Mylapore

916-985-3500

1760 Prairie City Rd Ste 160, Folsom, California, USA, 95630

Operating since 2008, this is a South Indian vegetarian restaurant that uses fresh ingredients from the farmers market. Menu includes a varieties of dosas and uthampams in addition to daily changing Indian thali meals and other South Indian snack foods. Ask about dairy use. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-2:30pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Catering

First Review by yeskay

Vegan Oasis in Folsom - Edit

I've had half a dozen or so awesome meals here. Favorites are a "spring roll" dosa filled with cauliflower, bell pepper & carrot (dosas are savory crepes, made with a batter of lentils & rice) & fried flatbread with garbanzo curry. To the commenter complaining about the language barrier, seems odd you would order one of the few obviously not vegan item since over a dozen are marked. Service is fast enough & polite enough, go for the food :)

Just so-so food, questionable vegan - Edit

I rode my bike up from Sacramento (about 30 miles each way) so was looking forward to a filling lunch for the ride back.

The Sunday afternoon lunch service was quite busy: most of the tables were occupied. Perhaps 12-15 tables inside, and another four to six outside on the patio.

The service was friendly, but didn't totally grasp what vegan is. When I asked if they have a vegan thali (none was listed on the menu) he assured me they did.

It came out with a couple suspect items, including one that I'm nearly sure had dairy in it. When I (politely) inquired, he assured me it is vegetarian, the whole restaurant is vegetarian. I clarified that I wanted to know if it is vegan, or if it has milk or butter in it. He again assured me it is vegetarian, vegan. In fairness, there was something of a language barrier, and I didn't press further, just didn't eat that dish.

The quality of the other items on the thali was just so-so: slightly bland, mostly uninteresting. The rice was dry. The poori tasted and felt like it had been pre-made well in advance, fried in large batches, and left to sit until someone ordered it. (When punctured, it didn't steam.)

It was relatively inexpensive (weekend thali is $9.99) but because of mediocre quality, it was just an okay buy.

Unfortunately Folsom just doesn't have many good vegan options, so I might return and try something clearly marked on the menu as vegan, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way. Or I might just go to Chipotle. [Sad face.]

Pros: inexpensive

Cons: questionable vegan, somewhat bland

Fresh, Good Vegetarian Food. - Edit

I have been living in Folsom for the past 10 years and finally I found a good Vegetarian restaurant with a lot of Vegan options. I am a regular here every week. I like the fresh quality. The thali is my favorite. The thali vegetables change everyday which is very good. It is a very inexpensive restaurant and a meal costs about $8. Check it out.

Pros: Fresh, Inexpensive, Great Taste

Cons: Small restaurant.

Return to Folsom Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mylapore closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.