Native Foods Cafe

Contact 303-758-3440

680 S Colorado Blvd, Glendale, Colorado, USA, 80246

Chain of vegan restaurant originating from Southern California; this one opened fall 2013. Offers a menu of salads, veggie burgers, rice and noodle bowls, vegan desserts, chai with soymilk, organic coffee, and more. Order at the counter, and food is brought to your table. Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by Redheaded Vegan

Neat! - Edit

I was happy to discover a few great vegan/veg eats in Colorado, as I am a new resident. This place offers a wonderfully designed, user friendly online order system, in which I took advantage of a day ahead of my arrival. I arrived to find this establishment, clean, friendly, and upbeat. I enjoyed the atmosphere. My order was accurate and on time. I was very impressed. The food tasted wonderful and I will surely be returning. Thanks guys and gals!

Pros: Clean, Affordable , Tasteful

GREAT! - Edit

Super good burger, and sweet potato fries are to die for! Took my mom (who is not vegan) and she got the chili and said it was the best vegan meal she has had. There's something for everyone! Staff was very nice as well, and we got our food incredibly fast!!

Yummy! - Edit

Everything is labeled as "chicken" and "cheese" and so I had to make sure everything was vegan! Which it is! I had a chicken bacon sandwich with french fries to go. The fries were delicious and ate them before I got home. The chicken was amazing but the bacon was a little weird and gummy. Take that with a grain of salt as I've never had vegan bacon before.

Great place, not too pricey either!

Pros: Chicken, Fries, Price

Cons: Bacon

Quality, tasty vegan fast food! - Edit

This place is really good. First time ever to Native Foods and was really impressed. Service at this location, Cherry Creek, was very good. Ordered the Japanese Sesame Crusted Native Chicken Bites. This dish was incredible!! My boyfriend had the Native Oklahoma Classic and absolutely loved it. We didn't care for the Mac and Cheese though. Can't wait for these to start popping up on the east coast!

same as other locations - Edit

This location was near our hotel (as well as other hotels, so hopefully, they get new customers to try them). The level of service and consistency of food is the same as all the other locations we have tried in SoCal. They are a great fast casual restaurant. We tried some of their newer options this time. The Japanese bites, the Thai meatball bowl, and avo bacon & chicken sandwich. Wonderful comfort food. We rounded out the meal with sides of soup and sweet potato fries. Take everyone you know to NF. It won't disappoint.

Pros: all vegan fast casual, friendly staff, easy parking

Contributions +394

Yummy! - Edit

I am never disappointed with native foods. I highly recommend the native nachos and the wings.

Pros: Tasty Food

Great food but partnership with MFA is confusing.. - Edit

The restaurant had great food and friendly staff at an awesome price. This is the perfect model for a chain vegan restaurant that will soon be on every street block in America.

For folks that want a "whole-foods" plant based diet, I wish there was more options. (Avoid salt, oil, and sugar)

One thing I thought was confusing was partnering with Mercy For Animals(MFA). MFA encourages people to continue to exploit cows for their milk and chickens for their eggs by telling people to go "Vegetarian."

*If* you are a freaking *all* vegan restaurant with nothing to hold back, then partner and promote abolition and the immediate end to animal use.

*If* you believe it is morally wrong to hurt animals, you already believe in veganism. Go vegan. Educate others. www.whyveganism.com

Pros: Great food! Had the burger and other, Friendly staff and healthy staff

Cons: Partnership with MFA

absolutely delicious. there was not a single thing I did not like about my meal. I got the Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Ranch Sandwich (on a whole grain bun) with a side salad and the Lavender Lemonade. The flavor was there, and the textures spot on. Nice inside, spacious. Any non-vegan would enjoy this place. Free refills on their lemonades and teas. The prices are perfect for the portions.

