Native Foods - Hyde Park

Contact 773-241-7800

1518 E Harper Ct, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60615

Quick service vegan restaurant chain originating from Southern California; this one opened May 2014. Offers a menu of fusion bowls, burgers and wraps, salads, desserts, chai with soymilk, organic coffee, and more. Order at the counter.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering, Fusion

First Review by vegva4eva

Favorite Vegan Spot! - Edit

Native Foods is my favorite Vegan spot. Their food is always excellent and the service is great! The Vegan meatballs, nachos and desserts are favorite. I recommend this spot to all Vegans and to people who aren't Vegans, their food is so tasty, I think it can appeal to anyone's taste buds.

Pros: all Vegan, you don't have to guess or reread the m

Cons: none

Great option for Hyde Park - Edit

I visited two locations of NF during a recent trip to Chicago. Unfortunately, I found this one did not measure up to my experience at the LA (Westwood) location or at the Chicago (Wicker Park) location. The food was good. I ordered the tacos. Perhaps it was foolish to expect LA-quality tacos in Chicago. The tortillas just did not taste the same as LA tortillas; the fillings were okay.

The teas were very tasty, and fresh mint leaves were available. The have free refills on drinks.

My (non-veg) mom had ordered too much food, so I was able to taste some of her leftovers. She ordered a giant salad with tons of avocado. The salad and dressing were good, but I rarely order salad in a vegetarian restaurant (that's what I have to buy from "meat" places). The edamame hummus was only so-so. My husband ordered the bacon cheeseburger, and it was very good.

My mom was staying at the Hyatt a block away from the restaurant, so the location was ideal, in a strip of new businesses that have sprung up in Hyde Park. It is really close to the 53rd Street Metra Electric commuter train stop, which was good, since my husband and I were staying at a hotel near O'Hare, and all of us were without a car. If you are visiting the "South Side," this is a good option.

Pros: free drink refills, familiar menu, friendly service

Cons: tortillas just not as good as in LA

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Native Foods - Hyde Park closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1823 times since May 2014.