My Free Kitchen

Contact +33148016764

1 bis rue Bleue, Paris, France, 75009

Serves meat, vegan options available. Gluten-free and lactose-free Parisian restaurant. Saturday is brunch. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-4:00pm.

Category: Ovo, Organic, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, French, Non-veg

First Review by Ricardo

Vegan-friendly and 100% Lactose-free. - Edit

I was not planning to go there; but since my other options around the area didn't work out, I decided to give it a try.

I went around 2pm on a weekday, and took only a dessert and a drink.
At that time the place was relatively calm; the staff was nice and polite, and showed knowledge of what veganism is about.
They post their menu everyday on their Facebook page, so please check it to confirm vegan options.

I had a vegan crumble, and a coffee.
The crumble was crunchy enough, the portion was generous (lots of fruits), and the coffee also was good.

The staff mentioned that their soup and salad is always vegan (although it's not marked as such in their menu), and that the "plat de jour" sometimes is (they mark it as vegan when it is). Also, that there is always a vegan option for the desserts.
Additionally, I notice that they sell Prof. Grunschnabel ice-creams, which is always a plus during the warmer months coming soon!

The Poissoniere area is packed with vegan places (thankfully!), so probably if this place were somewhere else it would get more attention from the vegan community (including me). But perhaps if you think of it of a place for a light meal (at least you could get a soup and salad), it might be a good option.

(I just realized I forgot to ask if they serve meat, as from what I saw it seems they don't!)
If only they were also egg-free! :)

Pros: knowledge of veganism, good value, friendly staff

Cons: not fully vegan

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has My Free Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1021 times since May 2015.