CLOSED: Nameste Kerala

• Veg-friendly

Contact 02380224422

4A, Civic Centre Rd, Southampton, England, SO14 7FJ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food near the city center. Nearly 1/2 of the menu is vegetarian. Inexpensive buffet lunch. Lists the ingredients. JUL 2015 REPORTED SHUT SOMETIME EARLY 2015. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by gins

Excellent Restaurant - Edit

I've eaten here many times and the food is extremely good. The service is attentive and friendly. The vegetarian options are wide and varied and everything I have had has been delicious. I've eaten here at lunchtimes when they do a buffet for £7.95 which is execellent value for money - there are always at least three vegetarian starters and three mains plus rice, pickles and salad and dessert. I've also eaten here in the evening, as a couple and as a large group, either way the service and the food have been wonderful. The food is regional from Kerala and is clearly made from fresh ingredients. Definitely worth a visit!

Wonderful India vegetarian food - Edit

Although this Indian restaurant is not 100% vegetarian it has a wonderful selection of vegetarian dishes. Kerala is very famous in India for produces delicious and varied vegetarian dishes. And this restaurant will not let you down. I think there was two pages of vegetarian starters alone. And the choices were varied with lots of new Indian dishes I had never tried or even heard of before. As we could not decide what to get ended up ordering lots of dishes and leaving very full and very satisfied. I think many of the dessert had dairy in and were buttery - not sure if they can make them vegan friendly.

Pros: Varied menu, Friendly staff, Delicious food

Cons: Buttery desserts

Return to Southampton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Nameste Kerala closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1180 times since Oct 2009.