Nantala

3-28-2 Miyakojimahondori, Miyakojimaku, Osaka, Japan, 534-0021

Serves meat, vegan options available. Southern Indian restaurant with a variety of vegan dishes, From subway Miyakojima walk about 7 min. Nice atmosphere. Vegetarian Thali (meal set) available for lunch and dinner. Note: kitchen may stop serving 30-60 minutes prior to closing, check ahead.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by Vegeiko

vegetable curry - Edit

First off let me say, sweetest staff ever. Super concerned about meeting our needs and I appreciate that and even put that above the food. The sweet girl at the front actually spoke a lot of English, which I appreciate because we are in Japan and if anything, I should have learned a bit more Japanese beforehand. They only have 2 fully vegan options which were a vegetable masala and a curry. Both were good and hit the spot, but not the most amazing Indian food I’ve had. I also believe it’s southern Indian and I’m pretty sure I’m more used to the northern Indian spices, so that could be it. It was a 5
Minute walk from my Airbnb so it came in very handy in a pinch.

Pros: vegan and gluten free options, kind staff, take out is easy and convenient

Trip to Kelala!!! - Edit

As a vegetarian, Indian curry is a life-saver for me especially when I can't find anything g to eat, I just jump in to some Indian restaurant and say "Shakahali"?? I think this means I'm a vegetarian.
But yes I sometimes I get bored with same taste northern style curry and naan, but this restaurant offered me marvelous variety of southern dishes, lemon curry, rassam, etc. i instantly felt like went to a beautiful southern India .....in Miyakojima, Osaka!!

Return to Osaka Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nantala closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.