First Review by Alejandro G

Imaginative twist on Japanese cuisine - Edit

I chose this place for my last evening in Paris. They had just started a waiting list for tables when I arrived. The gentleman who greeted me was very nice, took my first name and asked me to hang around for 10 minutes. It wasn't long to wait and I was ushered to a small table with a good view of part of the restaurant. There was a mix of diners but it definitely tended towards the young and hip(ster), with a scattering of Fashion Week types.

I went straight to the main courses and ordered the vegetarian bento, which today included the grains of the day (wild rice, bulghur and barley), grilled avocado, smoked mozzarella and nuts, with a salad which included roast vegetables. It was really tasty and the flavours all worked together. I paired it with a Kirin (Japanese beer). I didn't bother with dessert but there was a range available. There were also vegetarian starters available, and one other veggie main.

I paid €16 for the bento and €6 for the beer. So, it's on the pricier side but I really don't mind if the food is this imaginative and healthy and served with a smile. In terms of atmosphere and ambiance, though, I think it's pipped by Soya.

Pros: Imaginative cuisine, Good range of veg and grain, Friendly staff

Cons: You may have to queue.

Good, simple food - Edit

I go often to Nanashi and I am almost always happy with it. Not a large choice of food but the food is nicely presented and tastes good, good salad dressings. Grains and veggies are organic and the deserts are good.

Pros: Good food, price ok, Organic and vegitarian choices, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Noisy after 8, Little variation

Disapointing - Edit

Not very friendly. I tried to have the bread replaced to make vegan the only sandwich I could eat ...to find the laughs and refusal from the waiter....so we left!

Pros: Nice ambience, good location

Cons: unfriendly personel, gets very busy on weekends

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nanashi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1479 times since Jul 2013.