My Indigo

+43-662843480

Rudolfskai 8, Salzburg, Austria, 5020

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian fusion chain offering customizable dishes: salads, curries, sushi, and stir-fries. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by martina1988

Boring curries - Edit

I went here several times and the curry always disappointed me. It lacks seasoning and is reheated and therefore not really fresh. The salad was ok, but not worth the price.

Pros: Cute place

Cons: Too expensive, curries lack spices

lovely staff & decent food - Edit

My bf and I stumbled upon this place last night and we don't agree with the precious reviews!
We REALLY enjoyed it:
Small but cosy, good pricing, decent food for a chain of this type, and SUPER friendly and helpful staff - which lifted the whole experience!
Love that you can pick and choose to create your own meal, and while the food might not have been a culinary sensation, it was stil very tasty, felt fresh, and was not expensive at all. In fact, we had one portion of food each, with some extra stuff added + one large glass of wine each, it all came down to 28€, the same amount we had a burger and a coke for at A different place earlier that morning.

I would come back and would recommend it to people looking for a laid-back quick meal, not "fine-dining".

nice place and tasty food - Edit

There are a few tables in the restaurant, but unfortunately there's no toilet.
I had an african peanut curry, which was very tasty. Staff was friendly, and the food isn't too expensive, especially for the size of the portions, I was full for the whole afternoon after that lunch!
It is clearly marked which dishes are vegan and which aren't.

Pros: staff, food, price

Cons: no toilet

ok place, lacks quality - Edit

My Indigo is a rather big chain in Austria by now.
I like their veggie curry even though they still claim that they use Tofu whereas in fact it's soy chunks - which is hardly the same (taste-wise and especially texture-wise!). I remember the first time I've had it I was so confused, I thought they'd given me the chicken one and when asking, the girl assured me, it's tofu. well,...

Besides all that, this particular branch is a really really small one. I believe people usually come here and take their food away (it's located right next to a bus stop in Salzburg's old city). There's hardly any seats but taking the food out on a warm day, sitting down next to the river is a better idea anyway.
Prices (for Salzburg) are more than ok (veggie curry is 5,90), even though I find their sushi a little overpriced.
With the curry you can choose rice or couscous as a side dish - and if you ask nicely, you even get both :)
Food is nice, but usually lacks seasoning/spices. Also, it's prepared elsewhere and then just re-heated in the different branches. This might be rather regular with chains, but I don't appreciate it much. A friend of mine used to work for MyIndigo and after she told me about this, I'd rather not go anymore.
Conclusion: ok place, if you can't find anything else. but nowadays, there's plenty other options - even in Salzburg.

Pros: price, location

Cons: taste is a little boring, food is pre-prepared, then reheated, little seating options, lacks atmosphere

Veggie-curry - Edit

The veggie-curry is great !
It tastes like the chicken-curry but it is animal-friendly.

I relly like it, but it is really expensive.

I only eat there and buy something to drink somewhere else or drink the water from my SIGG-bottle, because even the tablewater is that expensive.

The should stop selling meat because the "veggie-curry" tastes like the chicken-curry but no one had to die for it.

The maki which are filled only with vegetables (cucumber/pepper) are also vegan as far as I know.

Pros: veggie-curry, 4 times in Salisburg

Cons: expensive !!, serve meat

Return to Salzburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has My Indigo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.