Native Foods - Lakeview

Contact 773-549-4904

1023 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60657

Small chain of vegan restaurants originating from Southern California. Offers a menu of sandwiches, veggie burgers, bowls, salads, and others. Order at the counter and food is brought to your table. This one est. 2011. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering, Fusion

First Review by SynthVegan

Could've been better - Edit

We had the Reuben (seitan), the Scorpion Burger (tempeh), and coffee. The ingredients were fresh and good, but we were disappointed in the flavors. The Scorpion burger was bland. The Reuben was good. The coffee was acidic and tepid.

Pros: Lots of options. Possibly low sodium recipes??

Cons: Lacking in flavor.. all items served tepid.

Great Vegan Food not far from the Cubs - Edit

After a game last season I was looking for a nice place to have dinner afterwards. Native Foods seemed like a good choice and it was. This fast-casual restaurant has high quality consistently delicious meals that are deeply satisfying. I go to Native Foods whenever I'm in town!!!

Pros: Delicious Food, Good Prices

Cons: Native Foods aren't in every town

excellent - Edit

We went here the first night we were in town.
Even though it has the look of a fast food restaurant, the food is so much better than anything you would expect from a fast food joint. Really helpful and friendly staff too! They took the time to answer any questions and made sure we were enjoying our food.
We shared the wings and some tacos because we weren't super hungry at the time. Very fresh and tasty, I highly recommend the tacos if you are looking for something satisfying yet not too heavy, they really hit the spot.
Love the drinks too. A variety of unsweetened ice teas and fresh watermelon juice and lemonade all are bottomless. Hint: the green tea with just a pinch the lemonade is a winning combination.
Grabbed some cookies to go that I eat later, very convenient if you are traveling like we were. I liked the peanut butter one best.
We will definitely be back and overall I was pretty impressed with this chain!

Contributions +394

Favorite Native Foods Location - Edit

This was the first native foods I ever went to. Out of all the native foods I've gone to this is still my favorite because the staff are awesome. The food is always amazing and it's hard to choose what to eat because everything looks so good!

Pros: Great staff, Awesome food

One of My Favorite Restaurants - Edit

This location is right near the dojo where I take karate classes so I often go there for dinner afterwords. I have tried probably about half of what is on the menu and I've liked just about everything. My favorite dishes are probably the rock'n Moroccan bowl and the portabella and sausage burger. I know those things are quite different but it really depends on what I'm in the mood for as I often find the burger a bit too rich.

not impressed - Edit

i wanted to try it here because i have friends in cali that rave about native foods.
we got the soul bowl and the meatball sub. along with the strawberry shortcake dessert thing.
the soul bowl had decent flavor and was very filling. relatively good but the veggies were very over cooked. all in all, not bad. but not something i would crave.
i didn't try the meatball sub but my husband didn't like it. to me it looked like mainly bread and not a lot of fillings.
the strawberry shortcake was yummy. light and not overly sweet. would definitely eat that again!

Native Foods - Edit

Well by now we all know Native Foods is a hit in Chicago. Tonight marks the first night of the soft opening (VIP dinner) of their second location (out of three) in Chicago. I'm attending the dinner tonight and will update my review accordingly tomorrow. I've already seen the location and can comment that it's in a hip area, footsteps from Belmont/Clark and footsteps from the Belmont Red Line stop. Be sure to stop by this location as soon as you can!

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Native Foods - Lakeview closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.