Namaste India Bistro

( 1 review )
831-641-0130

538 Lighthouse Ave, Monterey, California, USA, 93940

Serves meat, vegan options available. Marked vegan items are aloo gobi, yellow dal, chana masala, samosa, pakora, roti. Staff know what else could be made vegan, like omitting butter in the rice.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by MFOPhotography

Left me nicely stuffed! - Edit

My husband and I had dinner tonight at the Namaste India Bistro for the first time. I am not an expert at Indian cuisine. I couldn't tell you if this curry dish was better than the one that I had at another Indian restaurant 2 weeks ago! I just enjoy good tasting food and this place certainly came through for me ! The menu is quite extensive with a nice array of vegetarian dishes. The vegan offerings were small in comparison. I was glad to see that the vegan items were marked with a "V" symbol in green . I had the Aloo Gobi, a potato and cauliflower dish and the Lentil dal. Both of the dishes were delicious and just right on the "spice" meter! ( the wait staff asks if you would like the dish mild, medium or spicy) A bowl of rice accompanied our 3 dishes and a plate of Naan bread rounded out our meal. The portions were a nice size and although both of us wanted to eat more our stomachs would not let us so into a doggy bag the rest of our meal went. Overall a very pleasant night out!

Pros: Variety of items, Friendly and attentive staff, Good value

Cons: Could use more vegan options

Return to Monterey Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Namaste India Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.