Nataraj - Ginza

• Friend
03-55371515

Ginza Kosaka bldg 7-9F, 6-9-4 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Vegetarian Indian food restaurant over three floors at 東京都中央区銀座6-9-4. Est. 2002. Uses organic and house-grown vegetables. Last orders 10:30pm. Take Ginza station A2 exit step and walk for 1 minute. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian

First Review by Veganfriend

super! - Edit

Great vegan menu.
I was very surprised at the quality and freshness of the food.
We almost didn't come here.
The green vegan nan is super. Vegan dessert also good.
Vegetarian menu also good selection and taste.
Wish we had this restaurant in Amsterdam:)

Fantastic Naan - Edit

I was looking for a vegetarian friendly restaurant close to my hotel in Ginza.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of Nataraj. The onion Pakora and Panner were very good.

The Vegan Naan was exceptional. I would go as far as saying it was the best Naan I've ever tasted.

The only negative in the meal was the brown rice which was very sticky which is probably due to local tastes. Still Tasted fine but didn't look appetizing.

All in all a great meal and good service.

Pros: Vegan Naan was exceptional , Good Paneer

Cons: brown Rice was too sticky

Delicious Indian food! - Edit

After try to go to several Japanese restaurants and find out either they were closed for no reason or they didn't have any vegan dish, we've decided to try an Indian restaurant. It was a great idea!

From 11am till 3pm there is a lunch buffet (all you can eat!) for just ¥1130 (taxes included). Everything is not vegan is clearly marked but if you have any doubt you can ask the waiter.

All the curries were vegan and delicious! And the vegan naan... yummy!!! They also make Indian chai with soy milk, really good!!!

I highly recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Cheap, delicious, almost everything is vegan

Cons: Not everything is vegan, what are you eating for?

delicious - Edit

Very delicious and flavorful food!

Vegan naan, clear labels - Edit

Good selection of vegetarian curries, clearly labelled for allergens making ordering easy. The option for a vegan naan was particularly exciting!

This place is a little on the expensive side for the quality of the food, we found the curry to be tasty but definitely not our favourite curry in Tokyo! Although Nataraj is a lovely restaurant to sit in and the staff were very polite so definitely overall a very positive experience.

A great option when in Tokyo as it is a chain found in many of the tourist hot spots.

Pros: Attractive restaurant , Clear allergen labelling, Lots of choices

Cons: A little expensive

Favorite Veg Restaurant During Two Week Trip - Edit

Spent two weeks in Japan with my wife; ate at 8 or 10 vegetarian restaurants during our trip, and this was our favorite! We ended up eating here twice - our first and last nights. Fantastic vegetarian Indian; great service; extremely careful about allergies and describing which dishes are vegan; really great breads! Reasonably priced - not super expensive; not super inexpensive.

Super Indian food - Edit

I would recommend everyone who loves indian food to come here. I loved it. It´s marked in the menu what contains milk. They even have vegan nan, nice! I had a selection with two currys(lentils/ beans and one with tofu), salad, starter(seitan) and vegan nan. They were so good!
But my gf choosed a curry with tofu, can´t remember the name but the tofu was spongy. Maybe it´s suposed to be like that but I didn´t like it and I usually love tofu in every form.

Pros: Good food, Nice staff

Cons: Spongy tofu

Love this place! - Edit

Traditional Indian cuisine in an authentic atmosphere with background Bollywood music. I've been here quite a few times when I miss home cooked food. The food is tasty and satisfying. There are many different set menu's available but I usually go for the vegan one. The vegan naan is great! It's really easy to find - you take an elevator outside the jewelery shop next to Uniqlo to the 7th floor.

Incredible Indian! - Edit

A favorite of ours with plenty of delicious vegan options, including the nan! The Nataraj Special, Baigan Bhurta, and Saag Palak are among our favorites. Other Tokya locations: Shibuya, Ogikubo, and Minami Aoyama.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, English menu

good value for money - Edit

There are a few Indian restaurants in the area, but somehow this is the only one I've ever tried, and I've been to it a few times over several visits to Tokyo (over several years). It's all veg, and there's a lunch buffet, can't beat that! There are a few different curries, two different nans, at least two drink options, plus rice, and dessert. The staff in the dining area are polite too.

Tasty Indian Food - Edit

A really nice veggie Indian restaurant in the middle of the busy Ginza shopping area, convenient after a tiring day of shopping! I've eaten here several times, and the food has been really tasty, and the staff friendly. You'll find the usual Indian dishes - Aloo Gobi, Spinach Paneer etc - but they also do interesting things with tofu and beans, plus a couple of vegan options. I can recommend the thalis if you are very hungry, and the mango lassi is delicious! Very easy to find. Take the metro (Ginza line, Hibya line or Marunouchi line) to Ginza station and take exit A2. As you come onto street level, just keep walking straight ahead. It's about a 5 minute walk, if that, and is in the building just before the huge Uniqlo store. There is a big sign, in English, hanging off the side of the building, and usually a sandwich board outside. You need to take the elevator to the 7th floor, the elevator is tucked in next to a glass fronted jewellery store. I believe they have other locations around the city, but I've only been to this one.

