Namaste India

Contact 01603662016

2A Opie St, Norwich, England, NR1 3DN

Vegetarian Indian food restaurant. Marks the vegan items. Open Mon 5:30pm-10:30pm, Tue-Sat 12:00pm-3:00pm, Tue-Sat 5:30pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by paul48

Great Indian food, large selection - Edit

Simply put: Some of the best Indian food I've had (including some of the stuff I've actually had in India). Vegan options are plentiful and marked, so it's very easy to see what's what. I will definitely return if I find myself in Norwich again.

Pros: Great food, Plentiful vegan options, Friendly staff

Cons: No cons I can think of. Really.

Good but pricey - Edit

Decent curry house, enjoyed it, but expensive for what it is. Main courses are £10 and then they want £4 more for rice. Starter and main for two with no alcohol was £40. Fairly outrageous for a curry house.

Brilliant! - Edit

As a vegan with a family member who is both vegan and gluten free, this place is brilliant!!! Not only can I eat there, its delicious and the staff are really lovely.

Pros: ALL vegetarian with loads of vegan and gluten free

Nice curry - Edit

It's a nice curry and great to find a veggie place with clearly marked vegan options. It's not cheap though and you can find this type of food in most large cities for less money but the market is cornered in Norwich! Busy even in the week so book.

Awesome - Edit

Authentic food, full of flavour. The most unpretentious vegetarian place I have been to in the UK- very chilled, and very good at what they do. Not rushed, and quality comes above everything else.

Pros: Delcious, Price

Good food & great service - Edit

Lovely food, plenty of choice and the staff are happy to explain the menu options and recommend things. The best food I've had in Norwich.

Pros: Good portions, Good service, Good food!

Cons: Decor isn't so great

Very very tasty Indian food - Edit

Amazing food and friendly service. So good I went back twice in two days whilst staying in Norwich. All the vegan dishes are clearly marked and there's lots to choose from. Both the dosa and the pav bhaji were delicious and the ringan (aubergine) pakoras I could eat all day. So good.

Pros: Great food, Friendly

Best indian ever! - Edit

We loved this place. The food was cooked with care and served with warmth from the friendly waiter. By far the best Indian I've ever had. So many exciting, creative dishes and plenty of choice for vegans. Anywhere with puddings called Vegan Heaven and Vegan Dream must be divine! We left feeling nourished and cared for! Thank you x

Friendly and feels authentic - Edit

This wouldn't be for everybody. You need to have some patience for its rough edges, which include a slight shabbiness of decor and less than slick service. But it also has a charm to it, an authentic feel to some surprisingly good food. We were the first to arrive on a snowy lunchtime and, having removed our body warmers, soon put them back on again because the restaurant was distinctly chilly, despite the efforts of a portable heater. Our waiter, however, couldn't have been more charming. We joked that we were surprised he didn't have the cricket on (India were playing England in one-dayer) and he dashed off to set up a laptop with a live TV stream from Kochi on the bar for us. He was very good at explaining what was what on the menu and at determining exactly what our tastes were before making recommendations. Our starters consisted of home made samosas and a chat, both of which were excellent - the only problem being that they came about 10 minutes apart, which turned out not to be a problem as we shared them. The main courses, which were served with roti as well as rice, arrived before the drinks, but both beverages and food were very tasty and, though proportions were not huge, we were too full to try their sweets. The waiter was so friendly and enthusiastic for the food, which was good with a rustic, authentic Indian feel to it, that we found it easy to forgive the rough edges.

Pros: Friendly, knowledgeable

Cons: Haphazard service, chilly , Uninspired decor

So disappointing! - Edit

We were really looking forward to trying this new arrival in Norwich, having found a taste for Southern Indian food in speciality restaurants in London. We turned up for lunch but were not offered the specials lunch menu but this didn't matter as we fancied the full menu anyway.
Service was slow which might be a problem for lunchtime trade and decor a bit shabby which wasn't a big problem either,
We had onion bhajis and aubergine fritters to start. Bhajis were a few flabby onion rings and the aubergine fritters were better but not by much. At £5 each these were stupidly overpriced and inadequate; best avoided. Mains were a masala dosa and a chick pea dhal (the other dish we wanted was not available at lunchtime. The dosa was good and the daal OK but small portions and well overpriced.
Overall very sad as it could and should have been so much better

Pros: menu sounds good in theory, nice to have new veggie restaurant, dosas tasty

Cons: overpriced, average quality, small portions

Norwich city center - Edit

I have only had lunch a couple of times so far, they have a special offer on for lunch when writing. (I work nearby sometimes.) Excelent flavour without being too hot. I will reveue again when we have had a chance to have an evening meal there.

Pros: good value, friendly staff, excelent food

Cons: not licenced

Return to Norwich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Namaste India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2589 times since Oct 2012.