My Govinda's Restaurant

• ( 4 reviews )

Offers an extensive menu. Healthier cooking using little or no oil. No garlic or onion. Located on the street behind the Regent Palace Hotel, near 1st Street. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-3:30pm, 7:00pm-12:00am. Call for hours - tell us.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Buffet

First Review by SatyenPatel

hokusai77

Points +12794

28 Feb 2021

Indian vegan cuisine

Vegan dishes are clearly labelled on the menu, and the staff is friendly. I had broccoli AMS cauliflower in spicy sauce, and a rich bean and lentil dal with basmati rice.

Pros: Good vegan choice

SadbhujaCaitanyaDas

Points +17

30 Jul 2019

Exceptional service, value and food

Genuinely the best Indian food I have had in Dubai - vast menu with thali options but also select signified dishes, presented wonderfully (we had the rice in clay pots and the tandoori platters just to name a couple of dishes - divine!) 5 stars!

Pros: Amazing service, Incredible selection of dishes, Very reasonable pricing

gsbito

Points +59

05 Nov 2014

The healthiest version of Indian food I've eaten

The restaurant boasts that they their food is 100% oil free, and also contains no garlic, no onions, and no mushrooms. So I expected no flavor as well. I was surprised at how good every dish I sampled was. They have a large menu to choose from - a coworker of mine from the region was familiar with many of the dishes so he did the ordering for the six of us, he actually ordered a bit too many dishes but that gave me a chance to get a taste of several things and each one was very tasty, not like the bland Indian food I find back home in Miami. My only disappointment is that there is no Thali on the dinner menu, so if I were dining alone I would not be interested since I would then only order one dish (meant to be shared) instead of getting a variety of tastes. The prices were a bit on the high side, but not unreasonable.

We weren't exactly sure of the restaurant's location, but my smartphone's map and GPS brought us there. As they advertise, it is located on the street behind the Regent Palace Hotel so it is on Street 4A in the Al Karama section of Dubai, near 1st Street. You'll know you are in the right place when you walk in and see a large fake tree coming up from the floor and covering the majority of the ceiling.

Pros: No oil, Huge menu, Tourist friendly

Cons: large (meant to be shared) entrees, No Thali on dinner menu, Prices on the high side

SatyenPatel

Points +13

11 Dec 2012

Excellent Cusine

Whenever i visit Govinda's... i feel new.... everytime surprised by variety of taste it offers.... just WOW!!!!!

Return to Dubai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has My Govinda's Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.