Nara Thai Dining

Contact 281-812-0291

18455 W Lake Houston Pkwy, Humble, Texas, USA, 77346

Serves meat, vegan options available. Located in the Colonnades shopping center, several vegan items are on the menu, and they will make pretty much any dish with tofu or mock duck. A pleasant surprise in an area that rather lacks vegan dining options.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by windysgarden

Vegan Landing Spot - Edit

We've eaten here about six times, and each time it was a great experience. Haven't yet tried the mock duck, but the tofu has been great with any item. Amazing Lemon Grass soup (substitute tofu for a meat), and nearly everyone of their menu items can have either the tofu or the mock duck. We almost always make a reservation - it's not that they are too busy for walk ins but they always will prepare a special table for us when I tell them that it is a date night reservation! We love this place - the food and the service are great, and this is one of the very few places that a vegan can go in the area and really not have to settle.

Pros: Excellent food with LOTS of vegan options., Atmosphere - great for "date nights!", Very good service.

Very Vegan-Friendly! - Edit

I've been there twice. Once as an omnivore and once as a vegan. The service was wonderful! The atmosphere was relaxed. I enjoyed the Panang Curry. I was wanting to try the faux duck, but the server recommended I stick with tofu because it has a better flavor. So I still haven't tasted the faux duck, but the tofu is great! Be careful of the fish sauce that they might use in the dish! They were very accommodating to our requests about egg, milk, and meat in the dish. They took the egg out of the Pad Thai when my husband, also a vegan, requested it. That being said we never specified that they replace fish sauce with soy sauce or another alternative. We were unaware of the ingredients in their cooking until I googled it after the experience. So be sure to ask about fish sauce and have them replace it with soy if need be! We also had the sticky rice with mango for dessert which the server assured us was vegan and used coconut milk. I will double check on this though. Overall, this is a great little restaurant for the rare vegan in the Kingwood/Atascocita/Humble area. I will go again but will ask about fish sauce next time!

Pros: Good service, Pleasant atmosphere, Ability to "veganize" a lot on the menu

Cons: Hidden ingredients which server may not realize is, Wish there were items on the menu specified as veg

A beautiful respid in Atascocita - Edit

I stumbled upon Nara Thai about three years ago. They are in a rather non-descript shopping center with little or no advertising. The food is fantastic and some of the best Thai I have had. They have many tofu dishes and each of them are very tasty and spicy. Wonderful ambiance, non-rushed, beautiful artwork and peaceful restaurant. All who I've introduced to Nara have gone back and enjoyed. I haven't tried their mock duck but plan to soon. For those living in Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita it's a great spot.

Pros: Quiet, Variety, Friendly

Return to Humble Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nara Thai Dining closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.