Native Foods - Aliso Viejo

Contact 949-831-1926

26705 Aliso Creek Rd (at next to Edwards Theater, Orange County), Aliso Viejo, California, USA, 92656

Chain of vegan restaurants. Offers a menu of sandwiches, veggie burgers, bowls, salads, kids' menu. Order at the counter and food is brought to your table. Small interior, with covered patio seating, lot parking. Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by Calvegmami

Wonderful! - Edit

My west coast vacation landed me at this spot. I Loved Veggie Grill, but Native was closer to my location. Buffalo "wings" were great, however, the Japanese chix bites w/ slaw were AMAZING! My non veg husband's burger was phenomenal! The oatmeal pie was definitely my favorite!

Delicious - Edit

I had never been to the native Foods chain before. I am very used to Veggie Grill. As much as I love Veggie Grill, Native Foods was a nice change. The variety on the menu was exciting, and they also offer beer and wine and a nice dessert selection. I had the soul bowl. I used to love BBQ before I was vegan, so I was happy to see this on the menu. It was absolutely delicious. I hope the chain moves to Pasadena so that I can visit it more often!

Pros: Good food, Good value

MUST TRY VEGAN - Edit

So I have I have been to all locations in California and Chicago one day going to 3 different locations in LA, the food is always good get on the email list if you travel use the reward card. One of my fav items is the chicken run ranch, I should also say this is from a 10+ year vegan.

Yum! - Edit

This place is located in a gorgeous area of California. The food was really good, I had the ranch chicken burger, the faux chicken was spot on. I took my non-vegan friend and he liked that dish too. The curry bowl was also delish, however my non-veg friend did not like that dish. I think all the kale scared him off. I loved the food, but I would recommend being wary of what your non-veg friends order.

Pros: yummy food! , quick service, in a fantastic area

Cons: small

Always Wonderful - Edit

I've never, ever had a bad experience with this place. Really friendly staff, fast and helpful service, and the food is always delicious. I have nothing bad to say about this!

Pros: Fast, Friendly, Yummy!

friendly helpful service - Edit

Went here late on a Sunday evening expecting so so service. Met with friendly front counter guy. He made lots of suggestions and was quite helpful. We never eat out because its difficult to find low fat vegan options (not salad). This place was no exception but we decided to splurge. The food was very tasty but appeared to be reheated for our order and could've been a lot hotter for better food taste.

Pros: yummy, friendly

Cons: not low fat, temperature control

Flavorful food - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow and ate here in June 2012. Here's my Native Foods review.

The inside of this Aliso Viejo vegan cafe is rather small, but it does offer plenty of outdoor seating in front that's covered and has a nice view of the water fountain on the plaza premise (same plaza as the Edwards Cinema and many other shops).

The menu is the same as other Native Food restaurants. The day's special was a barbeque seitan burger with choice of side for $10. We got the fries to go with that. It's very saucey, a bit too much for me personally, but my friend liked it. The seitan was tender, and that's always a plus.

Everything is vegan.

Need more chain restaurants like this one - Edit

Cool little place. You'd never know it is part of a chain. I hope they expand more. It would be so cool to find their great food in other states!

Pros: food, casual atmosphere

Cons: none

Amazing! - Edit

My husband and I are from Atlanta, but we have been using Happy Cow to help us find great vegan restaurants to try while we visit California. The food was amazing at this Native Food location. My husband had tacos, and I had the super meatball sub. You can tell these recipes were created by a chef because the flavors were wonderful. The staff was beyond pleasant. All in all, one of the best restaurants we have eaten at so far. We are going to try to go to other locations before we leave because of the amazing food and service we had today. Also, make sure to try their lavendar lemonade!

Pros: Food, Service

same yummy food - Edit

This was my first time at this location, but I have been to Native Foods many times before and the food never disappoints regardless of location. This location is also order at the counter and take a number. The inside area is relatively small, but well laid out. There's an outdoor patio as well where I sat. I ordered one of my favorites, the Oklahoma Bacon cheeseburger, with a side of sweet potato fries and a watermelon drink. The food came out quickly. I also asked for a side of ranch...no problem. Native Foods is always a winner in my book, so if you haven't tried it yet, GO!

Pros: comfort food, always good, easy parking

Gotta try the "chicken" wraps - Edit

This is the first 100% vegan restraunt I've been to. I really wish there were more like this where I live. I had their "chicken" wrap with fries. So good, it makes my mouth water thinking about it.

Pros: Organic, Yummy chipotle sause

delicious - Edit

My favorite restaurant. Everything is as organic as possible which is important to me. Very friendly staff. My favorites are, Vegie Quesadilla, Ensalada Azteca, and the Baja Surf Tacos.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, normal size portions

Prepare for flavor domination. - Edit

This is the one restaurant that I can always count on. I used to eat at the Costa Mesa location often but now that this one opened by my house I need to eat there at least once a week. Everything is good. You will definitely like whatever you get. If you're not sure just ask one of the staff and they'll give you a great recommendation. Wings w/ranch, shakes, burgers, tacos, and the almighty chipotle sauce. Accept no imitations, (you know who you are) this is the real deal. BEST FOOD EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros: unbeatable food, cool staff, True belief in the food they are serving

Cons: no jalapeno poppers

...and still the undisputed champion - Edit

What can I say about Native Foods except for total domination. I eat there at least once a week and it has never been anything short of perfect. I recommend anything on the handhold menu as I can't seem to stray away from sandwiches often. What's awesome about this place is that it is not dominated by soy alone. I love the portobello burger and baja surf tacos. Make sure to get the wings and if you aren't completely stuffed get an oreo cookie shake to go.

Pros: total, and complete, domination!

Vegan Paradise!! - Edit

I absolutely love the Native foods in AV. The service is always excellent. The cashiers are friendly and informed. This restaurant has a nice atmosphere. I wasn't impressed with the Native in Costa Mesa but this place is the BEST. Most items cost $8-10 which is decent for veg food. My favorites are the Chicken Run Ranch burger, tacos, chili cheese fries and the wings. The nice thing is that the food is filling, vegan, and actually tastes like something. I recommend it to everyone in the area. I've been able to bring several of my non veg friends and family members repeated here. There isn't much indoor seating but they also have a patio.

Pros: food, service, quality

Cons: not enough indoor seating, its addicting - =o)

Return to Aliso Viejo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Native Foods - Aliso Viejo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4166 times since Jun 2008.