Musashi Exotic Japanese Vegan & Sake Bar

678 W Street Rd (at Buck Rd), Feasterville, Pennsylvania, USA, 19053

Serves meat, vegan options available. As the name implies, offers a large selection of vegan dishes; at least one in each category (including desserts). Cuisine is based on Shojin (Japanese vegan) following traditional Japanese cooking method. Owned and operated by Japanese. Has over 12 vegan appetizers including a sampler platter. Open Tue-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Thu-Fri 12:00pm-3:00pm, Fri 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sat 1:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-9:00pm. Closed Mon.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Non-veg

First Review by miniu81

Superior Vegan (and non-vegan) Sushi - Edit

I would never disagree with a review or opinion or a reviewer. Heck, some people like Coldplay or The Cowboys, go figure.

This aside, I'm surprised to read that other reviewers found a lack of -vegan- options at Musashi. I found quite the opposite. Perhaps we meet in the middle and determine that Musashi has good-great vegan options and also good-great non-vegan options.

I would prefer to find an establishment where I can take non-vegans so that they are comfortable, can chose options they prefer, and possible explore vegan options. Mushashi is exactly such a location.

I've taken multiple non-vegan and vegan friends and they all (not hyperbole) have given a glowing thumbs up in regards to the food, ambience, and ownership.

In regards to the lack of -vegan- options. I'll take a shot.
- Vegan Green Roll
- Vegan Pink Roll
- Multiple Vegan 'single' rolls: I'm recalling 6-8.
- Multiple Vegan appetizers: I'm recalling 3-5.
- Multiple Vegan entrees outside of sushi: I'm recalling 3 or 4.
- A Vegan dessert option or two.

My experience with vegan sushi has been varied. Often, a restaurant will offer a few poorly executed simple veggie rolls. Musashi exudes quality, uniqueness, and attention-to-detail in even the simplest of items. Again, I avoid hyperbole unless I'm referring to the idiots currently in charge of the United States. Oops. Not food related. I legitimately feel that every item ordered (appetizers, 'simple' rolls, dessert) has been flavorful, detailed, and clearly a dedicated effort by the staff.

I may invoke a call from the Vegan Police, but, I should also assert that a certain non-vegan sushi expert I associate with was thoroughly pleased with Musashi and echoed similar sentiments.

Sure, service can be a bit slow. Go to Taco Bell if you desire food in four minutes. Honestly, I would happily trade a bit of service for a clear attention to detail. Give Musashi an honest and open-minded attempt and I assert that you may well agree.

NOTE: This is an easy 5 star. I respect the Happy Cow 4-star model and, therefore, fight the system to bring you:

4 STARS out of 4 STARS.

Deal with it. Rad!

Pros: Superior Vegan (and non-vegan) Sushi, Unique and Quirky Ambience, Coffee Vegan-Gel Dessert (oh my yes)

Cons: Service can be a bit slower on busy evenings, Bring your own sake (BYOS)

Great service - Edit

I agree with a previous reviewer in that there are not many vegan options here for a place that uses the word vegan in their business name. However, what they do make is very good especially the truffle edamame potato dumplings and the pink and green vegan sushi rolls.
We've been a few times and the service has always been very welcoming, courteous and attentive.

Pros: attentive service, tasty vegan sushi

Cons: not enough vegan options, cigarette smell (from previous establishment)

A few good vegan options if you stop in - Edit

I checked this place out while I was staying in the area. For a place that has "vegan" in their name, they didn't really have a whole lot of options to choose from. I had a vegan ramen bowl that was delicious and my husband had Seitan VegDon which he said was good. We also had a vegan Flan for desert and they had soy whipped cream for the topping which was a nice surprise. Overall good but not as many vegan options as the name would have you believe, there is 3 or 4.

Pros: Good food, Nice staff

Cons: hard to see from road

Great Food - Edit

This place is amazing. Great vegan options, amazing atmosphere, nice spot (although if you are new to this area, check Google map first).

Pros: Delicious vegan options, decent parking spot, real

Return to Feasterville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Musashi Exotic Japanese Vegan & Sake Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.