First Review by ADAH

The best veggie cafe around! - Edit

My husband and I come here regularly and no matter how many other veggie restaurants and cafes we go to, we always agree that this place is our favourite. The lentil dhal is amazing and I often have to be persuaded to have something different, but I'm never disappointed when I do. I have noticed that they are doing a lot more vegan friendly dishes lately too, which is great. The cafe itself is very basic and the service isn't always the friendliest, but it's worth it just for the food!

Pros: Delicious food, Multiple vegan options, Reasonably priced

Cons: A little cramped, Not always the friendliest service

yummy - Edit

food is served at 12 till 2:30 bring cash as they do not have card facilities the staff are lovely will talk you about everything on the menu and the food is to die for very happy tum

Pros: vegan options on main meals including specials, good pricedlots of tea

good vegan food, freshly made - Edit

A healthy, beautiful meal. My husband and I are both vegan and there were lots of choices. I had a jacket potato with vegan cheese and it was beautiful erred with a choice of incredible salads, pea humus, red cabbage, tomato and onion all first class. My husband had a vegan pasta bake, it was so much more than that, full of flavour... then two lemon drizzle cakes, not the usual dry vegan cake, but so moist and full lemon flavour... a delight to eat there...

Mixed experiences - Edit

I was thrilled that a vegetarian cafe was opening in my home town, and have been here several times. The food is always delicious, there are several options, and it's not too expensive. Most of the times I have been in the service was very friendly.

However, the one time I took my mum in there, the service was so rude, it was unbelievable. Food is only served until 2.30pm, and we went in at about 2.20 - the woman behind the counter made it so clear that she didn't want to serve us, didn't give us choice of salads (which they normally do) and gave us (unusually) tiny portions. As there was plenty of food left over, I was confused as to why she seemed so unwilling to sell food that would have otherwise gone to waste... It turns out she was waiting to leap on the left overs (there was still plenty left), but having worked in food service myself, I thought it was very unprofessional.

My mum is swearing never to go back, and if this kind of behaviour is common I don't think they're going to retain a large customer base. I'm really quite sad, as it was so promising. All the same, when I am next in Ipswich I will probably give it another go - fingers crossed!
Updated from previous review on Friday August 28, 2015

Pros: Finally vegetarian in Ipswich, tasty food, good value

Cons: Unfriendly member of staff, Limited serving times

Fresh wholesome food - Edit

I have been to this cafe a few times over the past couple of years. I went with a fellow vegan and 3 non vegetarian friends for my birthday lunch last weds and again was not disappointed with the food. I opted for the mushroom and walnut pate which comes with a choice of 3 salad, some green salad and bread. I always leave feeling satisfied but not stuffed and it is very well priced. Not only that that but the staff are wonderful and so accommodating. The only thing I would suggest would be to add another vegan option.

Pros: Fresh and filling food, Cheap, Friendly staff

Daily Specials - Edit

Excellent food, the menu changes daily and always has vegan options. The soup was among the best I've ever had. The other dishes were excellent as well.

Pros: Delicious food

Cons: Not open for dinner

Return to Ipswich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Museum Street Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2704 times since Sep 2012.