My Indigo

+43-662843480

Rudolfskai 8, Salzburg, Austria, 5020

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian fusion restaurant chain offering a variety of customizable dishes. Find salads, curries, sushi, and stir-fries. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by martina1988

lovely staff & decent food - Edit

My bf and I stumbled upon this place last night and we don't agree with the precious reviews!
We REALLY enjoyed it:
Small but cosy, good pricing, decent food for a chain of this type, and SUPER friendly and helpful staff - which lifted the whole experience!
Love that you can pick and choose to create your own meal, and while the food might not have been a culinary sensation, it was stil very tasty, felt fresh, and was not expensive at all. In fact, we had one portion of food each, with some extra stuff added + one large glass of wine each, it all came down to 28€, the same amount we had a burger and a coke for at A different place earlier that morning.

I would come back and would recommend it to people looking for a laid-back quick meal, not "fine-dining".

nice place and tasty food - Edit

There are a few tables in the restaurant, but unfortunately there's no toilet.
I had an african peanut curry, which was very tasty. Staff was friendly, and the food isn't too expensive, especially for the size of the portions, I was full for the whole afternoon after that lunch!
It is clearly marked which dishes are vegan and which aren't.

Pros: staff, food, price

Cons: no toilet

ok place, lacks quality - Edit

My Indigo is a rather big chain in Austria by now.
I like their veggie curry even though they still claim that they use Tofu whereas in fact it's soy chunks - which is hardly the same (taste-wise and especially texture-wise!). I remember the first time I've had it I was so confused, I thought they'd given me the chicken one and when asking, the girl assured me, it's tofu. well,...

Besides all that, this particular branch is a really really small one. I believe people usually come here and take their food away (it's located right next to a bus stop in Salzburg's old city). There's hardly any seats but taking the food out on a warm day, sitting down next to the river is a better idea anyway.
Prices (for Salzburg) are more than ok (veggie curry is 5,90), even though I find their sushi a little overpriced.
With the curry you can choose rice or couscous as a side dish - and if you ask nicely, you even get both :)
Food is nice, but usually lacks seasoning/spices. Also, it's prepared elsewhere and then just re-heated in the different branches. This might be rather regular with chains, but I don't appreciate it much. A friend of mine used to work for MyIndigo and after she told me about this, I'd rather not go anymore.
Conclusion: ok place, if you can't find anything else. but nowadays, there's plenty other options - even in Salzburg.

Pros: price, location

Cons: taste is a little boring, food is pre-prepared, then reheated, little seating options, lacks atmosphere

Veggie-curry - Edit

The veggie-curry is great !
It tastes like the chicken-curry but it is animal-friendly.

I relly like it, but it is really expensive.

I only eat there and buy something to drink somewhere else or drink the water from my SIGG-bottle, because even the tablewater is that expensive.

The should stop selling meat because the "veggie-curry" tastes like the chicken-curry but no one had to die for it.

The maki which are filled only with vegetables (cucumber/pepper) are also vegan as far as I know.

Pros: veggie-curry, 4 times in Salisburg

Cons: expensive !!, serve meat

Return to Salzburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has My Indigo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.