• Muse Kitchen by Elefin Coffee

Thai
Western
Asian
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a wide selection of vegetarian and vegan choices as well as dishes that can be modified to be vegan. 1 of 2 locations, this branch within the grounds of Museum Siam. Open Tue-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Venue map for Muse Kitchen by Elefin Coffee
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by npax27

Versh

Points +23

Mostly Veg
10 Sep 2020

Little options but won't leave you starving

We were drinking coffee in this coffeshop, it was raining hard outside and I realised I was hungry. So I browsed the menu and there weren't many appetizing vegan options really. I was like whatever, I'll ask for fried rice. Friend rice in the menu appeared only with chicken and pork but I asked for just veggie rice, no egg. The rice was meh, as tasty as fried rice can get. The nice thing is that they offered to make it with tofu instead, although it wasn't on the menu.

Updated from previous review on 2020-09-10

JasBerrill

Points +34

16 Feb 2019

Not many options at all

Nice cafe but with only 1 or 2 vegetarian /vegan options. I got the curry with roti. Other choice was spring rolls and that seems to be about it. Staff don't seem to speak much English so hard to communicate dietary requirements.

Pros: Nice spot after going around Siam Museum, Easy

Cons: Not many options, Language barriers

npax27

Points +240

16 Jan 2019

Tasty Papaya Salad in a Great Location!

Theyy were all out of the first item I wanted to order, which was tea leaf wraps. So I ordered a curry set, as well as a papaya salad. The curry set was a little odd, as it contained a few local style noodle options and then spaghetti as well. The curry didn’t go well with the spaghetti, so they are better off leaving that out. Or maybe order the curry set and request something other than the spaghetti. The curry itself was tasty. I wanted black sticky rice, but they were all out. The papaya salad was actually part of a set that included fried chicken, but I requested the papaya salad only and boy did they make me one huge papaya salad! I could have just eaten that and been satisfied! It was bery fresh and delicious.

To wrap things up, I wanted to order an espresso but only if I could add some coconut milk to it. They didn’t have coconut milk, which was disappointing. They put a lot of emphasis on how their coffee is locally sourced, which is great, and I think they were a coffee house before also becoming a cafe. However, if an establishment prioritizes their coffee, they need to have almond, soy, and coconut milk options for those who don’t consume dairy.

The only reason why I am giving this place 4 stars instead of 5 is because they did not have 2 items they advertised on the menu and an additional 3rd item that I requested. Otherwise they are a nice little cafe, with veg options, in a nice location.

They accept credit cards of the order is a minimum of 500 baht.

Pros: Vegan options, Location

Cons: Out of some items, Atmosphere is a little stuffy