My Home Home Cultural Vegetarian Restaurant - temporarily closed

• Vegetarian

1st Floor, BinDuYuan, 15 ZaoYingBeiLi, NongZhanGuan North Rd., Chaoyang District, Beijing, China,

Chinese name: 我家家文化主题素食餐厅, address: 朝阳区农展馆北路枣营北里15号宾都苑1楼(京客隆对面). The restaurant is decorated in Chinese traditional cultural theme. No onion, garlic, leek, shallot, chive, spring onion. Informative menu with each item clearly stated as vegan, lacto, or ovo. Reported closed to HappyCow for renovations, please update.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese

First Review by xfjtjl

Temporary Closed - Edit

This restaurant is temporary closed since January 2014. As of may 2014, its still in renovation. I will post another comment to say when its reopen, I live next door.

Cons: Temporary Closed

Best in Beijing ? I LOVED IT.. - Edit

First time here tonight and so happy to have this place thanks to Happy Cow and the reviews. I am a very strict vegan with no wheat, corn, soy or tofu but this restaurant surprised with assortment, taste and flavours. I had a delicious soup, salad, multiple trips to the buffet and could have had the hot pot....all for 58 yuan. Amazing. While the young staff did not speak English, or lacked some confidence...it was so cute if not innocent to see the boys and girls giggling and they egged each other on to speak to me. I felt very comfortable here and one of the young female staff had near perfect English so all was fine...

Pros: Staff Super Nice, Clean/bright, Food Selection

Cons: English Could Be Better

Fresh food - Edit

I went here last night for the first time and found the food fresh and tasty. The restaurant is not expensive at all even though HappyCow claims it is. There are some really expensive menu items, but we ordered 3 courses and a drink for 2 people and it was only 112 RMB. Everything tasted fresh and was well prepared.

The restaurant uses both egg and dairy, so vegans beware. But the menu has colorful markings on the dishes if they are fully vegetarian, have egg, are spicy, etc. So with some basic Chinese it's easy to find vegan options. I recommend the meat with taro root.

The Happy Cow map marking is not correct, the restaurant is actually on Nongzhanguan Beilu, just after the small canal. There is an April Gourmet in the same building.

Pros: fresh food, not expensive

Cons: not vegan, uses both egg and dairy

Unassuming and delicious - Edit

From the outside this place looks does not look special at all. But the food is really delicious. We had a vegan "Pekin Duck" which was excellent. We also tried some rolls that were delicious for appetisers. Furthermore, the place is not expensive. This was really great! They don't speak much English but the menu is full of large pictures.

Pros: Great food, Lots of variety

Marvellous healthy DIY steamboat promotion 25% dis - Edit

Visited the restaurant again yesterday nite. We tried the ala carte steamboat and are very satisfied with it. The mushroom soup stock is delicious and the food are fresh and tasty. We ordered 9 dishes for the steamboat costing only RMB120(after 25%promotion discount). Beside this, they have a free point accumulating programme, awarding 1 point for each RMB1 spent when guest finished all their food and no "ta pau". These points can be then be used to order food.
This is the most healthy vegetarian meal we have had since we arrived Beijing. Good, keep it up!

Pros: very friendly staff, healthy, cheap, delicious steamboat, promote good social values

Return to Beijing Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has My Home Home Cultural Vegetarian Restaurant - temporarily closed closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1475 times since Sep 2011.