MuYe - Mottainai Plant-Based Whole Food Cafe

30, Gunan St, Gushan District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 802

木葉粗食 at 鼓南街30號 is a farm-to-table cafe serving western-fusion menu and sources most of the organic ingredients from its own farm and other local farmers. Seasonal menu includes items such as soups, sandwiches, pita, raw and cooked desserts (chocolate pie, brownie, ice-cream), tea, single-origin coffee with macadamia/almond milk. Labels gluten-free and buddhist items. Contemporary setting. Est. 2015 previously at 57, Linquan St. Open Mon 9:00am-5:00pm, Thu-Sat 9:00am-5:00pm, Sun 8:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Bakery, Fusion, Taiwanese

First Review by cherryblossom153

BRILLIANT PLACE - Edit

This place has everything; super tasty food and drinks (which is mostly locally produced), a nice interior and very friendly staff. For people like me, who needs English translation, the staff speaks English fluently (or at least when I have been there) and there is an English menu. Simply just perfect!

They also make the best espresso I had in ages.

Updated from previous review on 2018-02-12

Pros: super tasty food , locally produced, a very friendly and cosy place

Cons: nothing to complain about

Delightful vegan café - Highly recommend! - Edit

Love this place. Everything is vegan. I've been back many times. My favourites were the "chicken" burger, falafel pitas, pumpkin soup, latte with homemade macadamia nut milk, matcha latte with homemade macadamia nut milk and cheesecake. I'm looking forward to coming back again soon. The staff are so nice and they take great care in making beautiful dishes (for example, check out my photo of the cheesecake). They are quick, helpful and can speak English if you need. They always bend over backwards to make sure that we are enjoying ourselves. They source their food from local farmers and focus on organic. They also give us discounts on our bill because we bike to the restaurant, so be sure to bring your bike! Delighted to see a good vegan restaurant in the area.

Pros: Delicious vegan food , Helpful and friendly staff, Great atmosphere

Cons: Somewhat expensive, Small portions, Nothing else - Loved it and it was worth the money

Organic vegan food - Edit

The first time I went there, they didn't have any vegan food. Everything was sold out!
But I still went there a few times after that and their vegan food is good. I love their organic tea but I would say that their meals are nothing special. They recently also changed the menu, so now they don't serve any burgers. Their raw cheese cake was good but still frozen when I got it. I have eaten raw cake before but it was never frozen! So I didn't really like that. Their portions are very tiny!! For example before when I got a burger with fries and soup, the soup was really watery and I just got like 4 really tiny fries. If the fries would have an actual normal size I would say that they just gave me one haha!
The owners are really friendly though and if you have any questions you can ask them on Facebook (also in English), the staff in the restaurant doesn't speak English.

Pros: Friendly staff, Organic and healthy food

Cons: Tiny portions, Expensive, Boring menu

Return to Kaohsiung Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has MuYe - Mottainai Plant-Based Whole Food Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.