• Nami

Ovo
Japanese
Asian
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Japanese restaurant offering small dishes. Vegans could get fried tofu, sweet potato fries, tofu dumplings, kale salads, sushi, chocolate moose, and sorbet. Check if uses shared fryer though. Please note that many businesses in Sweden are cashless. Open Tue-Sat 17:00-23:00.

Venue map for Nami
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Crustina

saranda_halili

Points +285

28 May 2022

Ok

They did a great job with the food, but simply not my taste.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Friendly staff

Cons: Expensive

nylars

Points +147

06 Jan 2022

Ok but too pricey

Given the previous reviews our expectations were high and unfortunately not met. Cool interior and concept with the Japanese “tapas”, but the food was only ok and therefore felt overpriced. If I had a do-over I would not have chosen the Omakase since the dishes the kitchen chose added to the feeling of the food being overpriced, some other items in the menu looked like better value.

AnnaFagberg

Points +54

29 Dec 2021

We are very happy with our visit

I and my boyfriend ate at Nami and we were blown away with the amazing food this place offers. Fun and "non standard" vegan options fpr sushi, rhey have a vegan wine, dessert and their dumplings were amazing. Miso soup was great and they had a spectacular side dish with some type of carrot in truffle sauce with vegan caviar and such. Very very good. We most definitley will re visit 😍 #Veganuary

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Feels luxurious, Nice staff, educated on veganism

Cons: Pretty expensive

Käl

Points +33

12 Oct 2021

Vegan omakase

We tried the vegan omakase (set of several small dishes). Most of the dishes where really good and some where a bit bland, but the overall experience was great.

Johan.Huynh

Points +24

13 Aug 2020

En japaninspirerad restaurang med många veg. alt.

Mysigt ställe med en hel del kunskap om maten, det finns verkligen många veganska alternativ. Rekommenderar starkt omakase här.

Pros: Mycket veganska alternativ, Intressant meny som varierar på säsongen

Cons: Vissa sittplatser känns väldigt krampade

KristinaChap

Points +24

03 Aug 2019

Pleasure for the palate

My husband and I went here for a classic date and it was fun! Cool lounge environment with very good food. We shared 7 dishes tapas style. Especially enjoyed snacking on the perfect prepared edamame beans(I would have been satisfied just snacking on them!), and the combo of perfect sweet potato fries together with wasabi-mayo and Sapporo beer. Mmmm! All together a pleasant taste experience

Pros: Several vegan options , A well thought out concept down to the details, Interesting drink options too

Cons: A little pricey , Moments of strong smell of fish

mik

Points +3635

29 Jul 2019

Certainly interesting

I had already eaten, so I only ordered a starter.. the sushi, which was all right, but nothing mindblowing in my book. Needless to say I had to have dessert, and boy did I dig it! The sesame ice cream was utterly lovely.. To make matters even better, my friend got the other vegan dessert just because he knows the folks running the restaurant.. I tried it too, and found it equally great. It isn't a particularly cheap and they don't really accept cash, but other than that I would love to give them another chance and sample more dishes.. if I'm back in Varberg, that is.

sandrazaric

Points +44

15 Jul 2019

Fantastic

They change their menu 4 times a year. Everything is so thought through. So many options - either vegan or able to make vegan. Amazing flavours!

Pros: New dishes, Knowledgable staff

Cons: Price-y

Crustina

Points +204

03 Nov 2018

Amazing culinary experience

Me and my mother (non vegan) had a great vegan experience here. Staff was very knowledgeable about veganism and there were lots of options. We had miso soup for starters, grilled seasonal veggies w. Red miso dressing, tempura Oumph! (Vegan fake meat) with vegan Yuzy mayo, tempura tofu maki rolls and avocado chocolate mousse with coconut whipped cream and coconut “merengues” for dessert! A sweet sensory and culinary experience!

Pros: Clearly marked vegan items, Sustainable and local produce

Cons: A little pricey (but worth it), Also serves fish (but only local and organic), Bad music