My Rainbow Dreams

Contact 62478591

Shop G1, Dickson Chambers, Dickson Place, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, 2602

Offers vegan cake, soups, stews, breakfast, salads, smoothies, and coffee. Operated by students of Sri Chinmoy. Mon-Tue 8:00am-5:30pm, Thu-Fri 8:00am-5:30pm, Wed 8:30am-4:00pm, Sat 8:30am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Australian

First Review by perndragonridr

Super Tasty! - Edit

My rainbow dreams is excellent for a cheap and healthy vegan/vegetarian lunch (and breakfast on weekends)! The toasted roll is always good and they have a great selection of juices and smoothies to! They have changing specials every day too which means there's always something new to try! They also occasionally will be closed for marathons and other holidays...
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 30, 2015

Pros: Fresh and Healthy! , Affordable

Cons: Occasionally closes for marathons

Wonderful Healthy Nourishing food and Drinks - Edit

Ate here Thursday and Friday while visiting our son in Canberra. The food is wonderful, filling vegetarian or vegan.
we had the bake of the day with salad, melt in the mouth cakes
and vegetable drinks. The service is fast, from an excellent friendly group.
On both days a long line of people wait to be served, all ages

Pros: Excellent food, great value, very friendly staff

Great cafe - Edit

I visited this place for the first time today and i will be back. Its quite a small place so book ahead but the staff are great and the food is amazing. A large range of vegan options.

Pros: Excellent food, Great staff

Cons: Busy

Good value for money and good food - Edit

We went for a Saturday breakfast at My Rainbow Dreams on a recent trip to Canberra and were really happy with what we got.

We tried the big vegan breakfast which was HUGE, fabulous value for money and very yummy. The coffee tasted ok but coffee connoisseurs might not be totally satisfied.

There are a few outdoors tables and as far as we could see there wasn't much seating indoors so your visit to my Rainbow Dreams could be weather dependent. It was a very warm sunny day and we were glad to get a table that had an umbrella. I don't know if the cafe has outdoors heaters for winter.

We tried to go to My Rainbow Dreams again on Sunday but found the place closed, which is different to the opening hours Happy Cow gives. We couldn't see a sign with opening hours on the door. Maybe it was a one off or changed opening hours because it was January and still holiday time.

Next time we are in Canberra I would love to try this cafe for lunch.

Great! - Edit

My partner and I ended up here after attempting to go to Satis Cafe, which turned out to be a disaster (a detailed review of Satis Cafe can be found under it's reviews).
My Rainbow Dreams is a lovely little cafe, run by Indian women, with the food being relatively indian based.

We went to Rainbow Dreams on a Wednesday morning hoping for breakfast, however unfortunately although they open early every day, they only provide a breakfast menu on Saturday mornings. So we were stuck with lunch options for breakfast - i'm not the type to crave curry or burgers first thing!! Anyway they menu was great, and next to each option they had written whether it could be made Vegan, and/or gluten free. I chose the 'Indian Spiced Lentil Burger' on turkish bread, and my boyfriend chose a large Dhal and Rice. Both were $8.90 each which is quite reasonable, but as I am a Sydney person, I was expecting Canberra prices to be a little lower than ours, but they weren't.

My burger was quite delish, however if you have peanut allergies do NOT get this. It wasn't written on the menu; but the burger had thickly spread peanut butter/satay paste on both halves of the bread, which I wasn't expecting, and at times found tough to swallow! A great choice however if you are looking to stay full for a while!
The Dhal was lovely as well, with a slight uniquness to it.

The service was great - they ladies were kind and helpful, with a genuine understanding of veganism, and gluten free etc etc, which is just so rare and hard to find at eateries these days!!

All in all, a great choice to ditch Satis Cafe, and pop round to My Rainbow Dreams instead, even if they don't do breakfasts during the week. :)

Pros: Great, friendly service, Lots of vegan/g.f options, Yummy food!

Cons: No breakfast menu on weekdays

A lovely, friendly, little place. The girls wear colourful saris. There is inside and outside dining.

Lots of variety, I was impressed with the number of vegan options.
On my fave veg options in Canberra.

Contributions +176

Yummy in my Tummy - Edit

A little hard to find from the directions, but we eventually found it after calling and discovering it was near the post office and Woolies. Once found, it was a zen oasis, quiet saturday afternoon, outdoor seating, lots of vegan options including drinks and desserts (cakes and sorbet), yummy choice of burgers (mexican was the best) with to-die-for sauces, they said that they usually have even more vegan options like lasagne and desserts but as it was 3pm so they had already sold out :( They were well informed of vegan and gluten free meals. Once they had a few customers, the two staff couldn't look after us as well and we had to ask for our dessert that we'd already paid for after waiting for our plates to be cleared. We will definitely be back again though! Yummy!

Pros: Friendly service, Yummy burgers, vegan desserts

Cons: dessert we had seemed like mostly sugar, small

Return to Canberra Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has My Rainbow Dreams closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3901 times since Aug 2008.