Nateure's Plate

• ( 26 reviews )

182 Charlotte St, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, K9J 2T8

Restaurant offering vegan comfort food. Among the choices are burgers, fries, nachos, chicken wings, mozzarella sticks, vegan beef tacos, salads, desserts, and Sunday brunch waffles and more. Has full bar. Est. 2018. Open Tue-Thu 12:00pm-7:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm. Closed Sun - Mon.

Categories: Vegan, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, Canadian

First Review by BronFair

Tyme

Points +76

28 Aug 2021

Start the car we are moving to Peterborough

OMGOSH! This was an unexpected delight. Fantastic!
We had fish tacos, bacon cheeseburger, cesar salad and Mozzarella sticks. Everything was fantastic and will have us returning next time we are out that direction.

Pros: Large and varied vegan menu, Beautiful venue , Delicious

plantsforlife

Points +103

26 Aug 2021

Worth the Drive!

We drove two hours to eat here and it was so worth it! The homemade plant "cheese" and "meat" are so delicious. The "chicken" burger was crunchy, well-seasoned, and had very meat-like texture. Their blue cheese is divine. We have to come back because we really wanted to try everything on the menu.

We are impressed that Peterborough has not only one vegan restaurant, but three, plus two vegetarian ones.

You really have to eat here!

Pros: All vegan., Lovely staff.

SunflowerM

Points +56

26 Jul 2021

Worth the Drive to Peterborough!

We were passing through Peterborough and decided to stop here for lunch. WOW! I am so glad we did! We were greeted by a friendly waiter and had a hard time choosing from the extensive and delicious-sounding menu! In the end, we shared some wings, their famous garlic parmesan fries (OMG!) and their Chicken Parmesan. Everything was fantastic! Would highly recommend and I can't wait to find an excuse to return!

Pros: Awesome food, Friendly service

emmarosewitched

Points +172

Vegetarian
18 Jul 2021

Fully plant-based burgers, tacos

Though the menu says chicken burgers, fish tacos, etc, but as the server explains when you enter the restaurant, everything is completely plant-based and made in-house. I had the mozza melt mushroom burger with a side Caesar salad and a vegan Caesar. The replication of meat and dairy products was seriously impressive and was much enjoyed by everyone in our party (vegetarian, flexitarian, and meat eaters alike). Highly recommend.

Pros: Fully vegan, Lovely, friendly staff , Creative dishes

Cons: Nada

veganfitnessfairy

Points +79

17 Jul 2021

Ah. Maze. ING.

The food was absolutely delicious. The service was friendly and knowledgeable. Great meal! Drinks weren’t too shabby either. Definitely will be back.

CodyDolan

28 Apr 2021

Delicious

Great food 🐷🐮🐥🐳💕

NatSB

Points +35

02 Nov 2020

Amazing comfort food and desserts

Grabbed a few dishes for takeout and it was pretty amazing comfort food! Probably the best vegan Caesar salad I’ve ever had. I also grabbed a couple of fresh baked pastries from the onsite bakery and those were also incredible (sour cream donut and a strawberry pop tart). Highly recommend if you’re in Peterborough.

veganbabez

04 Oct 2020

Best vegan meal

My fiancé and I have been vegan for 3 years now and this was the BEST vegan meal we have had! Try the nachos with pulled jackfruit and feta. Order anything you want without compromise, our entire meal was delicious. Our sever Tom was also fantastic. Definitely will be coming back

Pros: Well priced , 100% vegan, 110% delicious , Excellent service and location

Cons: Wish I had known about this place sooner

HappyMcK

Points +11

Mostly Veg
24 Sep 2020

All the yes

Oh man. What can I say? Everyone should eat here. My burger was amazing (on a gluten free bun that was delish!!) 😍 our server Tom was amazing and super mindful of my food intolerances... often it gets viewed as something annoying and he was so gracious, accommodating and welcoming. I'm from out of town but will make the trip here as often as possible to slowly try every item on the menu. Thanks for being awesome and saving the planet at the same time. Definitely a date night spot or a casual meal / drink spot. Delish coffee, food, clean space and tastefully decorated (if that matters to you) patio was lovely staff are awesome. Thanks for a fantastic experience, can't wait to be back soon!!

the911callgirl

21 Sep 2020

Great restaurant!

This is my first time going to a vegan restaurant and wow! This indulged every food lover cell in my taste buds. Thank you for great service and great food.

Pros: Amazing menu!, Kid friendly , Great staff

Cons:

EricsVeganVan

Points +52

17 Sep 2020

A surprise in Peterborough

Last minute check for vegan places in Peterborough and surprised to see multiple places.

Nateure’s Plate caught my eye with a pic of their tacos. I dove in with the fish tacos myself. Very nice flavor, nicely presented and reasonably filling for three tacos.

Restaurant itself has some nice character and staff was very friendly. All the other food passing by me looked delicious.

An appetizer would have been nice but just seemed too expensive for one person. Likely all sized to share nicely.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Great tasting food, Great character

Cons: No low cost/small options.

Daniellemarshh

Points +55

02 Sep 2020

Best vegan junk food

Probably the best vegan restaurant I’ve tried in Ontario. The food is some of the best “fast food/ junk food” I’ve had, it would totally impress even a non-vegan. They really did an amazing job with every menu item I’ve tried.

BeansOnToast

Points +145

27 Jul 2020

You Need To Drive Here Now.

Best Vegan restaurant in Kawartha Lakes. Friendly staff. Great Vegan Fast Food that's better than Non-Vegan. Great baked treats from Vegan Sweet Home.

Pros: Big Mac (Vegan) that is better than the real thing, Macaroni and Cheese that's creamy.

