CLOSED: Mundo Vegetariano

• Vegetarian

Contact n/a

Calle E Norte (at Calle 9 de Enero and Avenida Central), David, Panama,

Offers a daily menu of small dishes like beans, rice, vegetable soup, salad, and sometimes soy meat or tofu. Most dishes are without milk and eggs, but ask to be sure. The space is open and clean, with fans to combat the heat. Reported closed to HappyCow, Mar 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Panamanian

First Review by Laura Grainger

CLOSED - Edit

We were in David in January 2015. We found the place on lunch time but it was closed. The place was boarded up and there were no chairs, tables or anything inside. Looked kind of derelict, and like it hasn't been open for quite a while!

A good find in David! - Edit

A nice clean, bright restaurant tucked behind another shop, but still easy to find because of the mural that says 'mundo vegetariano'. The staff were really nice. I had 4 options from the menu of the day on my plate, and it was so much food! Each thing cost more or less a dollar, but they vary...they weren't written on the menu I had to ask. That plate cost less than $5, and I could have shared it with someone else. The restaurant is not overly beautiful, but the food and people made up for it.
Best pumpkin mash I've ever had in my life. These ladies know how to select good quality veg.
If you come through David, don't miss it.

Pros: excellent food, large portions, good prices, mostly vegan

Cons: not a beautiful setting, prices not written on menu

Return to David Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Mundo Vegetariano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 533 times since Feb 2012.