Muse Thai Bistro

• Veg-friendly
Contact 603-647-5547

581 Second St Ste C, Manchester, New Hampshire, USA, 03102

Serves meat, vegan options available. Typical Thai food restaurant. Has tofu dishes and vegetable dishes, and makes food to order so you could specify. Previously named Siam Orchid.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by michelec

Very Happy Cow - Edit

Their menu might not be the most vegan friendly ever (it's definitely vegan friendly!), but the staff certainly is. This was our 3rd time. 2 sit down & 1 takeout. Hospitality is a shining star with them. We're always made to feel valued, which goes a super long way with us.

As for the food, it's quality, delicious & abundant! The cocktails are poured generously, as well. No complaints!

What truly strikes me, and prompted me to write a review, which I never take the time to do (I should, but I just haven't), is how respected we've felt as vegans. We've always made a point of saying we're vegan. Today, when we ordered from the vegetarian menu, something wasn't vegan. The owner/manager (not sure which) came over to tell us that the dish was not vegan, but then quickly offered a solution, by verbally crafting a dish that sounded superior to what we'd just ordered...& it was scrumptious & inspired The gentleman also said that his wife was vegan & he understood. Awesome!!! Now that Cafe Indigo is abandoning the community, it's nice to have another spot that isn't TOO far away. Already looking forward to returning! I highly recommend!

Pros: Fresh & abundant , Respectful of veganism, Great service

Cons: During busy times, parking can be dicey, Sushi rolls are tiny, All vegan items should be marked clearly

Great Vegan Place. - Edit

I have been Eating at Muse for over a year now and there food is terrific. Hugh Vegan Selections and they are willing to make changes according to your liking and lifestyle. Another plus about this place is that they can make items on the Menu Gluten Free. Stir-fried Eggplant, Tofu Ginger and Scallions, Mango Tofu, Sweet and Sour Delight and Pad Puck Gaprow are some of my favorite on trays. The Parking is bit tough on a Friday but well worth it. Rumors that they are adding a Sushi bar that is Vegan Friendly too. That would be awesome!!

Pros: Large Vegan Selections, Gluten Free Available, Great Tasting

Cons: Parking is a bit difficult, The Place can be packed at times

Disappointed! - Edit

My wife and I visited Muse Thai Bistro on Friday for lunch with our 4 year old son and were quite disappointed. The restaurant was completely understaffed. The lone worker was responsible for order taking, bussing tables, seating diners, and answering the telephone for take out orders. This of course resulted in poor service in that she failed to deliver a beverage for my son and then neglected to follow up with us once the food was delivered. We found the food to be fairly expensive. For example my wife ordered a tofu dish with mango that was $16. The odd thing was that there was no trace of mango in the dish. When we received the checked we were a bit surprised that they charged an additional $2 for the brown rice that the waitress mentioned was available (without mentioning the additional fee). This only added to our disappointment since only then did we realize that we paid $18 for a mango tofu dish that didn't contain any mango. My vegetarian entree on the other hand was reasonably priced and more inline with our expectations. With that said I don't believe we will be returning in the future. I can think of many other restaurants that offer more attentive service and reasonably priced foods at a lower cost.

Pros: Atmosphere

Cons: Poor service, Cost, Food missing ingredients

Good option in a smallish city - Edit

I ate here one night while staying in Manchester. They have a vegetarian section of their menu and use the word "vegan" several times so I figured they knew what it meant. I had an easy time ordering and enjoyed my noodle dish. The portions were large - I took my leftovers back to my hotel room and got two more small meals out of it. The food was good and they are open late.

Pros: good food , easy to order vegan, open late

Cons: also serves meat

Return to Manchester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Muse Thai Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2031 times since Aug 2007.