Nama Artisan Raw Foods

Contact 02073134638

110 Talbot Rd, Notting Hill, West London, England, W11 1JR

Raw food restaurant offering meals and snacks. Makes nut milks, fermented nut cheese, cold pressed juices, kale crisps, nut butters, spreads, kombucha, kefir, and raw dessert. Formerly Nama Foods and re-opened here 2014. Open Mon-Wed 9:00am-5:00pm, Thu-Fri 9:00am-10:00pm, Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, British

First Review by RawFan

Lovely dinner, friendly staff - Edit

We had a lovely dinner. Nicely presented, tasted great! Pies were big portions, tasted great.
A bit expensive, but it is center of London.
Staff was very friendly too.
Only thing that we didn't like was the lounge music, but luckily it wasn't too loud ;-)

Pros: nice presentation, great taste, friendly staff, clean

Cons: bit on expensive side, lounge music

Good food - Edit

The food is really tasty and good quality, but I didn't like the place. We had a table on the ground floor and it was so tiny that it was not enough room for our plates and drinks... And the tables are so close to each other that you almost sit together with strangers. (There are more tables downstairs so maybe it's more spacious there...). The staff was not very friendly and atmosphere not warm and pleasant.

expensive and uncomfortable ambient - Edit

i had the pad thai. It was delicious but very cold like it came out already made from the fridge.The room is tiny for six tiny tables and the acoustics are terrible with everyone trying to have a conversation.The staff does a smile but is fake and they are not polite.A place that tries to be posh but is the wrong business to do it. We vegans like relaxed environments.Very expensive, on top of the bill there is a 12.5 per cent surcharge WHICH was not optional on my bill.

Pros: tasty

Cons: expensive

Top notch desserts - and great meals, too - Edit

Nama has a great thing going. Food, service, atmosphere - all very good. The menu is diverse enough that there ought to be something for most anyone. But during my visit, the most outstanding element was the (vegan) cheesecake, which was one the best i've ever had.

Highly recommended. Enjoy!

Best raw vegan cakes in London! - Edit

Nama is a bit posh, kind of place you might find the cast of the Notting Hill film in!! But the tea is only £2.50 (I say only! how London am I?) which given it comes in a pot and you can get two cups out of it compares well with other less snazzy joints!
But lets cut to the chase. If you like cake, raw cake, refined sugar free cake then you must try this place out. I am a big fan of the raw cakes at Vantra, 222 and Redemption and the occasional ones you get at Black Cat but Nama has in my humble (expert!) opinion surpassed all these. The Cherry, coffee layer cake (special) I had last night was as good if not better than any raw cake I have had before. Sturdy in consistency, thick and creamy with multiple flavours and textures...... twas a sensory delight. The chocolate ganache cake my cake eating comrade chose was also superb if a little less sophisticated! Photo included of the special layer cake. Staff were friendly and helpful too! It ain't cheap but its worth it. Next time I'll try the tiramisu!

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-27

Pros: Wonderful raw cake selection, friendly, just up the road from the Rough Trade shop

Cons: Notting Hill!, Not cheap

Excellent raw food - Edit

I like trying raw food restaurants but sometimes I'm a bit disappointed afterwards. Nama food is certainly the best raw restaurant I've been too. We tried one sweet and one savoury breakfast and both were absolutely delicious. Their "English breakfast" is great!

Very nice location but the restaurant is really small so booking is necessary.

Pros: Great creative food, Location

Cons: Price, but ingredients are really excellent

By far the best vegan/raw food in London - Edit

I went to this restaurant for lunch and I can't praise it enough! The menu is really exciting and everything is super fresh and inventive. Everything tasted absolutely amazing and I ended up ordering five dishes because they all looked so delicious (plus dessert).
They have small dished and big dishes, and they were perfect in size.
I recommend the salads and the raw pizza + mexican wrap.
Their hazelnut mocha torte is the best raw food dessert I've ever had.
Some would say it's pricey but you get what you pay for, a lot of effort put in every dish and remember nuts are not cheap. Fresh ingredients that taste absolutely amazing!

