First Review by Ranks42

YUMMMY! - Edit

So wonderful! Just got 3 sandwiches (2 to give to friends) from here and might eat them all! This is my second vegan Banh Mi try in Vietnam and this place is so much better! They use fresh herbs, which makes it extra delicious. The bread is soft and the sauce is made right in the shop. You can dine in with some hot tea or take to go. The location is accurate . Staff is very friendly as well!

Best Bánh Mì Yet - Edit

Gorgeous, delicious, quaint bánh mì served by devotees of Supreme Master Ching Hai (of the Loving Hut restaurant chain). The bread is thin and crispy, the fillings diverse and creative (if sparse, but this seems to be how it's done in Vietnam), and only 7 K each, so cheap enough to buy a few if you're hungry.

Pros: delicious , cheap , VEGAN

Disappointing! - Edit

OK, so I walked about 30 mins to get here, I'm sitting here now having just finished one of the rolls. As I walked up to the counter the younger lady behind it went off to the dude to spit and it dribbled down her mouth and then she wiped it away with her hand and continued to make my food... because I ordered 3 an older lady helped too.

I've never seen such bad hygiene from the younger lady, it totally soured my eager experience, after seeing all the good reviews. I managed to stomach one of the rolls the older lady made... but seriously... wiping away spit and then making food for a customer without washing your hands...

Horrible!

The food was ok... I think the experience ruined it though. I hope I don't get sick.

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-08

Pros: Tasty and cheap roll., Seemed like nice people.

Cons: Disgusting hygiene!!!, Making food with saliva on your hands...

Don't Leave Hue Without One - Edit

Warm, crusty baguette with the freshest salad, tofu and very tasty sauce. I'm going back tomorrow, and then again the next dat. Perfect eating while wandering the market across the river.

Pros: Fresh, Kind to animals, Support a very small business

Cons: Not available 24/7!

Delicious Banh Mi, Sweet People! - Edit

I took others' advice and got there before 10am. It was just half an hour before closing so it looked like they might be running low, but still had enough ingredients to fill my order of 4 sandwiches (wanted them for breakfast and for lunch!). From what others have written it sounds like they are a little different every day, but mine were damn spicy! Spicy but oh so delicious and fresh! When I heard the sound of them cutting through the baguette's crust I knew it was going to be amazing--and it was!

After I paid they all wanted to get their picture taken with me. I guess they don't get a lot of foreigners there. Such sweet people though, I will definitely return before I leave Hue. Oh, and they are still only 7,000 dong each!

Pros: delicious, fresh, cheap

Cons: breakfast only

Banh mi for breakfast - Edit

Finally made it here on the morning I was leaving Huế, because the two previous days I hadn't realised the stand shuts at 10am. It's just a simple operation, but a good one, and definitely a must for travelling (and non-travelling) vegans in the city to try. Delicious banh mi for breakfast, and a couple to take on the train with me. Three cost me VND21K.

Updated from previous review on 2016-06-22

Pros: Delicious banh mi, Cheap

Cons: Shuts really early

fast and affordable - Edit

We were doing a city tour at 8am so we made the trek here at 7, and it was worth it!
I love that the food cart itself has a giant green "Vegan" decal on it.
the sandwiches are only $8,000VND. The owner is very friendly and helpful.
Make sure you wake up early and get here before she's gone!

Best Bánh Mì in Vietnam! - Edit

My Chay Tam Duc makes the best bánh mì sandwiches I’ve ever eaten. Local friends introduced me to this cute joint, and each sandwich I ordered and enjoyed over the course of several days was fresh, unique, and delicious.

One morning we were the first customers to arrive and met the husband and wife who run the restaurant as they arrived from the market with fresh herbs, greens, and sauces from the market. They prepared our food in a clean workspace and wrapped them for us to take away.

The restaurant’s setting is pretty basic, but the food more than makes up for any simplicity. What is more, these bánh mì are good to go!

Pros: delicious food, great value, friendly staff

Cons: basic interior seating, not open all day, food can run out by the afternoon

Return to Hue Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has My Chay Tam Duc - Banh Mi Chay Food Cart closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.