CLOSED: My Heart Beats Vegan

Neckarvorlandstr. 17 (at behind the MVV-Bulding), Mannheim, Germany, 68159

Its 2nd vegan restaurant, opened May 2016. On the menu are burgers, salads, pasta, cakes. Kitchen stops 9pm. The company also operates mobile food trucks serving the Rhein-Neckar region. Confirmed closed December 2016. Kitchen stops 9pm. Closed Mon.

Categories: Vegan, International, Western, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by hyphie

Good - Edit

So great to have another vegan restaurant in Mannheim! My Heart Beats Vegan is a lovely restaurant with a very nice and comfortable atmosphere.

I ordered the New York Classic Burger and it was good. The patty was a bit crumbly and fell a part a bit when I ate it, but overall it was a tasty meal. I also ordered the sweet potato fries and they were good as well.

Another time that I went to my heart beats vegan I ordered the Speculaas Brownie. It was okay, although a bit dry and tasted a few days old, probably wouldn't order it again.

Overall it's a very nice vegan restaurant and I would definitely go back to try more things on the menu!

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-12

Pros: Good food, good service, nice atmosphere

Cons: dry brownie, crumbly burger patty

Friendly; full selection of food and drinks - Edit

Very friendly team, lots of space, fresh food. Garlic-free options could be arranged. Self-made, fine lemonades. Full selection of everything, not just burgers.

yammie - Edit

very delicious food and nice atmosphere. a lot of wheat free or even gluten free dishes!

Incredible - Edit

Went to this restaurant for the first time yesterday with my parents who are not vegan. We ordered the tomato soup, the hummus starter and three different burgers with sweet potato chips and a garden salad. Everything was outstandingly tasty and super fresh. The tomato soup was the highlight in my opinion. My parents where also so pleased with everything that they want to go back soon to try more of their food. Also, the interior design is lovely and the waitress was super nice and observant. Great place! The prices are also affordable.

Nice place, generous portions! - Edit

This 100% vegan restaurant has opened on April 30th, 2016. They offer mostly burgers, as well as a few pasta dishes and salads and a weekly special. Desserts are displayed at the food counter, they're not on the menu.

The restaurant itself is kind of hard to find, but once you're inside it's really big, new and clean. It's family-friendly too, with a few high chairs and a play/draw area for children.

We had two burgers, potato wedges, sweet potato fries, as well as a huge slice of cheesecake.

The portion sizes are really big. The burgers themselves are big, and they don't skimp on the sides - next time we'll be sharing. We split the slice of cheesecake in two and it was still a generous serving.

I ordered a "Texas High Noon" burger, but unfortunately they were out of the crispy soy patty so I had to get a falafel patty instead. It was good anyway, but I hope to be able to taste the real thing next time! The restaurant has been open for 2 weeks at this point so I guess a few shortages are to be expected while they figure out the local demand.

I highly recommend the sweet potato fries, which were delicious and crispy! The cheesecake was really good as well, light and fresh. The only downside was that about half of the burgers are made with falafel patties, which taste more life falafel than burgers, obviously. There are a few alternatives though, which we'll check out next time!

Pros: generous portions, delicious fries, nice, clean atmosphere

Return to Mannheim Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: My Heart Beats Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.