First Review by ryerrams

Yuck! - Edit

These people are antisemites. Every Jew that has visited My Sweet Lord has been "86"d for reasons as ridiculous as "we don't like your kind" to violating free speech rules, etc. Several people have been abused by the manager of My Sweet Lord, "Bud". Bud is not mentally stable and had threatened violence on visitors to My Sweet Lord. He hates Jews and rants on about how Jews run the world. "Bud" listens in on diners private conversations, buts in with his own views, and those who fail to change their minds and agree with his views get kicked out. Several have brought complaints to the person who runs this place -- "Uncle Harry" at (425) 558-4251 -- but "Uncle Harry" doesn't seem to care. Maybe Uncle Harry agrees with the abusive and racist treatment og those who come to this place.
We plan to file a discrimination complaint with the Seattle Civil Rights Commission. If you have any questions about my words, you can call me at 2o6.28o(9862)

Awesome Food at no cost - Edit

One may wonder why anyone would run a free restaurant which caters to the elegant Vegetarians and Vegans. The My Sweet Lord Restaurant is just such a place. At the first sight it may seem like a small place. Once you go in you will be welcomed to take a seat on one of the chairs and then provided with a plate of rice and curry or soup and salad. The clientale range from students, philosophers, musicians, and people between jobs. The food is high quality and upon inquiry I found that olive oil is used in preparations. Ocassionally you will find some discussions around the Bhagavad Gita and other philoso[hical books. On some Thursdays you will find practitioners of Kirtan yoga come. After asking a few questions, I came to know the place is run completely by volunteers by a organization called NWShare (hhtp://NWShare.org) and strictly by donations. The volunteers work for Microsoft, Boeing, Starbucks etc. and these companies reportedly match their employee volunteer hours. Well worth a try if you are new to Seattle or have been around for a while. Cheers!

Pros: Clean, Quality Food, Interesting clientale to interact

Cons: small, street parking limited to 2 hrs

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has My Sweet Lord Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2667 times since Jun 2009.