First Review by gr8vegan

delicious food, friendly staff - Edit

Dropped in here after a full day of walking around Budapest and was delighted by the amount of vegan options available. We had a cheesy vegan pasta, homemade ginger drinks and yummy desserts. Prices were extremely reasonable and staff were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

Great health food and dairy/meat alternatives - Edit

Great vegan cheeses and other dairy and meat alternatives for a reasonable price. The broccoli and almond salad is great as is the wheat protein burger. A lot of the food would taste nicer warmed up but for take away it's a great option. Nice health food selection. The staff are very friendly and speak English well.

Pros: English-speaking, great desserts, excellent meat and dairy alternatives

Cons: food served cold, need more vegan labels

cozy place with great staff! - Edit

Really kind and helpfull staff and great lunches! The store is small but with good pricing, only thing missing is a more clear sorting of vegan and non-vegan products, but the staff was great at answrtin our questions. :)

went with son - Edit

I went to visit Budapest with my boyfriend and our little son (19th months old) and arriving in the city just at lunch time we diced to go to eat something to Napos that was actually very near where we were accommodated. We ask for eat in but the lady put all our food in bugs, we ask again to have for eat in, she politely said us yes but didn't give us any plate. My boyfriend and my son took a sit while a was paying. In that moment the lady came to my and said me "can you make you baby be more quiet?" I just payed and left. But the food is good, cold but fine.

Pros: Good food, Good selection

Cons: Intollerant with children

Nice Bio shop - Edit

The service staff was very friendly and translated to us the ingredient lists. They have a lot of yummy vegan food (with a few percents off on Saturdays)and also a good assortment with vegan basics like grains or plant milks, cacao butter, chia seeds etc.
For other vegan tips in Budapest:

Pros: Ok prices , small but good assortment, tasty fresh vegan pastries

Good vegan and organic selection, local pastries - Edit

I found a number of interesting vegan snacks, pastries, and desserts. One of the friendly employees spoke very good English and helped me confirm which items were vegan.

Pros: Vegan pastries, local style, Good vegan and organic selection, Friendly staff

simple and good - Edit

I ate here twice while traveling in Budapest. It's a cozy little cafe with one or two hot dishes on the menu and then a selection of salads you can order by weight. Everything was simple but really delicious and the price was pretty cheap. Would definitely recommend looking it up, especially as it is near a lot of hostels in the city. Didn't see any signs marking items as vegan or non vegan but the staff spoke good English so if that's a concern I'm sure it would be easy to find out.

Pros: central location , lots of options

Great - Edit

It's true that not everything is vegan, but they have a great choice of vegan dishes, and desserts. The shop is also fully equiped with all the necessary stuff.
They also offer a menu with 1 soup and 1 main course. It's not always vegan.
At the other side of the street there is a small biological grocery store, with fresh pressed juices.

Pros: non-smoker, great variaty, moderate price

Cons: not open on Sunday

agree and disagree with last reviewer - Edit

Most of their cold dishes were cream based, but they had cous cous & two other grain vegan dishes and a ton of fried battered food. Also, they had an amazing vegan carob cake & good ginger juice. Relaxing and seemed to have brisk business.

Pros: vegan cakes

Cons: too many milk dishes

don't go late - Edit

I'm nots sure what this place is like at lunch time, but by the time I got there, quite late, everything was cold and many things included milk products. I guess this would be ok for a snack. There is a health food part to this place as well.

Pros: Snacks, shop inside

Return to Budapest Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Napos Oldal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.