Namaste Nepal

Yorck Str 12, Chemnitz, Germany, 09130

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers some Indian dishes prepared the Ayurvedic way with herbs and spices. Also has Tibetan style with tofu dishes.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Nepalese, Non-veg

First Review by falafffel

Nice vegan food - Edit

It was funny to see this place in Chemnitz and to find out that this is another branch of a restaurant in Wiesbaden (quite a different part of Germany) which I have been to and which I liked. We must have been some of the very few customers who have visited both...

The vegan selection at Namaste Nepal is great - you have more than 10 mains to choose from, every vegan dish is clearly marked and the staff know about veganism. The food is also very good. Basically, the starters are fried dumpling-like dishes and the mains are curries which are served with rice.

We were about the only customers here and the staff was very friendly. Also, there were some nice books about hiking in Nepal which made the time to wait for our meals (freshly prepared, so it took about 25 minutes) fly by.

Pros: Great food, Reasonable prices, Good vegan selection

Recently my favorite Asian restaurant in the city - Edit

We were recently here for the first time
We were very pleasantly surprised by the friendliness and the atmosphere in the restaurant.
Many dishes can be chosen between vegan and vegetarian. (for instance: tofu instead of cheese).
Since more than 40 starters (incl. Soups and salads) are available, we are for the time being with these remained and were excited about it. A next visit is planned shortly.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, original Nepalese kitchen

Cons: not all dine vegetarian, building appears not inviting from the outside

Return to Chemnitz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Namaste Nepal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.