My Little Kitchen

16-8586669

38 Jalan Padungan, Kuching, Malaysia, 93100

Serves meat, vegan options available. Scandinavian restaurant by a Finnish and Malaysian couple. Small menu with one vegan item, the barbecue tofu sandwich, but others can be veganized. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-10:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, European, Scandinavian, Non-veg

First Review by blackxcloud

just a tofu sandwich - Edit

Their only vegan/vegetarian option is a tofu sandwich. The other one is a basic vegatable wrap. Not sure why this has good review but come on... a tofu sandwich? Anyone who's had tofu knows how gross the way they cook it is. Its literally a soft tofu pan fried and smothered in a whole load of ketchup and mustard in between two slices of toasted white bread from the local store with a side of basic coleslaw. Its just sour and soggy tofu. Please at least marinate the tofu and use an extra firm tofu. Add grass to the dish and its like the bare minimum of what meat eaters expect vegans and vegetarians to eat. The place is famous for non veg meatballs and I know the owners are proud of their food (I used to visit way before I stopped eating meat and when they were still at Upper China St) so I'm surprised they would even consider adding this monstrosity on their menu. No idea why this is even listed here tbh. Plus the wait time is long and the food isnt cheap for Kuching standards.

If want to try it out yourself, it is opposite Borneo Rednecks and next to Batik boutique Hotel.

Pros: None

Cons: Two veg option only, Expensive, Not worth the time and money

Great service! - Edit

We came in and ordered the tofu sandwich (vegan) and veggie wrap. Both were amazing! The owner is the cook and his wife and son made sure we had our meals prepared just in the right way for us (ketchup and hot sauce on the side or on top? onion rings?). Great service. The place looks modern and clean. Owner is a very nice guy, perfectionist devoted to making all his customers happy with their meals. We definitely were.

Pros: Great service, Delicious food

delicious tofu sandwich - Edit

I went for the tofu sandwich and so glad I did! Big slice on pan fried tofu. I had mine with a liberal serving of ketchup and mustard, dressed shredded cabbage and sweet raw onion rings it was 👌

Be sure to mention that you're vegan and they will take care of you and customise the sandwich to your tastes.

Return to Kuching Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has My Little Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.