Naked Tchopstix

Contact 317-252-5555

6253 N College Ave, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, 46220

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pan Asian and sushi restaurant with several locations. Could get tofu entrees as well vegetable nigiri and vegetarian sushi rolls. Vegans be sure to specify no mayonaise, etc.

Category: Chinese, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Pan Asian, Non-veg

First Review by darrek

Yes. - Edit

I only had the sushi here(96th st location). But I really enjoyed it. I love when places have vegetable nigiri! They had several rolls to choose from. The one with the mango was different and quite nice. I stopped in and ordered a ton of it to go (I live 2 hours away) and they were super friendly and decently quick about it. Definitely better than the vegetable rolls you get at Kroger or Whole Foods!

Pros: good selection, good portion size, friendly

Cons: slightly pricey

Slightly underwhelmed, but still good. - Edit

I had looked at their menu online and saw that they had more vegetarian options than I expected, and their prices weren't half bad. Overall my meal was nice but nothing too impressive. My tofu was alright and the sushi tasted fresh, which was good. Our waiter seemed like a little bit of a ditz but the service wasn't bad. I'd be willing to go back and try some of their other vegetarian options. It was good-- but just good. Not amazing or spectacular, but a good choice if you want options and good prices and a trendy atmosphere.

Pros: Good prices, Range of options, Trendy vibe

Cons: Mediocre service, Very noisy, Long wait

Veg beware - Edit

Have been to the Naked Tchopstix on 96th street multiple times and have been told a vegetarian dish was suitably vegan or not depending on the server. Have consequently stuck to veggie sushi minus cream cheese. Lunched there today and asked again about suitability of dishes and was informed by wait staff that basically nothing was even really vegetarian. All of the sauces in tofu dishes contained animal by-products and none of the "vegetarian" dishes including the soups could technically fit the bill because all contained MSG that had meat (believe she said beef) flavoring as an ingredient. Needless to say we were blown away.

pretty good - Edit

the veggie tempura is great, but like others said, they often put crab or other seafood in with the boxed meals even after telling them i want everything vegetarian. the service is good, everyone is very friendly and you always get everything very fast. i think the prices are pretty high for what you get, but it's still delicious!

Pros: good food, fast service, nice atmousphere

Cons: high priced, sometimes give you non vegetarian sides

Weak in food quality and service - Edit

i was really looking forward to a nice vegetarian restaurant and drove all the way to find Naked Chopstix. But the food was really way off. I asked for vegetarian but my food included crab sticks. The Japanese food was very disappointing and sushi was loosely made. Definitely have to improve if it wishes to attract vegetarians. The tempura sauce is so poor that i felt horrible and cheap after eating it. the food pricing is also high. For such low quality and service, we paid $70 for 2 pax. Unless there are major improvements to chef and the disinterested servers, i will never go back nor recommend anyone who has tried decent Japanese food to visit. So disappointed cos we were really so eager to visit it. Pls improve drastically so you can really serve vegetarians.

Pros: location

Cons: Poor quality of food, disinterested servers, pricing overpriced

Amazing Sushi and Servers! - Edit

I have to warn everyone before I write about the food... This place pretty much requires reservations on weekends. If no reservations are made, you will end up waiting in the doorway for up to 40 minutes. It gets very crowded Friday and Saturday nights. So watch out! The wait is totally worth it, though!

The menu is AMAZING! There are a ton of veggie rolls and even veggie nigiri! If you want sushi and aren't sure what to get, try the Vegetarian Sushi Set. It comes with a little bit of everything. Vegetarian options are marked on the menu, however some of the non-sushi items contain fish. Check the descriptions closely before ordering.

The staff is generally helpful as well! My friend and I go once a week for lunch. We always had the same waitress, who was vegetarian as well. She helped me pick out a few things and also create some custom rolls.

Overall, the food and staff are great. The restaurant layout itself is a little crowded, but they're expanding now! Hopefully they'll actually have a waiting area after the construction is done! Definitely check this place out!

Pros: Amazing Vegan Sushi, Helpful Staff, Large Portions

Cons: No Waiting Area, A Bit Cramped, Can Be Crowded

Some good vegan options - Edit

The much acclaimed tofu tempura is not on the menu. My server seemed purplexed when I asked for it, saying she had never heard of such a dish there. That said, she was very accomodating and pointed the menu items that could be veganized. I had bibimbop with tofu. Which was pretty good.

Pros: good food, friendly service

Cons: limited veg options

Return to Indianapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Naked Tchopstix closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2192 times since Aug 2007.