Namaste Veg Kitchen

480-499-2737

4727 E Bell Rd Ste 5, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, 85032

Indian vegetarian restaurant. Vegan items are marked on the menu; others can be made vegan by omitting yogurt. Has a couple of gluten free dishes and dessert as well. No egg. Open Tue-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, Tue-Thu 5:30pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sun 5:30pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out

First Review by Tigra220

a new favorite, a must-try - Edit

I think we're in love with this restaurant, me, my wife and four year old were there for lunch today and everything was amazing. the folks who own this restaurant are wonderful people. although a vegetarian restaurant there are tons of options for fellow vegans, the few non vegan items I think they can make vegan, you've got to check this place out!

Pros: awesome, friendly staff, great food, comfortable and clean atmosphere

Cons: none

delicious - Edit

We ordered numerous vegan items and they were delicious! You MUST get the samosa chaat - out of this world. Super friendly staff that clearly cares about the caliber of the food and service, as well. We will go back.

Yummy - Edit

This is very good vegetarian Indian food! I'm so glad they opened this restaurant near my home. You won't be disappointed.

New Veg in North Phoenix - Edit

It was a pleasant surprise to learn that a veggie restaurant had opened up in North Phoenix, which is also a good location for North Scottsdale veggie lovers.

With a handful of tables and booths inside (capacity @ 34 people) and another handful of tables on their outside patio, it's a cozy little cafe-like spot.

I am not an expert when it comes to Indian food, but it does seem like their menu is limited. There's no dahl/daal, Gobi Manchurian, Aloo Gobi, Aloo Saag, or Masala dishes. Instead, there is an abundance of puri/roti and Aloo Curry dishes. I also noticed that naan was missing from their menu. Maybe they have it upon request? I'll be sure to ask upon my next visit and will report back accordingly.

I ordered the Samosas and the Vada Pav. The Samosa dish comes with 2 whole potato-filled samosas, which were fried to a perfectly flaky golden crisp. I opted for tamarind sauce instead of the mint sauce.

The Vada Pav came with 2 spicy potato patties on buns (think sliders), garnished with a garlic red chili sauce. They were delicious, although the buns were very cold and wet/mushy on the bottom. I didn't understand the cause for this, unless the buns were initially frozen... I'm not sure, but aside from that the dish was very good and I would order it again.

They are a vegetarian restaurant but over 1/2 of the menu is vegan or can be made vegan. Vegan options are marked with a ‘V’ on the board menu and the printed menu. They do not serve eggs; the non-vegan dishes contain dairy (yogurt or cottage cheese). They do have few gluten-free options marked on the menu as well.

They have a case with pre-packaged deserts, some of which are vegan, but not labeled as such, so be sure to ask. The prices seem decent, to me, at least for what I ordered.

I spoke with the owner and inquired about the selection of dishes. She indicated that since they were so new, she wanted to see how the current dishes sell. They could possibly expand or modify their selection at a later time.

They are barely a month old, so I know that they have kinks to work out. I received friendly service and good food; as a vegan, I will definitely continue to patronize them in hopes that they will improve over time.

Located inside the strip mall on the SW corner of Bell and Tatum, between the Big Lots and Walmart.

(Side note, their fountain machine has crushed ice!)

Pros: lots of vegan options, crushed ice available here!, plenty of parking

Cons: limited menu selection, cold/mushy buns

Return to Phoenix Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Namaste Veg Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.