Native Bowl - Food Cart

Contact 503-330-7616

corner of N Mississippi and N Skidmore, Portland, Oregon, USA, 97217

Food cart serving rice bowls and desserts. Uses vegan Daiya cheese in some items. Open Mon 11:30am-4:00pm, Tue-Thu 11:30am-7:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-8:00pm. Sunday opening planned for the near future.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by Petesternz

Absolutely Amazing! - Edit

I am traveling and found this place on the Happy Cow app. I had the Albina and it was amazing! Good portion size too. Seriously probably some of the best vegan food I've ever had (and that's saying a lot, because I'm pretty picky, lol)! I highly recommend it! :)

Pros: Good amount of protein, way more than most places.

WOW! - Edit

I was very surprised by the food here. I'm vegan but I don't generally like fake meat (i.e. tofu, tempeh, etc). So I opted for the Hollywood bowl which was the only one without tofu. It was delicious with an amazing sauce. My husband got a teriyaki bowl and upon tasting the teriyaki tofu chicken in his, I didn't want to give it back! The tofu had a perfect texture and the sauce was excellent. Probably the best tofu meat I've ever had.

Pros: delicious , big portions, quick

Native Bowl is Amazing! - Edit

Native Bowl serves several different variations on the rice/veggie/protein bowl theme and they are delicious. I typically go for the Mississippi bowl because I have a love for BBQ, but their one with peanut sauce is also amazing. The bowls have a good mix of rice, sauce, crunchy veggies and protein and the flavors and textures all work so well together!

I highly recommend stopping here and checking them out, you definitely won't regret it!

Pros: Delicious variety of bowls, Location is convenient

Cons: Closes early

yum yum YUM!! - Edit

The Broadway is the most popular bowl and for good reasons. The peanut sauce worked so well with the rice, beans and fresh veggies. It didn't feel too heavy and the flavor was just perfect. My bf ordered the Hollywood (with pita chips, garbanzo beans and lemon tahini dressing). We didn't like it very much. There were a couple of other bowls that sounded really good (Couch and...the bbq one). We'll go back :)

Pros: variety, healthy, delicious

I LOVED THIS PLACE!!! - Edit

Perhaps my favourite place to visit in Portland, it was a fantastic experience. To begin with, the bowls themselves are first-rate, as there were about six different rice bowls to choose from, with homemade sauces and super fresh veggies. Yummy and healthy! But the healthy part disappeared with the stellar chocolate cup, which is a homemade warm chocolate cake covered in cherry chunk icecream and homemade chocolate sauce. There are not enough words to describe this amazing creation. On top of it all were the exceptionally friendly owners of the cart. Do not miss!

Pros: excellent food, good value

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Native Bowl - Food Cart closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3223 times since Jun 2010.