Delicious vegan food - Edit

We went there for the first time last week. We were so much and so pleasantly surprised! The whole menu is vegan and everything is so delicious! We couldn't belive that their "wings", kids "chicken fingers" or cupcakes and fruit parfait are really vegan. We are definitely coming back to taste more food next time.
We loved the lavender limonade, watermelon fresca limonade and all the unsweetened herbal teas with free refills.

Pros: The whole vegan menu, Free parking outside or in garages under, Free refills on drinks

limited GF options - Edit

It's unfortunate that Native Foods isn't more gluten free friendly. My hubby, sis and all my other non-GF vegan friends can't get enough of this place and I don't blame them. However, it's a bit of a challenge to eat here being GF when you see what everyone around you is eating and raving about. The tacos are my favorite. I love sweet potato fries, but they aren't GF so that's another disappointment for me.

Pros: great if you're vegan, but not GF

Cons: limited GF options

Mmmm Good!!! - Edit

Glad they are here in Denver. Food is so easy wnd delicious. They have a cookbook I will be purchasing. The service is AMAZING! They really make you feel at home. I love the different specials too - keeps the wanting more aspect. Soups are excellent too. Wish you had larger bowls for take out!!! Thank you!!!

Pros: Service♥♥♥, Taste ♥♥♥

Cons: Location. Parking

Tasty, good variety - Edit

We've eaten at the original Native Foods in California, and we're happy to have them in Denver and Boulder now.

The Denver location did not disappoint. The food was very well prepared. The butternut pesto polenta bites are a great appetizer or light meal. The sweet potato fries are surprisingly scrumptious, with great texture. The desserts are through the roof. Service was friendly and helpful.

They also have a frequent diner card that gives you free stuff after a certain amount of purchases.

There's free parking in front.

We'll be back! :-)

Pros: delicious, varied menu, all vegan!

Best Vegan Food in Colorado! - Edit

Friends took us here to watch a cooking demo before Thanksgiving. The demo was wonderful and we used the stuffing recipe to rave reviews at Thanksgiving by vegan and non-vegan family members.

We went back and had lunch there this weekend. The special "Scorpion Burger" was fantastic. It was an amazingly flavorful and tender tempeh burger. I must say, this was the best vegan "burger" I have ever had. The sweet potato fries were yummy too. We couldn't resist the vegan carrot cake muffins on our way out and devoured it on our way home.

We were so impressed with this restaurant that we purchased $200 worth of gift certificates for family and friends for Christmas. You owe it to yourself to try this restaurant soon.

As another reviewer said, the staff is not only friendly, they really are informative as well.

Pros: Taste delight! Really yummy!!!, Everything served is vegan., Great customer interaction and service.

Cons: Distance from my house...want one closer, Not easily seen from the street, A little too heavy on muffin's frosting

Pleasantly surprised - Edit

I have to admit, my expectations weren't incredibly high knowing this was a chain, but holy cow(less) was I pleasantly surprised!

I visited for the first time last week and was wonderfully overwhelmed by choices. I was greeted by an incredibly friendly woman at the counter (you order, pay, sit with a number, and they bring your food to you when it's ready) who was very helpful. She even pulled out their allergy book to be sure what I was ordering was indeed gluten-free.

The tacos I ordered were bursting at the seams with incredibly delicious jerk tempeh, cabbage, guacamole, and sauces. When the server brought them out she asked if I waned to try their salsa with it, and when I replied that I did, she brought me a side. It had a wonderful kick and a little added to the filling went a long way.

I ordered a side of lemon dill potato salad with the meal and it was heavenly. The flavor was bright - an excellent balance of the lemon and dill with neither being overpowering.

Despite being counter service, the staff roamed around to see that everyone was doing okay and even refilled my water twice for me. I am excited for this new vegan addition to the Denver scene and cannot wait to go back and try something else!

Pros: Delicious food, Wonderful variety, ALL VEGAN!

Cons: Location can be tough with traffic

Return to Glendale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Native Foods Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3768 times since Oct 2013.