My Heart Beats Vegan

Kriegsstrasse 94, Karlsruhe, Germany, 76133

Its first vegan restaurant, opened in 2015. On the menu are burgers, salads, pasta, cakes. The company also operates mobile food trucks serving the Rhein-Neckar region. Open Tue-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm. Food served until 9pm. Closes January month.

Category: Vegan, International, Organic, Western, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by snokatt

Best cakes - Edit

My Heart Beats Vegan is a great vegan eatery in Karlsruhe, best known for their burgers and their cakes, both of which are awesome. The other things on the menu sound appealing, but can't really live up to expectations. Don't get me wrong, the dishes are alright, just rather unexciting and overpriced. The burgers aren't cheap either though. To be fair, everything seems to be high quality.
The interior is quite nice, you'll feel comfortable. Service was good, although staff didn't seem that enthusiastic about what they are doing.
I would consider their range of cakes to be their biggest perk. The dips are notable as well.

Pros: awesome cakes (huge range)

Cons: overpriced

yummy and super tasty!! Hammer:) - Edit

Ich war mittlerweile auch schon öfters hier. Sehr zu empfehlen. Immer lecker und stylisches Ambiente!

So so lovely - Edit

I had one of the falafel burgers (the one with walnuts in it) and it tasted uniquely anazing. Same with the sweet potato fries. Will definetly come back here!
The staff is really nice and welcoming too!

Pros: All vegan restaurant, Lovely terrace

Ganz okay - Edit

Burger sind in Ordnung, aber ich hatte schon häufig bessere vegane Burger. Pommes sind okay. Preis/Leistung in meinen Augen nicht gut, da Portionen recht klein sind. Vielleicht bin ich nicht der beste Maßstab, da ich immer relativ viel esse, aber für 12€ wäre ich zumindest gerne satt.

Sehr sehr lecker - Edit

Sehr leckere vegane Burger und die Süßkartoffelpommws sind der Hammer!

Jederzeit wieder!

Teasty Burger - Edit

Friendly and pleasant atmosphere. The Burget was teasty. Burger, Salades and Pasta in the Menu.

wonderful food and service - Edit

so many appetizing choices on the menu that it was hard to choose!The menu is in Germany only, but the server spoke English and helped us decide on the tofu di Milano Salad, the curry falafel beet burger and the Texas burger. it was all amazing and very filling! we got an amazing chocolate and peanut butter cake to go and enjoyed it later. They also sell terrific chocolate bars and other goodies. really wonderful.

Pros: all vegan, outdoor seating

The most wonderful "Donauwelle" - Edit

This place was awesome when we went!

We had two burgers, one with dijon mustard sauce, battered tofu, tomatoes, rocket and grilled mushrooms as well as one with tzatziki, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onions, salad and a crispy soypatty. Both came in a (we think) homemade wholemeal spelt bun and were super delicious (especially the dijon mustard one). The side of crispy country potatoes was good as well.

Our highlight was the dessert, however, a homemade "Donauwelle" - a marble cake with cherries, cream and chocolate icing. DELICIOUS!

Another plus was the cozy atmosphere - there is a little courtyard that's nice to sit in when it's warm - and the super friendly staff :)

Pros: Great food, especially the cake, Fair prices, Friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Delicious and huge dinner! - Edit

My Heart Beats Vegan is a spacious vegan restaurant with some awesome food. The salad was actually as big as I make mine at home. We all were super-full and satisfied. Furthermore, we had a very pleasant chat with a girl from Latvia who gave us a bunch of good advice for Riga.

Pros: Friendly service, Big portions, Excellent food

Not perfect - Edit

Our first visit here: We took a detour on our way home from the Bodensee just to eat here. Due to traffic and the innercity issues in Karlsruhe, we arrived about 35 minutes before closing time.
The owner was friendly enough but informed us that we could only order from a choice of three burgers still available. The burgers came and were ok ... but not up to the advertising and fan-posts online.
Rather dry, not enough sauce, buns a little stale. Well, it WAS the end of the business day, so I kind of understand. The lack of sauce though, combined with lukewarm non-crispy fries: a No-No.
Our second visit, 6 months later: What should have been an afternoon delight left me a little perplexed. At a table of four, we ordered 3 slices of cake a la maison and I, thankfully, had a cookie (which was good, a little too much sugar for my taste).
The coffee was ok but the only choice milk was soy and I don't like the taste in my coffee at all.
Cappuccino, espresso, milk-coffee all were ok, but not a reason to go there again.
NOW the thing was, we ordered 3 slices of cake and we got three slices but obviously they should have told us there were onlny two slilces left ... the guys didn't know if it was ok to take pics so in the end they talked to the service person and got one of the three slices half of after the guy admitted there had only been two left when we ordered and no other cream cake available.
In my world, that is NOT how you do it.
There would have been charming ways to let us know and maybe lose 4 Euros for a slice of cake (which had already been sold, so, not really a loss at all). This way, they lost potentially good and loyal customers due to petiness. Sorry.

Pros: Very nice interieur, Clean and light, available for business meetings, good choice of burgers and various side dishes

Cons: Unprofessional service / handling, Quality of food not up to standards

Awesome vegan restaurant - Edit

I go here regularly with friends and family and everybody loves it here. I tried nearly all the burgers (and they are all really good) and the muffins are the best.
The staff is also very nice and helpful.

Pros: Good menu, Nice staff, Prices are reasonable

Very good burger - Edit

A spacious restaurant with a nice atmosphere.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday March 09, 2016

Pros: Very good burger and sweet potatoe fries. Has got

Cons: A bit expensive

Damn good! - Edit

This has got to be the best vegie/vegan joint I've been to in Germany. Or any kind of German eatery for that matter. Simple menu with the best burgers and fries in the country. Amazing desserts too. Staff are really friendly and totally relaxed atmosphere. I was totally depressed by German food until this place. Thanks! Now i just gotta get to Karlsruhe more often.

Pros: Burgers, Fries, Staff

Super lecker - Edit

Sehr schönes Lokal, die Burger sind einfach toll, das Ambiente ist klasse und der Laden ist trotz seiner Größe sehr gemütlich.

Pros: Große Auswahl an Veganen Speisen

best restaurant in the area! - Edit

Wow! This place is amazing. Super yummy food, good variety to please everyone's taste buds, and a very beautiful and impressive interior design. It's so much bigger than I had expected and yet the place was buzzing on a Wednesday night. Awesome! also the staff is super friendly. Highly recommend!

2 Responses

SandraPauly 11 Nov 2015 - I agree 100%
:-) :-)

Plantpower 11 Nov 2015 - :-)

Karlsruhe goes vegan - Edit

Und wie?! Eine tolle Location, mega gross, stilvoll eingerichtet, super freundliches und aufmerksames Personal und sehr leckeres Essen.

Delicious - Edit

Cool vibe, very nice personnel, delicious food (we had the starter plate, a cake and some alcohol-free beer).

Nice restaurant, somewhat limited menu - Edit

Food was good, all vegan, nice atmosphere. it has the setup of a restaurant but menu is limited to burgers, pasta, and salads. prices are average for a restaurant as well, paid 12 euro for a burger and a side salad.
the garden looked nice but the place was packed (Friday evening) so I was lucky to find a table at all. the staff was very polite but it might be a good idea to attract their attention somehow since there's there separate areas to cover

also it has a nice vibe since everyone seemed to know each other but it got a bit noisy in the main room. also, some music would have been nice

Pros: nice atmosphere, English menu (if you all for it), garden!

Cons: limited to burgers and pasta for main courses

Return to Karlsruhe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has My Heart Beats Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.