Mystic Pizza - Exarchia

• Veg-friendly
Contact 210-3839500

Emmanouil Mpenaki 76 (at Valtetsiou), Athens, Greece,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A pizza and pasta restaurant with 4 location. Has salads, soups, sweets, juices and coffee drinks. Uses organic hemp in recipes and drinks and offers vegetarian choices. Street name may go by Emmanouil Benaki.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by veganpastagirl

Not what we expected - Edit

They use viotros cheese (store bought), and the overall flavour is bland. After adding tons of salt and garlic, it was pretty good. We tried to communicate with the staff over Facebook before coming and they were very rude and not patient. They use cannabis seeds in the dough and they failed to mention it before we ordered.

Pros: Pretty cheap, generous with toppings

Cons: Bland flavour, staff can be rude

yes! - Edit

What a blessing. The entire menu also comes in English. The vegan pizza options are labeled, but you can add anything you want on the basic option. It was delicious! As another reviewer said, it's a ton of cheese, so ask for a bit less if this isn't your thing. Anyways I was traveling alone and got a whole pizza for myself and took half to the hostel as leftovers. It's in a really cool part of town and I just loved it overall. I didn't feel at all uncomfortable eating alone. The waitress spoke perfect English and my favorite part of the night is when she gave me a chocolate patty with the check and I was thinking to myself "it's probably not vegan" and she said "Don't worry, it's vegan". Great experience. This restaurant would have 5 stars if it didn't serve meat.

Best vegan pizza. - Edit

This place surely gets you one of the best vegan pizza. For my part, I never had any better. The vegan cheese is just awesome. They really use fresh ingredients. The staff is friendly. If you sit outdoors, you get in touch with Exarchia's street life, which is a nice atmosphere. I really recommend this place if you're into pizza!

Pros: fresh, delicious

vegan pizza - Edit

Does serve meat but has a lot of vegetarian options, you can choose any pizza and they will use vegan cheese if you ask. staff speak good English and it is not far from the archeological museum.

Pros: vegan pizza

Cons: serves meat

friendly and delicious - Edit

Super delicious and friendly. POPEYE SALAD: was a Spinach salad that was very fresh an honey mustard dressing very good. VEGAN pizza was loaded with fresh veggies and veggie cheese. Ask for light cheese as it can be too much, but still awesome. Really cool vibe and nice people.

Pizza Mystic - Your Lips You Will Lick - Edit

Really great crispy base pizza - definitely welcome in a place where lots of the pizza options are thicker spongy based pizza. Good selection to choose from and friendly low-key service. The decor of the place is a bit tired, but we sat outside anyway. Definitely recommended.

Pros: Great crispy based pizza, Good selection, Friendly service

Cons: Restaurant decor bit worn, Not amazing street location - but fine

Delicious food and friendly staff! - Edit

Delicious food and good selection of vegetarian and vegan dishes. Mostly pizza as well as pasta and salads. I went with my carnivorous friend who fell in love with this place as well so we ate here three times during our short stay in Athens. We shared one of the starter breads with sun-dried tomatoes, my friend had the margarita pizza and I ordered the green veg pizza. Big servings with lots of toppings, hemp pizza base is amazing, soft and chewy. Unfortunately the fresh hemp pasta is made with eggs so I didn't get to try that but everything I ate was filling and yummy. The guy working here is always super friendly and helpful, speaks good English, and the menu is in English too. I can only recommend you go to Mystic Pizza if you're in Athens!

casual place with local vibe - Edit

We were happy to have a destination that led us out of the tourist area around the acropolis. We enjoyed the walk here from that area (long for some people maybe) because we saw more of the actual city life of the city.

The server was very friendly. The food was great. The pizza was thin and light (yet hit the spot) and easy to get vegan - ask for a little olive oil on the side. And, we had one of the best salads on our trip there. Clean restroom, and lovely little spot that neighbors visit, which is always a good sign while traveling.

We had a hemp crust pizza (just tasted like an interesting spelt/whole wheat) with the Mediterranean veggies and a big salad which I am hard-pressed to recall the name or contents since it was the first part of our trip.

Will visit again if I am back in Athens!

Pros: friendly, local, tasty fresh

Wish this was a chain in the U.S. - Edit

Went here late on a Sunday night. The staff was great in that they informed me that I had to swap out the homemade pasta in my order for spaghetti due to the use of eggs. They also provided an awesome chocolate dessert with cannabis seeds and a biscuit inside. Loved the reggae music!

Pros: good music, friendly staff, nice variety

Cons: sketchy area

Wonderful vegan pizza - Edit

Been to Koukaki Mystic lately.Nice atmosphere,lovely decoration and very friendly people.I tried Mystic Bio green pizza-without cheese version, which had lots of brocoli,carrots,eggplants,zucchini and black olives.Even the pizza base was healthy,nutricious,crisp and delicous enough since they use hemp seeds and flour in it.Absolutely worth trying!

Decent place, hard to find! - Edit

So google doesn't find it, google actually gives you the wrong address. There is a user added content that maps it correctly, its the first address on their website's 3 locations listed. Its all smoking so pick your table up wind of the smoking crowd. We did the Greek Salad and Bio Pizza vegan with tons of veggies on it. It was all really good.

Pros: organic

Cons: smokers

Simply delicious / welcoming staff - Edit

This place is simply great. We ordered a marguerita pizza without cheese but with several vegetables instead and found it really delicious. We also tried their avocado salad with lemon dressing... delicious. Finally, we ordered a rice salad and found it delicious as well and found it was served in an original way, i.e. steamed rice topped with a salad made of green and red peppers, sundried tomatoes and vinaigrette. We really recommend this place.

Pros: Location, Welcoming atmosphere

Great Vegan Pizza and Salads - Edit

They have an excellent rice salad which is vegan and great pasta with vegan sauce with broccoli & avocado. Ask for vegan pizza and you can add whatever you want as a topping.

ps. If they say they have vegan cheese don't get it. It has casein in it.

Enjoy!

Pros: Great Atmosphere, Rice Salad, Great Pasta

Cons: Delivery takes a long time

Return to Athens Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mystic Pizza - Exarchia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4042 times since Oct 2007.