Pros: Amazing food, Fresh ingredients, Inventive and extensive menu

Cons: Why can't theu have a nama in every city?

Awesome Raw Foods - Edit

Amazing yummy food, I had the lasagne and my partner did too, we both loved it. The desserts were also really good, both the cheesecake and the tiramisu. Not cheap, but if you want quality you get your money's worth. Nice atmosphere and good for a dinner or a date

Pros: Food

Take it away - Edit

I don't know why they were so unfriendly. As is said in other reviews the tables are really squashed together to the point that it is hard to get in and out . It is physically uncomfortable but I would overlook nearly anything if the staff were moderately friendly.
A lot of people came in for take away, so clearly the food is well liked. Our party of 4 found it satisfactory. Food is served on a roofing slate but they use normal cutlery.
Perhaps better to just order the food and take it away but if you want food that isn't cooked it would be a lot cheaper to not cook it yourself.

Pros: deserts

Cons: unfriendly, cramped

Lovely restaurant! :) - Edit

My partner and I went here recently during our stay in London. While it was a bit of a trek to get out here I was pretty keen due to reading the good reviews on here. After spending a month in France - where there are quite limited vegan options and bread and wine coming out of our ears - I was really keen to go to a good raw food restaurant. We were not disappointed! :)

We ordered the Thai spiced curry with kohlrabi rice, the mexican bowl - both were delicious!! We also ordered green juices - I don't think they were fresh - I assume they make them daily and refrigerate until serving. While I know this saves a lot of time I would prefer if restaurants put this on the menu as I don't like my green juices icy cold without the foamy-freshness that comes from a freshly pressed juice. I would happily pay extra for a fresh juice or not order if I know it wasn't made fresh.

We both ordered coffee's which were delicious and a chai latte with coconut milk - good but it did lack a bit of the chai spices. We also ordered the mocha cheesecake - which was REALLY DELICIOUS!!! Great texture and great taste!

Overall a great meal!

The staff were friendly and the decor of the restaurant was great :)

Only other very small criticism was it was hard to get in and out of our seats as we were so close to the table next to us so it was awkward we needed to go to the bathroom and didn't want to have to ask the people next to us to get up so we waited until they left to use the bathroom.

Otherwise everything was really great and I would definitely go back :)

Pros: Great food - mains & cheesecake amazing!, Nice staff, Great ambience, decor & restaurant style

Cons: Tables very close together , Cold press juices not freshly made, Expensive

Rawtastic - Edit

Raw food done in exquisite taste, presentation and variety. Words don't justified how good the food taste and how much I want to eat that every day (it is notting hill/ westbourne groove price...so it isn't cheap) But this sure attracts a lot of yoga, healthy good looking girls at this place. If anything, great for guys to pick up health conscious girls ;)

Pros: Awesome raw food, Good presentation, Vegan

Cons: Pricey

Making me consider a raw diet! - Edit

It's a very warm day, summer's finally come around. After wandering about I eventually found Nama. The staff seemed a little tired and not very chatty, I arrived after what would have been lunch's rush hour. I got a juice with pear and cinnamon amongst various other things in, and the Mexican wrap to go.
Considering I wasn't eating in £15 seemed a little steep but the food was great. The wrap seemed like it had been pressed, and it's texture was like a regular wrap. It came with a little side salad and a really nice pot of dressing which I dunked my wrap into.
Left me feeling full but without the groggy 'ive eaten too much' feeling. I'm definitely going to go there again soon and try some other bits on the menu. I hope the staff are a little more lively next time!

