Nam Mangosteen Thailand

Moo 4 Thameung Rd Soi 2 Rimkhlong Tambon Bangrin Amphoe Muang Ranong Ranong Province, Ranong, Thailand, 85000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cooking school and restaurant. Offers traditional Thai dishes. Owner speaks English so you can request to add or remove ingredients and make the dishes more or less spicy. To locate the restaurant, travel south along Ruangrat Rd until you come to the last intersection before the bridge (Prapa Rd). Turn right at the intersection and travel about 800m to the next intersection (Thameung Rd). Keep going straight and Nam Mangosteen Thailand Restaurant is about 50m on the left. Open Mon 10:00am-8:00pm, Tue-Sun 6:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Tim_nottingham

Amazing Vegetarian Food - Edit

We ate here several times during our visit to Ranong and tried most of the dishes available.
The menu is surprisingly large and diverse for a food hall type area.
Everything we ate was delicious and beautifully presented.
The owner chef, Nam is a gem. She speaks excellent English and has a sparkling sense of humour.
She tries to make eating at her restaurant a dining experience which indeed it was every time!
Cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Pros: Chef speaks excellent English, The food is innovative and delicious, All meals prepared fresh in front of you

Best Vegetarian/Vegan Restaurant in Ranong - Edit

We ate here every day during our trip to Ranong. Nam Mangosteen Thailand serves traditional and creative, Thai food. Fresh, healthy vegetarian and vegan food including soups, curries, stir fry, salads, and fried rice and noodle dishes. The amazingly delicious food, the generous portion sizes and very cheap price made our dining experience in Ranong very pleasurable. The owner, Nam, is so friendly and outgoing. She speaks excellent English and will happily cook to your personal preference. Nam is very passionate about Thai food and this is evident in the care she takes to prepare and present your dishes. I highly recommend you try her signature dish, the Forget Me Not Salad, using fresh mangosteen, it is genius. Nam even offers cooking classes if you want to learn more about Thai food and culture. I would have like to rate this restaurant 5 cows but am only allowed to give 4 because it serves non-vegetarian meals as well. I really love Nam and her wonderful restaurant and will definitely dine here again.

Pros: Very Delicious, Very Healthy, Very Cheap

good food - Edit

I eat here with my family. The food is very good. The staff are very helpful. There is a good choice of food.

Excellent Food and Staff. - Edit

The stall is in a big food hall so finding a vegan place was great as it's the first vegan food I've found in Ranong. The food is traditional Thai so can be spicy but the owner speaks good English so made my food less spicy. There Is a good range from fried rice to traditional Thai food but with tofu not meat. The sweet and sour veg with tofu has been my favourite with the green curry a close second. I've been numerous times and the food is really tasty every time. The owner and her assistant are very friendly and happy to adapt dishes. They advertise a cooking school but I've not tried it.
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 30, 2015

Pros: Excellent food. , Fruendly staff. , Cheap.

Return to Ranong Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nam Mangosteen Thailand closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.