First Review by nsweeney

(Not all) raw Vegan Cafe - Edit

My Nature's Delight Raw Vegan cafe has a good amount of seating, and the large space is divided up into cafe/nutrition store/grocery. They had a daily special posted and a sign for italian ice, but I still wasn't sure what kind of food we could get, because I didn't see a kitchen, as it's hidden behind an office door. Then the server brought us a couple of menus.

The raw vegan cafe is a bit of a misnomer, as they had a good selection of both raw & regular vegan items. I ordered a raw pizza and Thomas got a veggie burger. We also ordered guacamole and chips, but sadly, their avocados weren't ripe enough.

Thomas said his burger was good. It came very plainly served on sliced, multigrain bread, with lettuce, tomato, veganaise, and he thinks there may have been a pickle. Also, a good amount of round, corn tortilla chips scattered around the perimeter of the plate.

My raw pizza was awesome! It was a large square of dehydrated onion? bread, cut down the middle to make two large triangles. It had a thin layer of raw hummus, and was covered in lots and lots of finely chopped greens (which I was craving so bad!). Anything else that was on it escapes my memory (see lack of photos) but there may have been tomatoes. It was served with a generous portion of dehydrated slices of starfruit surrounding it, that made a lovely complement to the pizza. So much so that I kept adding them to all my pizza bites. SO good. I kept talking about it all day.

After eating we did a little shopping. The grocery and freezer section is crammed full of all kinds of vegan food & treats, some of which I had never even seen before, and that my WF does not carry. I talked to the owner, and she was super nice. Apparently they've been in this location since 1992, and have just kept expanding over the years. If you're in the area this is definitely THE place to check out.

PS- As far as the service being slow, that tends to be the case at all the raw places I've been to.

See the full post here at cameraphonevegan.com http://wp.me/pR1Fv-1AL

Pros: Delcious, Friendly staff, Lots of vegan grocery items

Cons: Slow

Yummy - Edit

Little cafe inside a health food store. Food is great, my only thing is they can be a bit slow so either plan for a longer lunch or order ahead. This is not a fast food restuarant. Soup is wonderful, lots of selection including gluten free and very friendly.

Pros: Very good food, friendly

Cons: Slower

Return to Winter Haven Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has My Natures Delight closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3143 times since Aug 2011.