My Indigo - Auerspergstrasse

• Veg-friendly
Contact 662870862

Auerspergstrasse 10, Salzburg, Austria, 5020

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian fusion restaurant chain offering mixed cuisines with mainly curries, stir-fries, and sushi. A variety of ready-made meals to choose from as well as a salad bar. Various juices and drinks.

Category: Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Buffet, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by TofuCelt

nice place, lacks quality - Edit

My Indigo is a rather big chain in Austria by now.
I like their veggie curry even though they still claim that they use Tofu whereas in fact it's soy chunks - which is hardly the same (taste-wise and especially texture-wise!). I remember the first time I've had it I was so confused, I thought they'd given me the chicken one and when asking, the girl assured me, it's tofu. well,...

Besides all that, I like this particular branch as you can sit outside when the weather is nice and it's a little off which helps create a rather relaxed atmosphere.
Prices (for Salzburg!) are more than ok, even though I find their sushi a little overpriced.
With the curry you can choose rice or couscous as a side dish - and if you ask nicely, you even get both :)
Food is nice, but usually lacks seasoning/spices. Also, it's prepared elsewhere and then just re-heated in the different branches. This might be rather regular with chains, but I don't appreciate it much. A friend of mine used to work for MyIndigo and after she told me about this, I'd rather not go anymore.
Conclusion: nice place, if you can't find anything else. but nowadays, there's plenty other options - even in Salzburg.

Pros: price, location

Cons: taste is a little boring, food is pre-prepared, then reheated

Good food, nice atmosphere - Edit

I really enjoyed the "Thai Veggie Curry", but it is very expensive. If you choose the bigger version of the Curry, it is enough, but sometimes if I take the regular meal I'm still hungry. But then I eat some Maki, filled with vegetables, and they're also really good.
I like this place but I don't go there often because it definately is expensive ( € 7,10 for a big Curry )

Pros: Good, tasty food, Nice interior

Cons: Expensive, There's also meat served

Not too bad - Edit

We had read about the other My Indigo's in Salzburg here on HappyCow. However, one day while walking into the centre from our hotel, we happened to see a sign for another My Indigo near our hotel, so one day we decided to check it out. I believe there are four My Indigo's in Salzburg.

When we arrived into this My Indigo, it had a nice clean and bright interior. It was also fairly quiet. The two girls working there are quite helpful and were able to help us know what everything was.

You first have to go to the counter and choose what you want. You can also create your own salad at the salad bar but there is not a great selection. There is an okay amount of vegetarian hot foods here, but nothing great or unique. It tastes good but nothing you'd not be able to make yourself at home. They also serve meat. But, as Austria is a hugely over-priced country, this was the most 'fair' of all the places we went to. It was still expensive, but compared to elsewhere in Austria, it was the best deal. Food was good and fairly filling. The portions could be bigger though.

I don't love this place but I don't hate it eiter. Basically it was the best place we ate in Austria, in terms of 'fairness' with price over quantity and quality. But nothing special.....

Pros: Quick service

Cons: Could be more veggie options, Small portions

Return to Salzburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has My Indigo - Auerspergstrasse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1403 times since Dec 2012.