RachelDemers

Points +18

27 Jan 2020

Delicious meal with good service

Nice atmosphere, friendly stuff and good food. We always end up taking a selection of baked goods home.

Pros: Good menu selection, not overwhelming

CDub

Points +158

01 Dec 2019

A wonderful meal

We had a wonderful dinner here recently when visiting Peterborough. You need to try it! The restaurant was clean and homey and the food was wonderful. We had the Mac Attack, the Burrito Bowl, and the garlic Parmesan fries. So good! Also, the s’mores bars are delish. Service was courteous, friendly and helpful. Also we found it relatively affordable.

Pros: All vegan and a nice selection, Very clean, Everything was distinct and delicious

Lisa21

Points +60

17 Nov 2019

Must try this restaurant

Tried Nateure’s Plate at Peterborough Vegfest this summer and loved the flavours.
After closing the cottage we were hungry and decided to stop in for a bite and so glad we did.
The atmosphere is fantastic pub/restaurant/local gathering place and we were so happy to see them fill to capacity that means lots of people love the place too!
We had tacos, greek salad and chicken sandwich with fries. Everything totally vegan & totally dee-licious!
You have to eat here!

Pros: Friendly, Delicious, Good value

DaleBondy

Points +36

30 Aug 2019

Amazing Food!!

Stopped in here on the way home from Ottawa to London soley based on the reviews. Food was amazing had the Reuben and the Zac as well as the Mac n cheese 100% worth the drive outta the way to get some great home cooked Vegan comfort food!

SmithsFan

Points +137

04 Aug 2019

Great vegan options!

So many choices. We had chicken wings and nachos. Both were delicious. Also great bakery items to go (Boston cream donuts, carrot cake, Nanaimo bars and brownies). Can’t wait to return

Pros: Many options, Beautiful venue, Half price appetizers on Thursdays

AngieStev1984

Points +23

Vegetarian
10 Jun 2019

Good plant-based pub style food

This is a good new plant-based restaurant in the downtown that has pub style comfort food. The wings are really tasty. The sliders, which were recommended, were ok. I am excited to try their brunch. Oh, their Vegan sweet Home assorted goodies are tasty! A great new addition to the area to compliment places doing plant-based foods like Tiny Greens Plant Cafe or as a good alternative to the Food Forest when looking for a change.

Pros: Vegan pub food, Tasty vegan treats, Cool atmosphere

Cons: A little pricey for what you get

Callummcgill

Points +219

28 Apr 2019

Large selection of food favourites

A sizable and delicious menu of classics. Highly recommend

StefRonnie

Points +32

16 Apr 2019

Impressed

I visited with my non-vegan, carnivorous cousin in an attempt to show her vegan food can be delicious and this place did the trick. I had the fish tacos with a side of fries, which I couldn’t eat because I (almost) filled up on tacos. My cousin had the beef burrito bowl and said it was amazing.

We pushed the limit and had dessert, she the caramel cheesecake and I had the donuts and dip. She didn’t love the cheesecake but I did. A mix of ice cream cake and cheese cake with a nutty flavour.

I liked that there was both pub fare and some healthier options. We hit the attached (vegan)bakery on the way to stock up the freezer. I would recommend and revisit next time I’m in town!
L

Pros: All vegan!, Variety of food with “healthy” spectrum, House made “meat” “cheese” & sauce. Daiya free!

Cons: No change table

JK

Points +106

28 Feb 2019

A real treat!

Haven't been to Peterborough in a while and have generally been disappointed with options, hours, etc.
This place is a gem! Friendly staff, good portions, rustic/classy decor...
As someone with a severe dairy allergy, it was amazing to have my first ever mozza sitcks, rather than needing to avoid anything even cooked near them!
I had the fish tacos (sauce on side and found they were moist enough without it) and my friend had the 'chicken parma'. He isn't vegan, and enjoyed every bite.

Pros: Licensed , 100% animal product-free, Fresh and delicious

Cons: I prefer whole grains, but...

CassandraL

Points +83

03 Feb 2019

Large portions of great food

Ordered a bunch of food as it all sounded amazing. It was excellent, but we had to take part to go. Tried the 3 sliders. Our favourites were the “chick’n” and the original one. The nacho cheese dip had delicious flavour. And the potato skins were thick, but so tasty. Our only complaint was we wished we had more of the cashew sour cream to go with them. Very friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. Will return! As well, the baked goods area attached to it are well worth a try as well! Bought two cookies and some carrot cake to take home as a treat for later and the carrot cake was the best I’ve ever tried!

Pros: Large portions, Excellent food

1aura

Points +36

18 Jan 2019

Yep, this is the spot!!

The food was AH-mazing!! We were in town for hockey and this was the closest vegan place. We were pleasantly surprised with how delicious the food was and that it was very reasonably priced. You could tell it was made from scratch with unique flavours and textures, different from any vegan restaurant we have been to. The service was excellent too!! Will be back when we are in town again:-)

peepmom

Points +16

28 Dec 2018

Excellent food

My food was delicious, reasonably priced and staff was great

Pros: Excellent menu options , Flavourful food, Friendly staff

BronFair

Points +452

28 Dec 2018

Delicious vegan comfort food in Downtown Peterborough

I was so delighted to hear that this place was opening in Peterborough and it definitely lived up to my expectations. We went the first week they were open, I got the Mac & ‘cheese’ and my husband got the ‘chicken parm’. Both were so delicious! We also got the loaded potato skins as an app to share and it was great also. Hadn’t had loaded potato skins since before I went vegan and I was amazed how good these were. I can’t wait to try everything else on the menu, especially the buffalo ‘wings’. Also wanted to add that the service was great, and we had our young baby (2 months old) with us and it was no problem. They have a full bar, and a cafe with vegan baked goods as well.

Return to Peterborough Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nateure's Plate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.