastrami) and the nachos are comfort food extraordinaire.

The prices are reasonable, not cheap. Love the fact that Native supports various charities and has had cooking demos (wish they had them more often).

I can always count on the service being quick so we can grab a quick bite before a movie.

My only complaint is that they offer no nutritional info. I have spoken to management, and they told me they expected to have it out by the end of this year. We shall see. I can understand that they probably fear they will lose customers when we all confirm that vegan doesn't necessarily mean low cal!

Pros: Quality is consistent, Great service, very quick, Nice bright casual atmosphere

Cons: No nutrition info, no sugar-free drinks

Love It!!! - Edit

I'm a Native Foods fan from my days in Los Angeles. I love Tanya's food. We are staying here in Portland for a few days and we've already been here twice.
Ambiance is great. Love the outdoor seating at night. The heaters work great. I really wish I could have a Native Foods in Northern California.
Chili Cheese Fries are not on the menu, but you can still get them if you ask for them. Love the Lavender Lemonade and the Scorpion Burger. So delicious.

Out-of-this-world food - Edit

Stopped by Native Foods for the first time when I was in Portland with my husband, and I am very much looking forward to my return visit! The food was amazing, service was great... and the manager even struck up a conversation with us as we have the same alma mater (Go UNLV!)

Pros: Delicious food, Really nice atmosphere, Friendly staff

Cons: No Las Vegas location

Yum! - Edit

Have not had anything I didn't enjoy! In a mission to try everything on the menu!

Order the Oklahoma bacon cheesburger! - Edit

It's delish! It's full of flavor and the vegan cheese is gooey and melty :) Also incredibly filling, so if you want to try the pumpkin cheescake, cut it in half & get a doggy bag. I went back the next day and tried the twister wrap with sweet potato fries... I should've stuck to the bacon cheesebuger. The grilled seitan chicken had a strange & off-putting flavor to it & the sweet potato fries came with a bluish-green seasoning salt that looked so much like mold that it was extremely unappetizing. The chai tea, however, was great both times and I was pleasantly suprised to discover came with free refills. Great family friendly place, staff is amiable, and the bacon cheeseburger was simply amazing. I'll be back :)

Pros: Oklahoma bacon cheeseburger, pumpkin cheesecake, free refill on the chai :)

Cons: seasoning on the sweet potato fries, not impressed by the twister wrap

Yum - Edit

My husband and I try to go to Native Foods once every month or two and have liked almost everything we've tried. I think my favorite thing is the Oklahoma Bacon Cheeseburger, but some of their "Specials" have been out of this world good (like the fried portobello sandwich). I have tried at least 10 different things there and they were ALL really good, except I did not like the nachos. Some people do though, so to each his own. This is the best restaurant chain ever. I absolutely LOVE the tofu bacon by the way, I don't know how they do it, but it is So Amazing.... why are they not selling it in stores?? I really need the recipe...

Pros: Oklahoma Bacon Cheeseburger, Everything else on the menu, Fun, friendly, upbeat place

Cons: located in a yuppie strip mall, the nachos, too far from my house

Amazing choices - Edit

A great treat: an all-vegan menu with lots of options, not all healthy but so tasty! We went twice in 2 days: had the Super Italian sub and the Oklahoma "cheese" burger the first time. It was delicious and decadent. Lots of flavours and sauces and the bread was super fresh. The portions are huge, a plus if you're hungry, a minus if you can't take a doggy bag with you when you're on holiday.
The second time, we had the Saigon roll as a starter (it could easily have passed for a main course) and the Yo Amigo Taco Salad. Both delicious.
Also tried the strawberry shortcake parfait and the peanut butter parfait. Both excellent but the strawberry one was better because less sweet.
I highly recommend Native Foods in Tigard, it deserves a 5 for great comfort food and friendly staff.

Pros: All vegan & tons of choice, Friendly service, Big portions

Cons: Big portions....

Always Excellent!!! - Edit

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Native Foods. My first experience was at the original Native Foods in Palm Springs in 2009. I went every chance I got. I have been very happy to see that since then they have expanded quite a bit. I was ridiculously excited to go to the one in Portland when it opened. It is my favorite restaurant, period. There is also a Native Foods Cookbook that you must buy! It is my most used cookbook, all the food is amazing.

Return to Tigard Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Native Foods - Tigard closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.