Mustard Seed Cafe - Montrose

Contact 330-666-7333

3885 W Market St, Akron, Ohio, USA,

Serves meat, vegan options available. The cafe is located within the market and offers a daily macrobiotic meal, vegan and vegetarian food. Brunch is served on Sundays.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Vegetarian1994

Innovative menu and completely organic. - Edit

Mustard Seed Market is one of my favorite places, they have high quality ingredients and an innovative menu. Mustard Seed is a locally owned grocery store but they have a cafe's in each of the locations. The menus are well thought out and only use the best ingredients in the dishes. Mustard Seed also has great classes and informational seminars based on nutrition if this is something that you are interested in. They also have a coffee bar and juices.

Pros: Friendly staff, Organic

Excellent food and great service! - Edit

In the past I haven't been thrilled with Mustard Seed Cafe. However, last night's food and service, completely changed my mind. I don't know if they have a new chef but everything was wonderful. The menu was filled with wholesome, delicious, simple food. There was something for everyone (vegan/vegetarian or meat eater). Our server was attentive and knew the menu and wine list well. Ambiance was lovely and there was live music.

Pros: Great service, Live music, Extensive menu

Great food! - Edit

My wife and I were in Akron for a friends wedding and we stayed at a hotel near The Mustard Seed Cafe. It looked like a grocery store from the outside so we went in to check it out to get some supplies we needed. Little did we know there was a full fledged restaurant upstairs! They had a small folk band playing and the atmosphere was very nice. It seemed that almost everything on the menu could be made vegan and it was all clearly marked. I had the tempeh reuben and it was fantastic. The next morning we went here for breakfast and had several awesome vegan items off the buffet. I wish I didn't live 9 hours away!

Pros: Cool Atmospher, Great Food

new chef new menu @Mustard Seed - Edit

Scot Jones formerly from VegiTerranean - the vegan restaurant that closed is now at Mustard Seed and they have revamped the menu -still many of the old favorites but also new vegan dishes and sides. The best thing about the new menu is that each dish is clearly labeled vegetarian or vegan or not.

Love the deli and bakery - Edit

I love the mustard seed pre made foods. They have great vegan options for pre-made lunches and dinners. The bakery also has lots of vegan options which are great (especially the carrot macrobiotic muffins and double chocolate cookies). The cafe is just ok. I tend to think that the vegetarian/vegan options are a bit bland and expensive. But I try to support them when I can because there are not a lot of restaurants with so many vegan options.

Pros: great pre made options, vegan baked goods!

Cons: bland cafe foods , sometimes a little pricey

Return to Akron Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mustard Seed Cafe - Montrose closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1715 times since Jan 2012.