Pros: raw, gluten free, vegan, take out or eat in

Cons: a little pricey for take away, staff weren't very chatty

delicious but overpriced - Edit

the place has delicious food, friendly staff and is meeting all my nutritional requirements and ideals in both environmental/ethical as well as health related concerns.
the portions were very small though for a very high price (even for London) and I then even got charged an additional service tax (for two small raw cannelloni that already cost £15) without a notice anywhere beforehand.

Pros: delicious , healthy, all vegan and gluten/soy free

Cons: expensive

Rawlicious :) - Edit

I had a mexican wrap and a thai coconut curry. The wrap was very interesting. I loved the wrapping which seemed to be something dehydrated, but really similar to a real wrap (with bread), except that is was delicate and easy to eat. Delicious as I was hoping for it to be. I could no be a good judge for the thai cononut curry because I don’t like raw cauliflower (did not read the menu well ), but I know I finished the plate ! And got a yummy fermented mocha cheesecake I wish I had the recipe at home ! Very nice ! I love the place, the concept (not as expensive as I got used to in raw restaurants in paris) and the food is really great quality. Highly recommended !

lovely food but service a bit slow - Edit

Visited at Sunday lunch and got a table very quickly. I had the ravioli and my husband had the falafel wrap, both were delicious. We then had the lasagne and the chilli and we're not disappointed. Flavours are amazing and dishes look beautiful. We finished with the mocha cheesecake which was a bit small but very tasty. Sadly there was no soya milk available that day as was keen to try the chocolate submarine. The only criticism was the service was very slow so if you are in a hurry it may not be the best choice. Total cost with drinks was £65. Will visit again to try some of the other dishes as sound good.

Pros: food, simple decor

Cons: slow service

AMAZING FOOD!! - Edit

We had a lovely meal-We shared the daikon ravioli with nut 'cheese', which was delicious, and I had the sushi platter-my fave! We then shared the chocolate ganache tart (not for the faint hearted!). We'll definitely be returning...

Pros: Great Food, Nice atmosphere

Nama Nom Nom Nom ! - Edit

Can't go wrong with anything on the very well put-together menu... Food and service are excellent! Very nice setting/ environment to eat in. I love the stuffed
...it's super-tasty!!! Top marks for presentation and extra marks for opening up in Notting Hill/ Portobello where it was previously an extremely annoying struggle to dine out as a Vegan - even though the most famous market in the world selling endless fruit and veg is in the middle of the neighbourhood??? :???? Just happy that Notting Hill now has Nama... Nom, nom, nom!

TEMPLE OF GOODNESS - Edit

people u gotta come here
amazing vegan raw food creations
and as u all know super healthy
they know what they r doing
very creative in the choice of the platters

Pros: healthy & tasty, warm serving people, creative dishes

Cons: small portions and so a bit expensive, location should be central

Tasty breakfast - Edit

We sampled all three of their breakfast items, enjoyed all three: raw pancakes, live granola, and a cold porridge. All were hearty, tasty, healthy. Portions weren't large, but that was fine with us.

They made their own almond milk, and the desserts looked yummy though we didn't try them.

It was a one-person team on hand (very friendly), first thing in the morning (9am), a little hard to find but in a nice setting. Recommended if you're looking for tasty and healthy.

Pros: Good food, Healthy

Cons: A bit hard to find

Fantastic Restraurant! - Edit

I just finished my meal at Nama, and the food and service were wonderful. I ordered the lasagna verdure for my main course and had a superfood truffle for dessert. The lasagna was beautifully presented and delicious. The superfood truffle was a fine ending to the best meal I have had during all of my trips to London. Highly recommended!

Pros: Food, Service

Amazing vegan raw food! - Edit

Amazing vegan raw food restaurant in London. The lovely and welcoming staff and the dishes are excellent! I love the raw lasagna, raw falafel and the green drink. All the desserts are amazing too! I have to recommend to you this place in Queens Park.

Pros: Excellent recipes, Vegan raw food innovations, Amazing raw chocolate

Return to West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nama Artisan Raw Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9495 times since Feb 2013.