CLOSED: Native Foods - University Park

Contact 303-756-6040

2023 S Colorado Blvd Unit C, Denver, Colorado, USA, 80210

Quick service vegan restaurant chain originating from Southern California; this one opened May 2014. Offers a menu of salads, veggie burgers, rice and noodle bowls, vegan desserts, chai with soymilk, organic coffee, and more. Order at the counter. Confirmed closed, Jan 2016. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by VeganDad

One of our favorite places in Denver! - Edit

We've eaten at the original Native Foods in California, and we're happy to have them in Denver and Boulder now. The food at this Denver location was very well prepared on all three of our visits.

With a diverse and inventive menu of healthful items using some organic ingredients, very warm and attentive staff, a relaxed and spacious environment, and reasonable prices considering the quality of the food, we find Native Foods to be one of the most recommendable restaurants in Denver.

A few specifics:
• Twister wrap is tasty and filling.
• Butternut pesto polenta bites are a great appetizer or light meal.
• Sweet potato fries and regular "seasoned fries" are surprisingly scrumptious, with perfect texture.
• The desserts are divine.

Service was friendly and helpful. Even though it's a counter-service establishment, they do look after their guests quite well.

They also have a frequent diner card that gives you free stuff after a certain amount of purchases.

There's ample free parking in the lot.

The only thing that would make it better is even more organic and local ingredients.

We'll be back!

Enjoy :-)

Pros: Diverse menu of tasty food, warm and helpful service, all vegan

Used to be so good! - Edit

We have been eating at Native Foods ever since it came to Colorado, even traveling to Boulder to get some great tasting vegan food. Unfortunately, things seem to be going downhill.

We went on a Thursday which is supposed to be Kids Eat Free days. I had 4 kids with me - 1 got an adult meal, 2 were supposed to get a free meal and then I pay for the last kid meal. They forgot and I was charged full price. When I went back to the cashier to find out why I didn't get my free meals she blamed it on me and said I was supposed to hand over my rewards card first to get the free meals. They always ask for it at the end.

We were happy to see that sides are now included with Entrees and kid meals except now the kid meals have zero vegetables. They all ordered the mac and cheese. It used to come with some broccoli and a piece of watermelon on the side plus a side if we ordered one. Now, we get the side but no broccoli or watermelon.

My favorite meal is the Twisted Twister wrap. I don't know what happened but there was no spicy flavor and no crispy tofu inside. It was very bland. Again, we appreciated that the meal now comes with a side dish - the steamed kale was good.

We also had dessert but we won't be doing that again. The cupcakes were rock hard and had no flavor. The frosting was solid and had a funky taste too it. We used to love the desserts at Natives.

Our once favorite restaurant has fallen to last place after this visit. Very disappointing since there are so few vegan restaurant choices

Pros: Easy to get too, Outdoor seating

Cons: Pricey, Not consistent

pretty good - Edit

Wide variety of vegan options. None of which are wonderful though. My recommendation is the baja blackened tacos, tempeh, steamed kale, and lavender lemonade. However all of the desserts were really good. Cool rewards program. Nice staff.

Pros: lots of parking , yum, rewards program

Cons: sometimes inconsistent food , nothing is great

Good Vegan Restaurant - Edit

Casual dining atmosphere and noisy at times. Wide variety and sizes of vegan meals at reasonable prices. Good flavour to all dishes and adequate serving sizes. Quick meal service, no mistakes. We went with non-vegan friends and would all go back.

Pros: Variety, Tasty, All Vegan

Cons: Limitted Seating

Contributions +394

Good as Always! - Edit

This location is pretty much the same as the other location but seems to be a little less busy. Try the Crispy Avocado Chicken Sandwich, it was so good!

Pros: Tasty and affordable food

AweSOME!!! - Edit

I have been to Native Foods several times and am glad to have one so close to my home now. The food is great, you can get "healthy" or "pig-out" vegan fare. I have gone with vegans and non-vegans and all have enjoyed the food.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 28, 2014

Pros: Location, Selection, it's all vegan!, Specials often added

Cons: Be sure you like the spices used

Return to Denver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Native Foods - University Park closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.