Napfenyes Cukraszda

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan

Kiskorona u. 8, Budapest, Hungary, 1036

Hungarian vegan cake stall, operated by the owners of Napfenyes Etterem. Makes specialty cakes with xylitol and agave instead of the regular cane sugar. Location is difficult to find, so look carefully. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

First Review by chrissydome

Nice place for cakes - Edit

There were some lovely cakes here, though it seemed quite heavy on cheesecakes when I visited. I had a chocolate banana cheesecake and my partner had a caramel one - both were really creamy, though we wish the bases were a bit more biscuity. It was a lovely, quiet little place, though truthfully I preferred the selection of cakes at the main Napfenyes restaurant, which seemed to be more sponge-based.

Best vegan bakery we have ever tried - Edit

We have been to many vegan bakeries and had many, many vegan desserts all over the world. These are the best cakes and pastries we have ever tried.

Very affordable, we got 5 pastries for about $7 Canadian.

The closest transit station is "Timar Utca" station on the #5 suburban railway, which connects to the main transit station at "Batthyany ter" station.

Staff does not all speak English, but the two times we went we did have someone who spoke well enough to help us.

Pros: Delicious pastries, Good prices

Cons: Remote location, Small shop, bit cramped

Really delicious vegan Hungarian bakery! - Edit

This place is a bit remote, but totally worth the trip. Hey, it's got that hole-in-the-wall feel, ya know? I've been to a majority of the places with vegan sweets in Budapest now and this is my favorite. The quality of the goods and flavor is the best. I like that it's vegan and Hungarian, as usually the local food isn't veganized, so it was cool to try some local types of treats.

There is no seating, but get several things to go and you're all set. We went a bit crazy and got five different things. They also have really yummy chocolate caramels in a bag!

Blog post about Budapest veg scene with pics: http://vegannomnoms.net/2013/09/vegan-budapest.html

Pros: local Hungarian food veganized, great flavor, lots of options

Cons: remote, no seating

Lovely cakes! - Edit

I had been planning to go to this vegan bakery for quite some time until I finally managed it. The reason for this was that it is quite out of the way from the city centre in a housing area.
When I finally managed to find the time to go there I found a VERY small shop. The staff there was friendly and very helpful (explaining every single cake :-) ). There were a few other customers there too, but they seemed to be friends from the neighbourhood.
We ended up buying 4 different types of cake and some ice cream. Everything we had was very delicious and definitely addictive. :-)
The two downsides are the size of the place (it would just be so lovely to have some tables and chairs in there where on could sit and have some coffee or tea) and the remoteness.
But I'll definitely go there again as the cakes were so good.

Pros: great cakes, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Cons: small place, not central

Return to Budapest Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Napfenyes Cukraszda closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2011 times.