Pros: Tasty food, Good price, Large portions

Mostly good - Edit

We generally agree with all the positive reviews on Nataraj so won't go into the details too much here. The taste profiles are nice, the menu is sizable and vegan-friendly, the service is relatively friendly (a bit on the cold side, but polite) and the ambiance is pleasant enough despite the absence of any windows. Our main build-on relates to the energy of the food. We've eaten here (and in other branches) countless times and one thing's certain, we never fail to feel tired the next day. Our guess is that it's the large quantity of oil they use.. even though it is apparently high quality healthy oil, in the end it is still oil. Indian food usually energizes us immensely, but unfortunately not this Indian food. We thus avoid it when we have anything important on the next day. Just FYI :) Their cookbook is worth picking up by the way. We sometimes make some of their recipes at home, only we cut the oil content by close to 10x and use our own oil.

Pros: Vast menu, Organic, with vegan options, Great taste profiles

Best lunch value in Tokyo - Edit

I recently stopped by here for lunch while in Ginza, and was astonished at how good the food was. And incredibly reasonable, especially close to the heart of Ginza!

When I went, three of the lunch curries were vegan, the fourth was vegetarian (just some milk in it). All were totally delicious. The rest of the buffet is basic but also great (especially the vegan naan, my favorite).

The atmosphere is also very nice, as were the staff.

To me, it seems that complaints about lack of view, etc. are a bit silly and reaching. Most restaurants in Ginza will be similar in this respect, and be more expensive by far. And those with the great views will put holes in your wallet you'll feel for years. I thought the restaurant's atmosphere is really nice.

It's hard to find vegan food that is this good in Tokyo. Let alone this reasonably (for lunch). Loved this place.

Pros: Lunch buffet price very reasonable, Good location, Ginza, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Dinner can be pricy (normal for Ginza)

Lil india in Ginza - Edit

Love the ambience.
Vegan menu avalaible n printed in english.
Staff speak good english and friendly.
If you are bored with japanese veg cuisine, this is the best place for a change of taste.

Pros: Indian decor

Cons: a bit costly (due to location at Ginza)

Vegan Indian in Tokyo - Edit

This location had several vegan sets on the menu - which was in English. All dishes with dairy were marked clearly. My waiter spoke English also, a plus! The food was delicious & plentiful. The vegan tapioca dessert was a delight!

The decor was bright and clean. The fountain provided a pleasant auditory background to the meal.

fantastic lunch spot, very vegan-friendly - Edit

I've been going to Nataraj for their lunch buffet for years and it keeps getting better. I visited today and they have added a vegan dessert option to their very reasonable 1100yen lunch buffet. They also offer vegan naan with the buffet and at least 3 of the 4 daily curries are vegan. Easy to find and a great location, I highly recommend it for lunch.

Pros: cheapest vegan-friendly buffet in Tokyo, quality food, large variety

Cons: dinner is kind of expensive

Delicious! - Edit

I've been looking for a fully vegetarian, Indian restaurant in Tokyo for a while and glad to find this place. The food was great and the staff are very friendly.

The only downside for me is that dinner is a little expensive. Although, I'll definitely come back.

Pros: Delicious!, Staff are very nice.

Cons: A little expensive...but that's Ginza.

Almost perfect - Edit

A fully vegetarian restaurant in the heart of Ginza, Tokyo? Surely not! But it is true. The Ginza branch is housed in a narrow building a short walk from the station. There are two or three floors availably for dining. Decor is Indian.

The first time I went, I went alone and enjoyed a number of dishes. Food was perfect and service excellent. That said, it was a tad expensive.

The next time I went was with family and friends. We enjoyed the buffet lunch (all you can eat) which came out very affordable. With four curries, rice, naan and dessert, not bad at all. My eldest son loved the saffron rice and ate a bucket of the milk dessert!

That said, it is odd that there are no South Indian dishes on the menu. I mean with all the diverse curries (tamarind, buttermilk) dosai (fermented rice/bean crepe), ottopam and mind boggling array of chutneys, pickles and soups of South Indian cuisine, who could go wrong?

Oh well, great place nonetheless.

Pros: Diverse menu, good service, lunch time buffet

Cons: Ordering seperate dishes expensive, What? No south Indian food?

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nataraj - Ginza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.