Contact 780-756-7112

10131 81 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6E1W9

Serves meat, vegan options available. South African Indian cuisine in a casual fine setting. Uses organic and local ingredients; no dairy in the sauces, so the vegetarian items are also vegan suitable. Tuesday is an inexpensive vegan night where the buffet features all vegan appetizers, salads, main entrees, and desserts. Wed-Sun 5:30pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Indian, International, Organic, Buffet, African, Non-veg

First Review by Profound_Raincloud

Alright, won't go back - Edit

We went here on recommendation of an East Indian co-worker so I thought it would be an impressive East Indian menu. It was not. I first checked out their online menu and was excited for the list of options, but once there found out those are the potential items. The actual food out was minimal. The food was alright, definitely not the best Indian I've had. The "hot" buffet food was luke warm, and just wasn't impressive. My husband eats meat and said the best part of the meal was the goat. I would not recommend, it was pricey and just not great food. The desserts were disappointing as well.

Pros: Buffet

Cons: Expensive, Poor service, Bland food

Despite living in Edmonton, this was my first time coming to Narayanni's, and I have no idea why I waited so long. It was delightful. This is a restaurant that is ill-served by Happy Cow's silly decision to limit meat serving restaurants to four cows. I don't get that. Narayanni's is 90% vegan. I went to their buffet last night - they only do buffets, no menus ever - and there were 20 dishes on offer. 14 of them were vegan, and that's apparently common. There are no vegetarian dishes, aside from one salad with cheese, and some desserts. Everything is vegan or meat, but as I said, it's more vegan than non-vegan, which makes this a "vegan" restaurant (or close enough of one) to me. The owners are lovely, and understand vegan. The food is delicious. Very nice Indian, well spiced, and interesting. Fresh. The place is clean, well decorated. Overall, a real gem. I'd love to give it 5 cows, but alas, because of Happy Cow, I can't.

Delicious! - Edit

I am totally impressed with this restaurant's vegan buffet, it is every Tuesday (if I remember correctly) and you can actually eat everything at the buffet, right down to the desserts and yogurty looking sauces!

I really have nothing much to add! The quality, service, cleanliness, selection and prices were all top-notch!

Pros: Selection, Quality, Service

Absolutley amazing - Edit

My wife and myself have been frequenting Narayanni's for a while now. The food and overall flavor of everything they make is so amazing. We have never been let down. The service is wonderful, the owners are extremely attentive, and very customer oriented. Go a couple times and you really feel like family.

Pros: Always vegan options, Always fresh, Vegan desserts as well

South African Indian - Edit

This restaurant is a great twist on traditional Indian food! It was excellent food with new dishes that I had never had anywhere before and the tastes that were inflicted on my taste buds were a whole new world of wonder. I enjoyed this buffet but found it a bit pricey for a Veg*n. I liked that all the dishes that did not have meat were vegan and there were lots of vegan options.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Excellent Food, Buffet

Cons: Expensive, Serves Meat

Return to Edmonton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Narayanni's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1648 times since Feb 2012.